Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236003 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #630 on: February 11, 2012, 11:33:03 pm »

'I...what...Stiletto...?'

Fear, relief, happiness, unease, guilt, unworth and more wage war.  It's all to much for me to handle, and I pass out with the sweet taste of Stiletto's lips still on mine.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 12, 2012, 02:17:40 am »

Falcata looks up into the night sky, following Glaive's pointing hoof as he identifies various constellations. Though she could natter on for hours about clouds, weather patterns and other things in the sky, things outside the atmosphere are a bit beyond her scope. Probably a unicorn thing to be thinking about those magical lights so high up, she ponders, but she nevertheless responds with enthusiasm.
"Really? Tell me some!" she implores the unicorn, pressing herself into him to stave off the chill of the night.

((Apologies for taking so long to reply, been away from my PC all day.))

"Hmm, my father, taught me quite a few things when I was a foal, he always said, "A good warrior needs a strong mind and body." I'll tell you what he told me about the Ursa Major." Glaive stares up at the sky at the constellation. "Firstly, I should say, the Ursa Major is oldpony speak for large bear, or Great Bear as it's usually translated."

Glaive clears his throat and begins his story.

((I will be using some of the randomly generated deities from the game, I will include their domain and usually depicted form in (()) ))

"Long ago Dan Noval Istbar ((Male unicorn, love)) lusted after a beautiful pegasus mare, of yellow color, who loved nature and all it's wonders. However the mare was already married and had a family of her own. This did not discourage Dan Noval Istbar, as why should he a god, care for the traditions of we lesser mortals, and so did he seduce the yellow mare. Yet when the mare's husband found out, he went to the temple of Vumom ((Female unicorn, scholarship)) Dan's godly wife and reported his wandering. Vumom grew jealous and transformed the yellow mare into a bear. The mare, fearful of what her husband and foal would think of her new form ran into the wilderness where she lived for many a year.

Years later, her foal now nearly grown, was out hunting, and spotted the Great Bear, not knowing that it was his own mother, bewitched by some godly spell, he readied his crossbow to slay the beast. But his shot was stayed by Dan Noval Istbar, who stepped in to avert the tragedy. He could not undo the curse of the goddess, so instead he transformed the son into a bear as well, and put them in the sky. Where they became the constellations Ursa Major, and Ursa Minor.

Now, my father never told me this last part, but Grandfather always added that when they were in the sky the Son told the Mother, that the Father was responsible for her transformation, and that when the Blood Moon is out, the Ursa Major comes down from the sky to look for her husband, destroying pony homes and villages until the sun rises again. But I think Grandfather just wanted to scare me."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 12, 2012, 04:46:59 am »

Stiletto pulls away slowly from Fluxs' passed out form, and then snuggles right up next to him and wraps him in a wing.

'So viel mehr als Art'

Stiletto lay her head down into Fluxs' mane and fell asleep just so.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 12, 2012, 05:07:38 am »

I fidget slightly in Stiletto's embrace as I dream.

Dawnpick lay before me, idealized and safe.  No need for traps, for walls, for moats.  There are a few ponies in shining armor, sworn to protect and brave and strong, though there is little sign they would ever need to fight.  I sit at an overlarge smelter, filling a giant crucible shaped like the one on my flanks.  As I finish and send it into the smelter, Stiletto approaches.  She towers over me; tall, majestic and beautiful.  And not alone.  At her side is a blue mare with green hair, just as tall and regal as Stiletto.  Everything she deserves.

'Mein klien hengst' says Stiletto, 'This is Brook, mien Love!'

They share a loving kiss and start to walk away.  I try to follow, but they gain distance no matter how fast I gallop.  Stiletto glances over her shoulder and sees me running all out to try to follow her.

'Sorry, klien hengst.  She is my Love, you are freund.'

With that, they begin to vanish from my sight, laughing and totally in love, not needing a simple smelter like me.  Steel ingots rain down, forming a wall to finally rob me of seeing Stiletto.  As the dream starts to fade into the darkness of deeper slumber, the last thing I see is Stiletto; laughing with her true love.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:16:05 am by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 12, 2012, 01:48:28 pm »

What skill level is Powder Miner?

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.  He's up to professional now, but I'm going to have to find more for the miners to do.  With the forgotten beasts to kill, I'll probably be setting up some elaborate traps needing their help.  If nothing else, got more marble to mine.  Or more dirt to clear out. :D
Through pain, I find wisdom.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 12, 2012, 02:37:56 pm »

Stiletto is shaken awake by Fluxs' movements. She strokes his mane with the side of her head and starts singing softly.

In deiner Schöpfung Himmel tat Dekret
Das in deinen Armen süßer Tod wohnen zu

tief stille vervollständigen
Schwarzer Samt Meer
Die Sirenen sind für mich ruft

Meine Seele gerettet denken "Dieses Lied ist eine Lüge"
Sand am Ufer ist so trocken,

tief stille vervollständigen
Schwarzer Samt Meer
Die Sirenen sind für mich ruft

Das Alter wird sagen: "Dieser Dichter Lügen"
Himmel nie berührt irdisches Gesicht
Das Alter wird sagen: "Diese Nacht gehörte uns"
Gesegnet mit der Deep
Die stille die vervollständigen

((original song: Deep Silent Complete// by: Nightwish))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:43:24 pm by TALLPANZER »
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 12, 2012, 03:07:16 pm »

The quiet singing gently draws me back to consciousness and I open one of my eyes as she draws the song to a close.

