Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12766 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 2)
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2011, 07:00:02 am »

Despite the fact that the crowd had the full attention of a bunch of supers, they were still following after him. He bad been firing bolts of nothing as he ran and the crowd was thinning substantially, but the abominations were still going strong. He turned and fired on them, but their flesh was too dense do do any critical damage before he was forced to retreat once again.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2011, 07:06:06 am »

Simon kept on fighting, avoiding attack after attack while hitting the meat-golem with his improvised weapon. During all of this, he was also being attacked by the zombies, making him stop every once in a while to push them away. The arm he had broken off was slowly breaking apart, losing substance with each hit it landed.

Why don't you just die? How much more do I have to smash you to pieces?

Seeing his weapon falling apart, Simon made one last attack of desperation with it. Striking with full power, he smashed the arm into the left leg of the abomination, making the arm break into peices and breaking the leg in two halves. The golem, now unable to balance it's own weight fell over, crushing a group of zombies under itself. Simon took the chance and went directly for the creature's head avoiding several unaimed swings by the still fighting creature. He went into a frenzy, smashing the head until nothing was left of it, causing the golem to finally stop fighting.

Exhausted, Simon turned around to the crowd of zombies moving towards him, staggering in his stance.

Damnit. I can't keep this up much longer.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2011, 08:08:55 am »

The golem fell apart into a pile of uncooked meat. The man with the glowing eyes, still at the mall entrance, jumped at the remaining golem and was absorbed into it. The golem started moving toward Simon at a very fast rate. Zombies simply couldn't get out of the way fast enough and were being trampled underfoot.

Shade had found Wei and fired a shot to keep him occupied. He used the distraction to teleport several feet behind Wei. Being ready to leap back through the portal he yelled, "Aim at the golem and stop wasting bullets!" He knew Wei would likely try and shoot him so he left as quickly as he came. However he simply went down to the ground floor instead of heading back. Drawing his shotgun he headed into the crowd.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2011, 08:41:26 am »

Athaerion had successfully descended the mall building by shimmying around on the edges of the glass windows. He saw Simon standing over what resembled a huge pile of meat. The golem he destroyed was almost unrecognizable as a humanoid, and it seemed to be dead.

However, Athaerion couldn't take a break; another golem came rushing towards Simon, and himself.

He prepared his P90, loading it with ammunition, and fired the full clip at the golem.

"Simon! Stand back!"

He had another loaded magazine on his longcoat, so he quickly switched between magazines and loaded it on the P90.

The bullets that didn't hit the golem hit the zombies, igniting them and killing some of them. The golem started having localized burns, due to the weapon being enchanted with fire.

"Simon, now's the time to run!"

Athaerion tried his best to shout, he couldn't shout as he was starting to cough again. He knew he couldn't hold the golem away for long; he only had 3 magazines in his person. One was already empty by being used on the golem, one is currently loaded on the weapon, and he had one remaining full magazine of ammo. He could load those magazines again, but it would take time, and he doesn't have the time; Simon's being assaulted by the golem. He just hoped Simon would take the opportunity to run and hide.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2011, 08:49:06 am »

"Thanks, I don't think I would have been able to take another one down."

Quickly, Simon ran the away from the golem, back into the inner parts of the mall. He hid himself in a ruined but empty gift-shop. Sitting down behind a shelf he started concentrating to fix the injuries he had obtained in the battle. He also formed his claws again, to have a weapon should the zombies find him.

Better safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:53:21 am by Theoboldi »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2011, 10:38:16 am »

Clear the mind...

The horde attempting the escape the shopping center's premises had noticed Akane, and had turned towards her like so many homing missiles, though it had thinned slightly as stragglers doubled back to clean up survivors- through the throng, her ears told her more than her eyes; she shut them both, taking calm, deep breaths.

Clear the mind...

The hiss of the rain, the boom of thunder, and the moaning stampede that was only a few meters away... further away, the sounds and screams of distant fighting, and a deeper rumble that was more felt than heard. Suddenly, the sharp report of a sniper rifle nearby- she filtered all of these sounds out of her mind as she fell into the martial trance, feeling only the vibrations through the pavement and the warmth of energy flowing into her limbs.

