Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12762 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 2)
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2011, 07:34:48 pm »

Athaerion was, at a glance, identical to the zombies found in the mall, but a little part of his sanity was still there. He began twitching, as an attempt to move away from the woman in the storeroom, but it was useless now. He couldn't command his body to stop fighting.

He dashed towards the woman, claws raised and leaped in mid-transit towards the woman.

"ki..ll..."

Athaerion could not stop himself from attempting to kill everyone he sees, and his thoughts were now warped, feeling that killing people is totally okay. His attention shifted to the woman, and he ignored Shade. He could only think of killing now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:27:25 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2011, 08:24:58 pm »

Mary was taken by surprise as Athaerion started punching her in the midsection. As he punched her his infection started to fade. Mary doubled over in pain, and blood dripped from her mouth from the impacts, but the punching slowed. Shade hurried to her side. "You should have said something..." Mary said as she passed out, but it seemed as if Athaerion would be fine.

Shade looked at Athaerion, "Could you help me carry her to her room? Assuming you're alright... You are alright, right?"

EDIT: Back at the downtown area Ben started walking towards one of the survivors that was trying to hide. The crowd surrounding him broke into a run, and within moments the man was surrounded by angry zombies. When the zombies backed off the man was unrecognizable. Blood dripped from everywhere, including the cuts that were visible on his face and hands. A pool ebbed away from him as the zombies walked calmly back to their new master.

Ben was now looking around himself for a new target for his blind rage and the crowd that surrounded him.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:26:48 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2011, 09:21:19 pm »

There was a dim murmur filling her ears, punctuated the occasional muffled thump of distant weapons. No sooner did she regain consciousness than a searing pain surged up and down her back. Through her squinted eyes, she saw more than felt a blurry figure pull her somewhere else. As she was dragged past the smouldering remains of the golem, Geneva faded out of consciousness once again.

Her next foray back to consciousness was heralded by the return of the pain. She waited several minutes for the pain to subside, lying unmoving upon the floor. A puddle of water had collected on the balcony. It took her several moments to summon up enough willpower to shift her position. Finally, her tattered back rested in the water. The pain subsided to a dull throbbing as the water rejuvenated the wounds on her back.

That's somewhat bearable for now. Where did that guy drag me to?

Opening her eyes, she noticed that the red smog seemed to be coming from below her position. Deducing that she had been pulled somewhere out of the way, she decided that it was probably safe enough to sit up, at the very least. Using the healing power of the water had depleted her energy, but was probably a good choice in the long run. Two other people - supers, probably, due to their lack of infection - seemed to be facing some sort of mutant. Maybe now wouldn't be the best time to get up; at the very best, she could avoid the most hostile party. She let her eyes drift closed again, feigning unconsciousness while the water soaked her back.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2011, 09:30:30 pm »

Athaerion just stood where he was cured, staring blankly at the ceiling. His mind wasn't quite there yet, and he collapsed to the ground, fainting in the process. He felt nothing, and then, all the damage he sustained took a toll on him. His bones were still shattered and they would require an complex operation to fix. He was in pain, although he was quite out of his mind to notice it.

Suddenly, the storeroom was silent, with two unconscious people near the doorway, and Shade, who crouched a bit to carry the woman called Mary.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:33:51 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2011, 09:55:07 pm »

"..." Shade looked at the two unconscious people. "Great."

Shade lifted Mary with a fireman carry and took her just outside the door. He put her down for a moment removed one of the wine bottles, and pressed a button hidden in the slot. He picked he back up and took her to her quarters. It took a solid five minutes to walk to the room, and it took another five minutes to get back. The complex under the pub was big. Bigger than most Circle members knew. As Shade passed the hidden button he paused, thought about it and put the bottle in his backpack. He took a different bottle and used it to hide the button.

He then carried Athaerion outside and into the bar. He put him down on the outrageously soft leather couch in the break room and walked into the bar for a wine glass for himself.