"St-Stiletto?  What... was that song?  It was so.. beautiful..."

I close my eye and snuggle into her side, enjoying the warm softness of her wing and not quite aware that this isn't another dream.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 12, 2012, 03:44:59 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:17:11 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 12, 2012, 04:28:46 pm »

Glaive looks into Falcata's beautiful amethyst eyes, before speaking again, "Yes, there are a lot of stories written in the sky, and Unicorns have long looked up at the stars and observed their movements, their patterns, and created such tales about them. But I am a warrior, not a scholar, I know but a taste of what there is to learn about the heavens. However, the moral of this tale is, either, remaining faithful to one's spouse or you shall suffer the consequences, as did both the yellow mare and to a lesser extent Dan, or maybe it is just that the gods are as crazy and flawed as we mere mortals, just with much more power. I'm not really sure which it is. Maybe a bit of both."

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 12, 2012, 04:34:00 pm »

Missionary log
Limestone, 255
Well, Stiletto talked me into going back to the hospital and at least getting some bandages on my hooves.  The girl put up quite the argument as too, even quoted form the book of Faust, "And the pony who fixes his neighbor house while his own is but rubble is a fool." (Faust 7:23)  I guess somepoy really has been paying attention to my sermons!

Speaking of Stiletto, she has really taken a shining to the town smithy, an earth pony by the name of Flux. Handsome stallion if I ever saw one. Saw them both with another pony, Glyph I believe, in the dining hall.  There was some shouting over that odd blue unicorn and his "Boo".  Well, they rushed of to find "Boo" and soon engulf I see all three walking back wet as ship-rats! HA! Reminds me of that one job I did in lower-        No. That's not me anymore. That part of my life is buried now.

Sandstone, 255
Well, If it's not bandits in the hills, it's monsters in the deep it seems. Two now.  Blag, where did they find the evil to make even one of those things is beyond me. Were running low on stone as well, so were going to have to find some way to stop those things.  There are plans being made right now though, but I'll leave them to ponies that know such things. I will prey to the sisters to aid them in there righteous work.

It's not all bad news though! The moat is finally completed! Perhaps now we can all sleep in peace. That's not all! Ms. Virtue is too be wed as well! She's in a flurry of planing now, I wonder if I should offer my services as a chaplain?

Timber, 255
Well the wedding I wrote of before was a smashing success! I am measuring success on the number of drunk ponies of course.  Ms. Virtue had me preform the ceremony.  It wasn't the "Dan-Nova-Bastard" ceremony they wanted at first, but the one of my own faith is not that different all in all.  Things got a little awkward at the breaking the the cup when they both tried to stomp it, but otherwise it went off without a hitch. I excused myself from the festivity's as large amounts of drink tend to make things awkward for me, make me chatty about my past.  "All things in moderation" as the book of laughter says. I here Stiletto was quite the dancer.

Also, there were some diamond dogs but who cares?

Moonstone, 255
Trouble all around it seems. I ran out of incense for the festival of Luna's moon, and the town is having trouble with the pumps filling the moat. I am sure they can fix the pumps with no problems at all, but I fear my burnt offerings to the sister of the night sky will be quite lacking.  I do hope she understands. 

Opal, 255
Happy days! The building of church has begun!  Ms. Virtue has graciously allowed me some materials to begin my work and Stiletto is helping me move all of it to the planed site. I can hardly wait!

In other news, a young Pegasus has come of age and has gone off to join the guard. I don't like it. The boy may be full grown but he still has a ways to go till he can be called a stallion. He is still to young to-

That's odd, Stiletto just found some sheet of paper and ran off. Something about a 'Rezen-Bee-winger'? I should have paid more attention to our high-pony lessons at the Missionary.

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 12, 2012, 05:41:32 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:17:05 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 12, 2012, 05:51:29 pm »

Glaive holds Falcata tight, and nuzzles her as he whispers, "You are my everything here Falcata, I would never leave you for anything in the world or the sky. Without the joy and laughter you bring to my life, I don't know what I would be." He kisses her forehead. "I love you." His voice shakes with emotion when he speaks the last sentence. A pair of shooting stars fly together through the night sky overhead, unnoticed by the two young ponies.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 12, 2012, 06:35:26 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:17:01 pm by Omicega »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 12, 2012, 06:57:47 pm »

Some distance away, Powder Miner was hesitating as he looked into the tunnel to the mining areas. The beasts down there were giving him pause. But scared as he was, it would be quick for a miner of his professional skill (he figured) so he hesitantly went down and mined.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 12, 2012, 06:59:32 pm »

Glaive stares at the sight. "I've read about those, but it's been a long time, I'll tell you what I remember. That is a comet. Supposedly the gods send them as glimpses into the fate of the world. There are ways to tell what they mean, things to do with what constellations they pass through or the shape of their tails. Their meaning can be anything from either an omen of doom or a promise of great things to come, but I am not sure how to interpret one though. If I had my father's old books I probably could come up with a reasonable guess. However, it passing in front of the moon like that, seems significant. Perhaps a more educated pony would be able to tell us, if you really want to know."
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 239