Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12756 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 2)
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2011, 10:52:57 pm »

Rick slowly got to his feet and got a grip on his prisoner, then headed over to the helicopter.
"Nice shooting, Wei. Hello Justicar."
He sat down and heaved the man into the back, feeling his ribs for any cracks.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2011, 02:26:40 am »

The clouds seemed to shift as something began to move. A metallic grey shimmered through the clouds. More and more flashes of grey speckled the sky and soon it became apparent what it was. It was a massive flying ship at least 1500 feet long that was casting a deep black shadow as it slowly circled above the Kaleno Central Mall. Countless turrets and anti-air guns lined it's underside. It's wings were like a birds, and moved with the wind, displacing clouds as they twitched and flapped. The letters C2X-Machina ran along the underside. A yellow spore flowed from the bottom of the ship, which dissipated widely as if fell over the city. The zombies around Ben started to come to their senses and seemed rather alarmed at all the bloodshed and Ben's massive intimidating form. Most ran, but some broke down on the spot. Macentis dropped his pistol in awe, and some of the survivors joined him in looking at the spectacle of a ship.

There was a figure standing on the stern of the ship at the railing. A booming voice flooded the skies as a voice spoke, "We'd like to thank everyone who participated in our experiment. The data with be used to further our scientific advances. There isn't much we can do about the losses, but as I would say they had it coming and that they all deserved to die!" The figure on the stern moved as the voice broke into a twisted maniacal laugh. "Have a good day, and remember, Clades is watching you."

((I'll post the next event tomorrow.))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2011, 04:16:08 am »

Karl had been kept on a state of alert by his controllers during what they were reffering to as the recent "outbreak". The usual crowd of Supers had got themselves involved, some of which Karl had history with, and some which were unfamiliar to him. Karls controllers were happy simply to observe the unfolding events it seemed. Karl filled the time by running repeated system checks, enjoying the feeling of power his augmentations had given him. Suddenly an intel burst dominated his datafeeds - visual data and various facts pinned to it about some kind of large unidentified craft. He felt annoyed that the data had interrupted his checks - he filed it away in the unlikley event he would need it in the future. System checks complete, Karl shited his conciousness into a process not dissimilar to sleep whilst keeping his systems in a state of readiness. If he were to be needed, he would be ready and refreshed.
This is a blank sig.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2011, 10:32:57 am »

Spoiler: Long Text (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2011, 10:40:10 am »

Justicar leaned out of his seat to look back to Rick and wave
"Well Hello Rick. This gas situation is most intresting is it? It would look like it targeted the victims nervous system upon respiration and caused a psychological and semi-physical transformation, That can easily be reversed by a knock out or stun. But I figured you figured that out yourself." Justicar Rolled his shoulders "But where's the funding for such a large scale operation coming from? Thats what I am really curious about... I would figure Wei here would pick up on such large transfers but I guess not."
Raggle Fraggle

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2011, 10:47:51 am »

((Current))

As Athaerion climbed out of the sewers, he saw a gigantic ship shadowing over the general area Kaleno shopping mall. It looked like it was buster-affiliated, and as such, he began to take measures of defense.

The outdoors were silent. Everyone was looking at the goliath of a ship. Cars stopped moving and people were standing agape of what they saw. Danger was a daily part of Kaleno, but the C2X-Machina was barely sent to operate anywhere, until it became a bit of a myth.

Of course we know that that isn't true. It was floating there, and yellow spores fell down from above doing who-knows-what. He planned to get there, but remembered he has a delivery to finish.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:59:00 am by New Guy »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2011, 10:57:59 am »

Rick took a moment to gawk at the airship in the sky.
"Uhh, I'm guessing that's where it's coming from... Since we now know who's in charge of this operation, we don't need this guy."
Rick got up and went over to the prisoner, picked him up and proceeded to throw him off the roof of the mall. He landed directly on top of the buster pariah head first.
"Well, let's be off. I don't suppose anyone wants to try to take on that ship?"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:01:13 am by Sinpwn »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2011, 11:09:39 am »

The Pariah was rather surprised at the sudden weight on his head, but the suit compensated for it leaving him unharmed. The falling man wasn't so lucky, with his spine shattering on the head of Macentis, who picked up the pistol and shot the man in the head. "Damn mutants."

Day 3, 6:58 am, Mysterious News Station

The static didn't clear as the newscaster came on. He sounded out of breath and as his breathing eased so did the static. He started with his daily routine. "Good morning Kaleno City. It is... 6:58 in the morning, time for the weather. Today is sunny all day with not a cloud in the sky. In the news today there will be a break-in at the Grand National Bank building, where several banker will be held at gunpoint. In other news something hidden will be removed from the bank's vaults, and the hunt for the taker begins." There was a long pause. "And now for hours of uninterrupted static." The voice cut out and the static came back.

Shade was sitting in the backroom of the Land's Edge counting the profits of last nights bar operations listening to the static.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2011, 11:15:13 am »

"Excuse me, is a man who goes by the alias of Shade, here?"