Now!

She opened her eyes just as the leading infected human leapt at her; taking a half step forward and turning slightly into a stance, her fist flashed from her pocket and landed square in it's face with a sickening crunch- before returning just as quickly.

The process repeated as Akane controlled her chi directly, adapting her newer learning to an older technique- as in Iaijutsu, where one draws a blade, strikes, and sheathes it again before the opponent could react, her hands dipped in and out of her pockets with nearly invisible speed, striking blows faster than her conscious mind could generate, as she forged a path through the crowd, face blank and expressionless to the sounds of cracking bones and the occasional spray of blood.

It almost worked, too. As she worked her way though the horde of zombie-like infected, the path behind her closed up and blows rained in from behind, though she ignored them... until the shock of teeth sinking into her shoulder managed to work it's way through her dulled senses, breaking the trance. She stumbled, swearing, as her last blow missed it's mark and one of the last two zombies ahead grabbed her wrist. She jerked her arm back and gave it a kick to the solar plexus for it's trouble, before grabbing the one attached to her by the neck, bending over, and hurling it bodily into the other.

Nearly exhausted, and not savoring the prospect of being eaten alive- possibly more than once- she leapt out of the reaching crowd and strained her body as hard as she could, leading the remaining zombies in a mad dash back towards the central mall. When she looked up at the towering mass of flesh fighting the two other supers in front of the main entrance, her mind flatly refused to register it, and Akane dove between it's legs, somersaulting in midair and slamming feet-first into an infected, sliding it across the field of broken glass into the mall proper.

Not seeing any other infectees in the vicinity- she hoped that the ones behind her had been distracted- she stumbled forward a short distance, to the closest shop, before collapsing against the wall, panting heavily.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:44:37 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2011, 02:17:10 pm »

Some strange woman had run into the crowd, carving through it like butter. In fact, there seemed to be no resistance to her at all; she seemed to dance through the mob. Geneva could only watch as the zombies appeared to crumple with no cause as she raced past. All the other people seemed to be running into the mall.

I'd follow, but that glowing guy and those meat golem things ares still in the way.

She froze one of the arms into a long icicle and mimed throwing it. The projectile sailed away in an arc, whistling until it hit its destination: the meat golem. A sickly quaaash announced the moment it hit its target. It had hit through the golem's chest, piercing through until it was visible on the other side. The force of the blow knocked it back into the wall of the mall but didn't seem to do much real damage. As it slowly toppled, one of its arms swung around and caught itself; the other grasped at the spear in its chest. Water dripped from the ice as it melted under the stinking flesh's heat.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2011, 02:29:34 pm »

Athaerion finally used up all of his loaded magazines, but the golem was still standing, albeit twitching a bit and being immolated. The rest of the horde was kind of thinned out by the P90, although most of them are on fire now; not a good thing if you're being assaulted from all sides and cornered at the same time.

Well, great. That abomination is now burning like a bonfire, yet it's still standing. I've run out of ammo, where do I hide to reload?

He pretty much had most of his choices nullified, due to the immense amount of zombies in every direction. His hope and only way to fend off the horde was once again, a ladder leading back up to the roof. He wouldn't go there if there was another way to avoid getting to the roof; he was cornered there a short while ago, but being cornered in disadvantageous locations forced him to climb up. Halfway up the top, on the scaffolding, Athaerion started coughing again.

Figures, the experimental hypos aren't capable of curing this. I'll just have to use another one, to maintain my health. I guess..

A few seconds after that, Athaerion's weapon ceased to exist once again.

"Great, what good timing, Lady Luck..."

He just lost a weapon. In the middle of an agressive assault from zombies.

Need to find that storeroom keeper to get a cure..

Regardless of the horde somewhat shaking the scaffolding he was on, he was focused on finding Shade to get a cure; his hyposyringes were in limited supply, and they were ineffective against disease.

*cough**cough*

"It's getting worse quickly. Need to find him ASAP."

