Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we fast forward the game? (Please don't vote if you're not one of the 14 players)

Yes, 20 turns!
Yes, 15 turns!
Yes, 10 turns!
Yes, 5 turns!
No, don't be bloody daft.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Tribal Empires  (Read 14645 times)

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Empires
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2011, 07:09:45 am »

Roads!

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2011, 11:29:47 am »

Continue investing resources in fortifications.
Actually, I would like to do this until I say otherwise, or I reach level 1 in fortifications.
Also, I have decided to refrain from asking further questions unless they have ramifications in the next 10 turns. I would like to know about village fortifications and whether they give a flat bonus or just a percentage bonus to defense, also whether having +10% defense (for example) would affect the combat effectiveness of a unit with 1 defense. I would also like to know whether there is a city population threshold at 100 people or not.

Fortifications of 10% will give 10% of 1 to a defence of 1, equaling 1.1 per person in the unit. By making scores count for each person, I can make more strategic units available - such as powerful knights, who are a unit of five but can take down a horde of chickens. For exmaple.

Hm... I hadn't thought about population cap... I think I'm going to remove the Growth *x from Housing, and make housing the population-cap'er. I'll replace the Growth* progress to roadworks (Starting at *1 from level 0, so no losses).

I'll be updating in a little while.

So were skipped if were a day late?

Yeah, after seeing how this game will be played, you can take me out. I honestly don't think I really want to play anymore.

Translation: "I'm not the one who is stupid, aggressive and useless, it's everybody else!"

Notice how everybody else is getting through the game just fine, except you. If you needed help, all you needed to do is ask - but instead, you were being a tit.

No love lost.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2011, 02:12:49 pm »

A little while being 2 and a half hours so far.

On the other hand, did you imply that one could recruit a horde of chickens?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »

A little while being 2 and a half hours so far.

On the other hand, did you imply that one could recruit a horde of chickens?

Little while being, when I can get started on it. :P 2 1/2 hours is as I expected, if not sooner.

And, it was per example if a horde of chickens were to descend on a village. [cough,religious omen,cough].
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2011, 02:41:19 pm »

Jf do have a point. The game ought to speed up a bit. We will probably skip some ten turns until we have something interesting.

Of course it can be an one off matter.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2011, 02:50:36 pm »

Jf do have a point. The game ought to speed up a bit. We will probably skip some ten turns until we have something interesting.

Of course it can be an one off matter.

Indeed. I'll poll.

Also, have you posted your turn yet? D:

Stockpile and beign to research tactics for warfare.

You don't seem to understand how research works... Research goes up in a tech group if you have a village focused on it. You can't change your focus at this point.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 02:58:12 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2011, 04:13:00 pm »

You forgot an option.

Skip till someone can do something. Like having enough pop for a settler or enough resources for an upgrade, possibly further when those actions are already specified in advance.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2011, 04:41:34 pm »

Yeah, after seeing how this game will be played, you can take me out. I honestly don't think I really want to play anymore.

Translation: "I'm not the one who is stupid, aggressive and useless, it's everybody else!"

Notice how everybody else is getting through the game just fine, except you. If you needed help, all you needed to do is ask - but instead, you were being a tit.

No love lost.

You know, I was about to write a intelligent but unneeded responsed to that, but then I thought: "Fuck da haters."
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2011, 04:45:20 pm »

No love lost.

You know, I was about to write a intelligent but unneeded responsed to that, but then I thought: "Fuck da haters."

So you wrote an unintelligent one instead.

Intelligent.

If you really must take this so personal, take it to PM rather than spamming up this game thread, please ;)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2011, 08:07:11 pm »

I'm dropping out, as there are just too many players. I don't believe Azkanan will be able to motivate himself for very long with so many, and I don't want to get too invested in a game I feel will die before its time. Hopefully me quitting will allow it to continue going longer.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2011, 09:07:27 pm »

I was worrying about how long the game would last with such huge updates required...

Anyhow, I like the idea of skipping until we have some more resources under our belts.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2011, 06:37:03 am »

I'm dropping out, as there are just too many players. I don't believe Azkanan will be able to motivate himself for very long with so many, and I don't want to get too invested in a game I feel will die before its time. Hopefully me quitting will allow it to continue going longer.

You're leaving? There's no reason to continue living updating any more!

Oh well, that's a shame... I haven't posted yesterdays update yet, by the way, because two guys haven't posted properly >_>. I'll update in an hour if they haven't posted properly by then.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2011, 08:45:20 am »

Day 40

Spoiler: Global Events (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World Map 100% (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World Map 200% (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World Map 300% (click to show/hide)

A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:56 am »

pass
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2011, 09:37:04 am »

Day 40??? I thought we were just doing 10 turns not 36....

ALSO...

Please please please use the Spoiler I post and paste over the one you use to update with. There is many mistakes from my end and some sort of miscommunication from yours.

Why is my food only 18, what should it really be???

Resources to Infrastructure.
25r to Roadworks.
25r to Traderoute to Lokum Khanate from Šnamevena
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:06:39 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12