EDIT:
The man in the ballcap, spoke to Rick as blood dripped down from his eye. "The grand experiments have begun. Soon the world will beg for mercy, and we'll be there to administer it." He started coughing up blood as well. He didn't have much time, not that it really mattered. "We'll be standing at the end of the world and watching it burn! Isn't it exciting?"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:03:24 pm by The Fool »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2011, 10:13:53 pm »

Rick rolled his eyes and jabbed a syringe into the man's neck.
"Well I'm all for unscrupulous world burning, but I'm not exactly in the mood right now. So would you like to tell me a bit about this little group you're in, or would you like me to get out my toys?"
He doubted that the man could be convinced to talk even with negative external stimuli, but it was worth a shot.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2011, 10:23:46 pm »

Wei kept smiling, ignoring when Rick suddenly popped out of nowhere to ask him about something.

"Don't mention it, I know how hard it is to get a quality sword these days. And not trusting me is a smart move. As for the initial outbreak site, you're standing in it. I got info that this was to be the source of the outbreak."

Just as he finsihed speaking, he felt the tips of claws poke his back and heard the demands of someone. Looking bored over his shoulder, he inspects the super with claws, eyes darting all over his body, analysing his capabilities and noting the large and powerful legs.

Awww... How adorable, he thinks he has a chance.

"Oh how cute, he thinks he can kill me. Kid, look at me. I wear a suit to a zombie outbreak and when I kill people with my bare hands. Do you honestly think I am so tacky to use humans as bioweapons without serious thought behind it? It's not my style, plus I don't know how to make zombies, not that I ever WANT to in the first place. It's been done, and I would rather stick to more effective and shocking means."

Pausing in speach to listen to Rick popping out of nowhere again, as he usually does, Wei waves him off.

"Oh relax Rick, it's not as if he actually haves a chance. Oh and by the way kid, there is one thing you need to know about me."

A mad grin shows on his face, as blood surges into muscles, highlighting them through his skin.

"Between you and me, I'm not the one who is afraid to die."

Wei suddenly impales himself on Simon's claws, the points tearing through to stick through the other side. Wei sucks in a breath out of pain, but doesn't stop grinning.

"Ooo, that smarts. Still-"

Grabbing hold of Simon's wrist with one hand, he twists around and grabs his head with his free hand in one blindingly fast movement.

"-It's not going to hurt as much as what I can do to you."

Ripping Simon's claws out of his back with one hand, Wei slams a knee into Simon's ribs with enough force to break the spines of 3 men. Ducking under the held arm, he rotates at the same time, locking the joints in his arm and then, almost casually, flips him onto his back. Stepping down onto his neck, Wei puts more pressure onto the locked joints and holds him there.

"Now, stay quiet if you want to keep this arm attached. Mommy and Daddy are talking."

Turning back to Akane, the ragged holes in his torso start closing quickly and his blood begins flowing back into his body from the floor. Wei's mad smile relaxes into a normal one.

"Sorry about that. It happens from time to time. Well, it appears Rick has been busy. If he leaves him with me, I'll get him to talk. Unless you have any objections, my dear? And as for the Busters, I wouldn't worry about them. They are only using guns after all, and we are each capable of handling gunfire. If you give me some time, I could even get us a ride out of here."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2011, 11:25:18 pm »

((Eh. I'll toss on another part to this event. May as well show a stronger arm of the Busters out of spite.))

A voice popped up on the helicopter's radio. "This is the Pariah Macentis Dubeo, commencing drop in 3... 2... 1." A helicopter flew over head at a high speed, but someone jumped anyways, quickly followed by a pod. With a thump a metallic suit landed, and along with it the pod crashed into the ground. The impact opened the pod, and the man in the suit stood up and grabbed a shield and a pistol from the now misting pod. "Pariah commencing mission. Bastards won't even know what hit them." He walked forward, just waiting for someone to try something.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2011, 12:23:03 am »

((I'd like to jump in because I liked the last one, but I'm not sure what the hell is going on. Something about zombies? Where is everyone? Why must I read several walls of text in order to understand the story so far? Why am I posting this here instead of on the OOC thread? WHY?!?!))

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2011, 12:42:51 am »

((Please use the OOC thread. I'll post an explanation of what is happening there.))

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2011, 01:09:27 am »

Akane watched impassively the next few seconds passed, people popped up around them, and Wei took a moment out to pummel some young mutant.

