Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236012 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #660 on: February 13, 2012, 12:48:05 am »

Jaxler thought about powder's response. "why the hell would anypony thing your arrogant. Its only logical that you would want to be known for what you love." Jaxler got up off the barrel and said "so... what's this about your clan, your uncle and this rank system? in all the time I've known you I've never heard a thing about this".
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:00:55 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Jackknife402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 13, 2012, 02:37:43 am »

Mortar made his way slowly down to the tunnels, a soft hum upon his lips as he walked, his eyes closed yet he seemed to find his way quite well. From time to time deep throated syllables escaped his lips: "Fu....rae da, le moi le mei...." the rock underneath him seemed to vibrate as hhe sang, oscillating as his tone and pitch changed. He stopped several yards from the two ponies, having felt them through the stone. Recognizing the two ponies as Powder miner and Jaxler; he approached.    "Been hitting that barrel again I see Jaxler, Hello Powder. Come down to do some digging?"

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 13, 2012, 03:11:05 pm »

Stiletto awoke the next morning with Flux sleeping peacefully under her wing. The first rays of light had just hit the ground, telling Stiletto it was time to brake her fast. She rose carefully, so as to not disturb her freundlichsten Freundin. Magically, she boiled water in a rock pot, then skimmed the flotsam away. Oats and raisins where stirred into the pot next. Ten or so minuets later Stiletto pored the content of the rock pot into two wooden bowls, sliced up an apple and placed it on top of the Oatmeal. She ate and left the other bowl next to Flux as she left for a hard day of patrol and training.

*On her way out, she looks back at the sleeping Flux* "Have a good morning, miene Freundin."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 13, 2012, 04:17:01 pm »

Several minutes after Stiletto leaves, I begin the arduous journey to the waking state.  Blearily rolling to my hooves, I follow my sense of smell to the only thing in the room worth waking for at the moment.

"Mmm, oatmeal... oohh and fruit."

The delicious breakfast draws me to be fully awake, and I pause in mid-bite as I realize where I am.

'I guess she didn't feel like taking me to my apartment.  I am such a foal...'

Appetite gone, I wash the bowl and prepare to leave.  Before I can reach the door, though, I notice the red silk dress of Stiletto's love.  It was crumpled up in a corner, having landed there sometime during Stiletto's grief.  I gingerly pick it up in my hooves and very carefully lay it out on Stiletto's bed so it won't wrinkle or get stepped on.  I consider cleaning up, but decide against it.  These clothes were important to her, and I wasn't sure if she'd want me touching them.  I would have left the dress alone, but... it just didn't feel right to just leave it there on the floor.  I glance back at the dress before closing the door behind me, then hang my head.

"I'm sorry I stole your kiss, Brook..."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 13, 2012, 08:24:54 pm »

Jaxler was confused as to why Mortar was down in the mines. Was he really singing to the stone? he had assumed Mortar was joking when said he sung to them. "hay, Mortar! what brings you to a place like this?"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:27:57 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 13, 2012, 09:03:29 pm »

Powder Miner thought for a brief moment. "Well, I thought it might be a bit presumptuous to want to be one of the best... And about the clan... well... I guess noone ever asked about the mark on my cheek or anything related to it, so I never thought to explain. We come from the northwest corner of the country, and we're laborers, military and civilian, seeking to gain fortune, master our trade, or such things like that. As each of us chooses a labor, we get a painted mark on our cheek of the labor- I have a pick -as a kind of second cutie mark I guess for the clan.

Our names also come from that, we're simply "peasants". I'm named "Powder" because of our clan's religion, far different from that of the preacher Grapple's. We believe the world's made of of a number -quite a lot- of elements. They're not exactly intuitive, and a few of them confuse even me, for example this weird white condensed magic thing called Ceyfor. Powder is an element, representing, dust, dirt, and leaves, and there's an order to them but I don't want to list them right now. Your first name is basically your element in order of if you were the first second or so on of your profession and then your profession. I was the first miner where I was born and hence my name Powder Miner. And then you have your last name to distinguish you.

We have a rank system for how well you do your labor. The number of ranks is the same for all of them, but the criteria are custom-tailored for all of the jobs. As a miner, I'm... currently I think... professional because I can reliably mine out boulders without significant risk of injury in the process, not counting faulting patterns of mining that would cause the ceiling to drop on my head. My great-uncle, Torch Miner, was a legend of a miner. He was pretty famous around the clan for being able to dig out large areas in small amounts of time almost every time effortlessly churning out a usable piece of rock. He even brought down a ridge on the heads of a diomedian siege once."