Athaerion asked the bartender if Shade was in, who replied with a simple nod and pointed the way to his office.

Athaerion went passing through the corridors until he found Shade counting the profits of the Land's Edge from yesterday in his office. He decided to wait until Shade was done with that.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2011, 11:21:21 am »

Shade quickly counted the money, clicked off the static spewing radio, and turned towards the door. "Welcome back. What brings you here?"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2011, 11:28:39 am »

"I have a delivery to finish, as well as a few questions."

Athaerion opened a part of his new long coat, revealing an experimental buster laser pistol. He handed the pistol to Shade, and also took out a note.

"According to this note, you know what to do with this piece of technology I'm handing over to you. I want my payment to be answers: Do you know the people written on the note? Are they somehow related to my past, since a parcel containing that weapon arrived in my hideout just yesterday."

Athaerion then handed the note, as well as giving the empty brown parcel to Shade.

"This parcel contained that pistol, a heavily modified berreta, which I'm using right now, this long coat I'm wearing and that note."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2011, 11:37:45 am »

Sarah Calvera raised an eyebrow at the static. Well, that's a direction. She brushed aside her dark red hair and stood up. It had been a long time since she was injected with that weird chemical, but the effects were still there. She enjoyed the effects, they were very useful. With her military training and some augmentations, she had become a very interesting super. She had basically no moral code beyond "Try not to kill civvies.". She knew that everyone had a mother, but then again, she had long ignored that fact for many years. This didn't stop her from getting married to a moderately well-known horror writer and coming to an agreement to keep their names unchanged. Matt was a very nocturnal person, often she found him waking her up telling him about the latest plot twist he had. A price to pay, he was a nice guy anyway. Sarah could have had worse.

"Right, honey, gonna be a bank robbery. I guess I better cap some idiots!" Sarah shouted to Matt's study. "You can continue with your writing thingy!"

"Could you get me a pack of smokes for me, sweetie?" Matt called back. "I smoked all of mine at the play Jordan dragged us along to."

"Cool, I'll get me some as well, I guess." Sarah opened the window, walked onto the balcony and ran up the wall to the rooftop, where a cleverly hidden combination footlocker awaited her. She made the combination and opened it. An urban camo agile-looking BDU with a matching helmet (With a face mask) looked back at her, along with two Beretta M9s and two holsters. She put on the BDU, the helmet, the holsters and took the M9s. She checked how much was left. Both were full. Sarah slid the M9s into their holsters, and ran towards the bank. As she ran across the rooftops, she wondered if she was going to be awkwardly late or awkwardly early.

This train of thought was interrupted when she landed on an unstable roof and fell straight through. Sarah managed to land rolling, and looked around.

She gathered her thoughts.

She had just landed into an office with two other people. She was in full uniform, and was quite well-known for shooting criminals in the head. She was in a situation where she needed the utmost of her social skills, because she might have landed in a mafia office or something and these two people were going to shoot her.

"... Hooah?" She said, not really putting the necessary force required for it's military use.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:39:51 am by Fniff »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2011, 11:52:13 am »

Shade was looking over the pistol, mainly at the serial number on the side. "As interesting as this is... it's an older model. About a year or two old. We have a couple of these, but the battery packs never seem to work. I can send it down to Peter in the lab." Shade cleared his throat, "As for the people, Leo and Ethan were brothers. Leo was half-lion that had a lot of strength. He fabricated weapons and acted as a quartermaster for the storeroom. Ethan was the sharpshooter of our group, he could hit someone from well over a kilometer with a pistol with no sights. They both vanished about a month back without warning."

Shade looked at the jacket. "Unless you are thinking of joining the Circle I can't let you keep the jacket. Can't have a rogue with our insignia running around." Leaning back he said, "At one point you must have been in the Circle one of our doors to open for you, but I don't seem to recall you past two days ago."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2011, 12:01:02 pm »

"Well, that's strange. Things don't seem to add up, and since you said so, I'll hand over the coat to you."

Athaerion then turned around, seemingly confused.

"Why would the two people suddenly vanish and use my hideout as a drop off point? Anyway, I should get going, meanwhile, try to trace those two in the notes."

As he left the room, he saw Mary, who then told him she was the one who cured him of that virus. She said she received the letter he gave to the bartender. He couldn't recall much about the whole event, but he decided against asking about what happened, and the two trailed off into conversation.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:06:08 pm by New Guy »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2011, 12:31:20 pm »

The two people drew guns of their own.

"Right, you are going to explain just w--" One of them was interrupted by two bullets, each to the head. Before the other one could grieve another two shots to the head ended the other one. Sarah sighed, and climbed up the hole that she had made. Stupid buildings, they were never up the conditions they needed to be at. This did not help in the slightest when she needed to move fast. Another piece snapped off when she grabbed it, but she managed to grab onto another before she fell. Stupid buildings. She went to the top, and sat down on a stable looking part.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19