His condition was getting worse by the minute, because he was surrounded by zombies; a bunch of golems, and an ever-increasing-in-size conflagration that was ready to kill, burn, immolate, which was caused by his P90. He also shoved and stabbed a hyposyringe on his chest, to relieve himself of breathing like an active motorbike exhaust.

Then he began conjuring another weapon, while ignoring the scaffolding he was on, which was shaking.

((Edited a lot of inconsistencies; I was sleepy at the time of writing this.))
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:37:03 pm by New Guy »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2011, 02:33:34 pm »

Rick had made it far enough from the crowd to get a breather and had once again turned around, charging himself with energy.
As the stored nothingness reached its limit, he let loose a beam of nothing into the surviving golem. with its previous injuries, it could do nothing as the beam impacted its chest, causing a corona of blackness to expand and engulf most of its upper body and one of its arm. When the corona and beam died down, it was missing the right side of its chest. The rest of its upper body collapsed sideways with a crunch, not having the support it needed to stay upright.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2011, 03:51:00 pm »

Shade walked into the streets from the entrance of the hotel. He was immediately noticed by a zombie dressed in a polo shirt, but he was ready with the shotgun. A burst of wind from the shotgun blasted the zombie down the stairs and to the ground, and with one hit it was out cold. He started moving towards the mall jumping from shadow to shadow to keep from being near any of them. There had to be a way to make this easier. He hopped up to the nearest rooftop. "I'm up here. Come and get me!" He fired a shotgun round into the crowd staggering a nearby group. The zombies started taking notice and soon a crowd was gathering. A pack of twelve zombies now stood alone with a seemingly normal person at the center, and the golem was now unencumbered by the zombies that originally surrounded it. It was now painfully obvious who wasn't affected by the outbreak, as others became more and more isolated from the pack.

I wish I brought some gas grenades, but it might be a bad idea to try another jump like that without a better reason. He started to jump up and down to keep their attention.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2011, 06:39:53 pm »

The service door flew outward from the force of the kick, slamming through a small crowd of zombies and sending them flying. Wei stepped out of the shadows and onto the customer floor of the 3rd floor of the mall. Walking calmly over to the railing and looking downstairs, he saw two supers fighting a large meat golem, when suddenly a third slid through it's legs and stopped to rest against a storefront. Wei was suprised to find that he actually recognised this one, he had fought against her before the rise of the busters once before. He even remembered beating her in a most creative fashion, and just like her, she hadn't changed a bit, except for the hair of course.

"Well, I was wondering when we might meet again Akane... Good to see she is still fighting fit, but then again, when wasn't she like that?" He mused to himself, leaning casually on the railing. Seeing that this golem was moving faster and easier than the others, he decided to see what was different in this one.

Unslinging the rifle, he reloaded the sniper rifle and scoped in on the golem, which was now burning and gaining the upper hand in the fight with the two supers. A crooked smile rose on one side of his face.

"Try this for size."

A full ten shots rang out through the mall in rapid succession, the .50 caliber bullets blasting pieces of the golem off with each hit. The thing roared and reared back from the sudden impacts as Wei reloaded again quickly, killing another five zombies on his level with snap kicks to the head. As he sighted back on the golem, it saw him and roared in his direction.

"Yeah yeah, so scary. Get over yourself."

A bullet went into the things throat, blasting a crater into the creature's upper body. Another nine shots and the thing's right arm was barely holding on by a thread. Smiling at the results, Wei started to reload but suddenly realised that he was out of bullets.

Huh. I thought I packed more... Oh well, I was getting bored of shooting things anyway.

Slinging the rifle back over his shoulder, he opens his duffel bag of equipment instead, searching through it's contents. Looking for a particular item.

Now where did I leave it...