He turned to Mortar. "Yes, I'm here to dig. That reminds me- I should finish digging this out before it falls out on it own. I think I can hear it beginning to creak, should have dug it out before I began to talk." At this Powder Miner put his pick in the corner of the half-dug-out boulder and gave a quick twist, rendering the boulder free of the wall with a crack.

Jackknife402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 14, 2012, 02:44:35 am »

"You hadn't need to have worried Powder, there was a little niche holding that boulder in place; it was quite solid and could have lasted a few quick bucks by our warrior friend here." Mortar smiled at Jaxler. "I'm inspecting the work on the wall that protects us from the creatures that occupy the Deep Roads, or the layer of caverns that Powder here has tunneled into. Mortar made a light hum to himself, the stone beneath his hooves vibrating ever the slightest. "Also was planning to do a bit of mapping beyond the walls; and also wanted to figure out where the current denizens of the Deep are resting; see much of a chance we have should we pierce these walls for a moment."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 14, 2012, 04:07:30 am »

Stiletto was ecstatic today. Everything she did had a little bit more vigor to it. Her eyes were bright and full of confidence. On the training ground she took on three of her squad and battled them to a stand still. A normally long patrol seemed to pass in no time at all. When she took lunch at the temple ground, everypony could hear her joyful humming. One more trip to the training field for a wrestling demonstration and Stiletto hurried home, too change.

Upon entering her apartment Stiletto realizes just what a mess was left. Brooks' dress had been placed on the bed though. She up-righted the bin and found some letters that had been at the bottom of it. No time for that now though. Four hats, five dresses, four pairs of boots, and two capes latter, she was finally ready too go to the smelter and see her freundlichste Liebe. The door to Stiletto's apartment, through miracle of carpentry, managed to stay on its' hinges as the large alicorn flew through it with very little regard for its' proper use. In but a few moments, Stiletto was standing in the doorway to Fluxs' smelter.

"Hello to you on the fine evening." *She said standing so the sun was setting on her left side.* 
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 14, 2012, 04:26:07 am »

My day had gone far worse.  The smelter didn't want to get up to temperature, then I almost ruined some steel by putting in too much charcoal.  Come lunch, I only ate a small meal.  I noticed the trap Stiletto and I had set up the other day and was reminded of my foalishness for pining after that which would never be mine.  My work was sloppy and slow, giving me no time to even unwind by doodling traps.  When Stiletto greets me in the smelter, I almost step in the cooling ingots in surprise.

"St-Stiletto?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 14, 2012, 04:38:33 am »

Stiletto smiles wide and bright, a spark in her eyes. She skips once and glides over to Flux.

"What has meine freundlichste Liebe been doing today? Are you ready for a drink? or do you want to stay in?

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 14, 2012, 05:00:34 am »

'Well, at least she doesn't seem too upset about yesterday.  She still calls me Freund-something...'

I think for a moment, then decide that a drink might help me forget this awful day and give a small smile.

"Um, sure, Stiletto.  A drink sounds... good."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 14, 2012, 05:16:30 am »

Stiletto playfully leans into Flux and folds her wing about his withers.

"Drinks then. You never told me you favorite drink." *Stiletto brings her head down and whispers into Fluxs' ear* "And want you, to tell everything meine freundlichste Liebe."

She kisses him on the neck and looks in to his eye, her own filled with excitement

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 14, 2012, 05:27:54 am »

I get lost in her eyes for a moment before remembering my place.

'She's just being friendly, Flux.  Some light-hearted teasing between Friend-whatevers.'

"Um, my f-favorite drink?  I, uh, like sunshine..."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 14, 2012, 05:38:54 am »

"How very fitting. Do you think they will have many good barrels? I want us to have a good time on our first öffentlichen Ausflug."

Stiletto used her wing to guide Flux to the dinning hall and into a pair of very close seats

"Go on and order so we can share a mug together."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 14, 2012, 05:54:44 am »

'Did she already forgive me for yesterday?  She's so... amazing...'

I go and get a mug of sunshine, paying most of my extra bits for it because of how rare it is.  The expense is worth it, though, if it means I could give her something nice.

"Um, here's the sunshine.  It's pretty strong, so, uh, sharing was a good idea."

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 239