"I cannot say that I am surprised you have assassins of your own, Crimson Devil.

...It appears our problem has been solved for us, however. Make the arrangements, then- if it comes to it, I'll hold them off and meet up with you later.

As for the sword, I made it myself... I care little for material possessions in general, but I have grown fond of it."

In three days, it becomes a full century old... but he needn't know that.

She took one last draw of the cigarette, before dropping it and stepping on the remains, grinding them into the floor as she turned on her heel to the unconscious-looking girl. Resting the sword against her shoulder, Akane crouched in front of the injured super, checking her pulse and pulling open one eyelid.

"You going to be alright?"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2011, 01:37:20 am »

Ulysses knew there was a lot of super activity going on in the mall. Perhaps there were some of his old acquaintances were there? It wasn't like supers to retire or die of old age or disease, nor was it common for them to retire. From across the street, he sensed some life forces that he recognized. Wei Lung and the others were there. Not all of the forces were those of familiars, though. He knew he was either about to make some new friends or some new corpses. There were enough corpses shambling around the mall, so he'd rather not make the latter.
    He drifted across the road to where the other supers were standing. He hadn't seen Rick before, but he had heard of him. The rest, besides Wei, he didn't know. They couldn't see him, but he knew Wei had a tendency to notice a stray spirit, even though he had no true supernatural abilities. In his dreams, he had learned how to speak without exerting much energy. Instead of anchoring himself to the real world to create the vibrations necessary for noise, he had to stay in the spirit realm and alter the ghost-vibration into real vibration. "Am I late to the party?" He said with a somewhat humorous tone. "Or is it just getting started?"

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2011, 01:57:43 am »

Vetrous Jumped off of the dumpster, Out into a small sidestreet.
Urrhgghh....
"Thats why this happened, I guess."
Putting his hands infront of him, He started to get a grip on the zombies blood, Not very strong, But just enough to make it fall over...
"ARGHHH!"
The Zombie went limp, Falling onto the ground with a wet thud.
Walking over to the zombie, He picked up a rock, And threw it straight into the zombies head, Making a loud Crack.
"Thats done."
He could not really control liquids that were not water for long, However.

Making he started to suck up a LOT of water.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHR!"
He jumped up, Forcing the water through his feet, Making a jet of water, Pushing him up through the air.
Landing on the top of a clothes shop, It was 2 storys high.
*YET ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER*
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2011, 03:08:15 am »

Wei shrugged, which caused a twinge of pain in poor Simon who was still on the floor.

"Comes with the trade baby, these are exciting times after all."

Reaching around to his back with his free hand, Wei pulls out a long and very nasty looking combat knife.

"And I know the worth of a good blade. It can come in handy, if you know what you are doing. Allow me to demonstrate."

Bending down and placing the tip of the knife just a few millimeters from Simons eye, he smiles that evil smile he has.

"Listen kid, things are probably going to get a bit hectic around here. If you know what's good for you, you should leave soon. The busters don't discriminate do-gooders from victims."

He suddenly pauses and looks towards the mall doors, and sees the approaching lone power suit, armed with a pistol and shield. A frown appears on his face, as he realises just what it means.

"Akane! We've got trouble. Looks like the busters are upping their game, we need to leave soon. Do what you need to and meet me on the roof in 5. If you aren't there, I'm leaving without you. If you see Rick, tell him to meet me there with the prisoner. Try to keep the roof clear. I'm off to get us a way out."

Leaning back down to Simon, he whispers to him;

"Ever wanted to learn how to fly? You're gonna get your chance soon. Come on then kid."

As he hauled him to his feet painfully, he suddenly stopped and smiled.

"Oh, hello Ulysses. You've come at a great time. I got a task for you, find Rick and tell him to get to the roof of the mall. Then go distract the thing in the suit downstairs, if you please."

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2011, 06:42:01 am »

Ben was having a lot of fun beating on people who managed to hide from other infected. In his form he had acute hearing, and could easily smell out those who breathed heavily inside dumpsters and other hiding spots, fearing for their lives. It was then that Ben noticed a large amount of activity coming from the mall roof.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:21:02 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19