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2011, 08:01:29 pm »

A few infected waited under Ben and Zozoro, perhaps hoping the two would fall and become easy targets. Ben looked down to see them looking back up, with some sadness in their eyes. Ben felt that he somehow knew how they felt. He only hoped their deaths would come soon so their eyes wouldn't look sad any more. Ben turned his eyes up. A loud whopping sound made the presence of two helicopters above him known. One of the helicopters came down, and started shooting into the crowd with a machine-gun attachment. The other helicopter paused, and through the window its pilot could be seen staring at Zozoro and Ben. He was talking into a radio, presumably about the supers sitting on a bubble thing. "Fuck. Get ready to move, Ben." The pilot put the radio down, and put on a determined look as he grabbed something. "Now!" The two managed to dodge the bullets, in large part due to the pilot's bad aim. However, Ben was still grazed, and that was enough to break his concentration. The two fell down, and landed on some extra-cushiony corpses. Except some corpses started moving. Zozoro managed to keep them off of himself with his trusty umbrella, save one that managed to bite his ankle when he fell. His medium, however, was a little more helpless, and was quickly covered in the infected. "Fuck fuck fuck. Don't die yet, dammit. I can't stay in this body if you die. Kinshireb, do something!" The human pile covering Ben went flying into the air as a hulking abomination of muscle rose up. Using his new strength, transformed Ben leaped into the air and destroyed one of the helicopters, never flinching as bullets pounded through his chest. The bullet holes regenerated slowly, but fast enough that one could see them filling in. This was Kinshireb's power, a transformation that did not require hand waving. Something bothered Zozoro, though. His mindless rage was to be expected, but he was regenerating too fast, and had never spouted red mist from his mouth. Zozoro then noticed that he too started spouting red mist, and the infected around him stopped their assault. Yet he was not affected like the rest, perhaps because his body was not his own. A new crowd of infected flowed into the mall, with giant Ben. Zororo sighed, partly in relief that he still had a body and partly in annoyance that any of this was happening. He followed Ben in to see where the mist was taking him. He only hoped that the affect of the red mist on Ben would wear off soon.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:17:33 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2011, 08:06:28 pm »

A sudden barrage of miniature explosions shredded the golem in front of Geneva. She seized the chance to slice at the golem's now-limp right arm, cutting through the few strands that still held it on. The golem barely glanced at its new stump, instead bellowing and charging forward at its assailant.  Geneva was fast, but not fast enough. A swing of the meat golem's intact arm slammed straight through the protective field of water. She was sent hurtling through the air towards the mall's entrance. She left a bloody trail behind her as the glass-coated pavement cut into her. The golem appeared satisfied with its assault, turning to face its other opponent while its tiny allies finished the job.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2011, 08:25:18 pm »

The sound of the helicopters was not lost on Rick, and neither was the sound of their machine guns. He bolted towards the entrance of the mall, teleporting part way through the crowd of zombies. when he reached the entrance, he took a moment to fight some of the zombies back, drawing one of his regeneration shots and injecting it into the girl who had been launched by the abomination. He began to drag her away from the line of fire of the machine guns as one of the helicopters crashed into the crowd, its flailing rotors eviscerating the front of the abomination as an explosion of jagged material and fire tore through the crowd of zombies. He noticed that he could no longer see whoever was controlling them.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2011, 08:57:19 pm »

The scaffolding was now shaking violently, and it was about to fall down.

Focus, Atherion, Focus!

He was now trembling from all that shaking the zombies were causing on the scaffolding, but the scaffolding finally fell down, breaking his focus, and forcing him to make a leap of faith onto the roof. Because of that, he was hurt so bad; he fell face first.

But something new to the vicinity greeted him; he could see gunfire everywhere, and burning helicopters.

"Wow, it all went to hell almost immediately.. I need to formulate a plan, and my weapon, again."

He was now on a flat, solid surface, so he took the opportunity to regenerate his weapon. However, it wasn't all fine and dandy for him; the fast meat golem was still there, and it began it's aggresive ascent to the roof, by grabbing onto the ledges of the building and using it like how a man would use a ladder's steps.

"Give me a break!"

Athaerion was now in hot water. He had no weapon, no escape, and no loaded magazines. The golem's upper half was now visible on the rooftops, and it was grabbing on to things faster, seemingly speeding up.

"I really could use a help right now..."

Athaerion kept conjuring a weapon, but he didn't move an inch. If he moved, all progress of his weapon conjuration would be lost, and he would have to start again, and with the golem right behind him, it would be impossible to resume if he got interrupted a second time.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19