Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12764 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 2)
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2011, 10:22:14 pm »

"Heh...Hehh..."

Akane flexed her fingers painfully as she sat on the floor of the ruined plaza, catching her breath.

"Guess I got a bit careless the--"

The next few moments passed quickly- a burst of deafening sniper fire from just a handful of meters away and above slammed into the roaring abomination just outside, tearing chunks out of it, before it swatted some floating woman inside (who was followed on foot by some other man) with it's remaining arm, the telltale buzz of chaingun fire sounded from somewhere above, and then the giant flesh monster got creamed by a flaming helicopter.

"Hahh..."

...Not my problem. I've got to move quickly, though, before they set the whole place ablaze.

Perhaps the man on the balcony above could be of use though; she hadn't seen his face for the muzzle flash of his rifle, but he was competent and heavily armed- probably one of the few survivors of the attack.

Hauling herself to her feet and forcing down her fatigue, Akane set off sprinting up the nearby escalator, before hopping off the balcony's railing, turning in midair, and grabbing the edge of the floor above.

She hauled herself up behind the man- he seemed to be busy digging around in his bag, searching for something, rifle slung over his back.

"You. What happened here?" She said, brushing some of the now-drying blood off her jacket.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2011, 10:53:08 pm »

Oh, how convenient. She's come to me.

"Perhaps you should use manners next time? I will overlook it this time though, considering the circumstances." Wei replied without looking at her, still looking in his bag.

Oh there it is. I put it under the biotoxin suit.

He pulled out a long object, sealed in a watertight tube. Popping off the top, he slid the object inside out into his hand, smiling at the memories.

It was Akane's sword, complete with a new sheath.

"Just so you know, I had nothing to do with this. A new group that is trying to make a statement is responsible. I came to see if I can catch one for info. I can be very persuasive. Oh, this is yours by the way."

He tossed the sword backwards to Akane, zipping up the bag and shouldering it once again and standing back up. Straightening his tie, he turns around to face the immortal, a small smile on his face.

"Hello Akane. We meet again. Do you remember my name this time?"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2011, 11:27:28 pm »

As Ben began breathing in the red mist the infected that attacked him started to flock to him, but in a calm manner. It was almost as if Ben was more than just one of them. He was their leader. Each step Ben took the infected followed, trying to figure out where he was headed. The man with a group of zombies encircling him looked rather worried at this point. He quickly raised his hand to his ear and started talking. "We have a problem. They're not following me anymore, and this other guy looks big. Mission failure, abort operation... Just get me the hell out of here!"

Shade was on a rooftop with zombies all around the building trying to get up. It didn't take long for them to start using each other as a ladder, and Shade was firing shell upon shell into the crowd to try and knockdown the group climbing over the others. After Ben was infected the crowd was still interested in Shade, but no where near as interested. After a moment of being unsuccessful they all started walking to Ben in the same way as the others. It wasn't long before the group surrounded Ben staring at him for direction.

((This could end badly, but it could be fun.))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2011, 12:43:59 am »

As Athaerion kept conjuring a weapon for him to use, it was too late. The golem had closed the distance between him and itself. Not a second sooner, a gigantic fist flew out, heading straight into Athaerion's chest. He flew quite a long distance, landing near where Shade is, who was still thwarting off the zombies.

He thought he'd die from the shock. But he surprisingly felt nothing. That would mean that the mist's mutagenic properties had conferred into his body's immune system. It didn't mean that he was immune to it, as he still felt a bit bloodthirsty than usual, although said urges were made slightly dormant by the hyposyringes.

He tried standing up on his feet, since he wanted to destroy the burning meat golem more than ever, for punching him. However, his movements were slow; his bones were shattered. He had a hard time breathing. In fact, perhaps the only thing keeping him alive was the syringes he pilfered from the storeroom. Unfortunately, he only had one remaining in his longcoat, and he would need to use it strategically, more than ever to survive.

Instead of trying to fight the golem, he shambled towards Shade, who he was going to ask for help. He tried speaking to him...

..but only pained grunts and incoherent mumbling came out, shocking himself.

That's when he noticed that the zombies were ignoring him. He might have become one of them, now.

After fumbling around and forcing a lot of pained grunts and moans, he finally was able to say two words:

"He..l.p.. m..eee... "

Finally, he began to dash towards Shade, with hostile intent.

The syringes were keeping his mind straight, but now, he isn't the one in charge of his body.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2011, 04:34:44 am »

Erm, Hello, I'm going to join this, I was in the old Lets All Have Superpowers, If you did not know.
Name: Vetrous
Bio: Unknown, He just came out of nowhere.
Power: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Manipulation
[EDIT] Shit, I did not mean to post that link, it was the wrong one, fixed now

Vetrous Stood above a wrecked building, Watching everyone die. But, When he noticed a person jumping out of a window, Falling down, Grabbing a ledge, And climbing back up, He was intrested in who this person was.

"Time to get this party started."

He put his hands outward, Sucking up some of the airbourne water.
Putting his hands  infront of him, he started to create a shield of water, Like a bullets airflow.
Jumping off the ledge, He landed on a dumpster, The water taking most of the impact.
*CLIFFHANGER*
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:38:14 am by aaron32 »
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2011, 06:36:07 am »

Simon had listened what happened outside while waiting for his wounds to heal. He had heard the screams and explosions, and when he stepped outside, things were even worse then before. Lots of people had already died, and Helicopter-Wrecks were lying around. Trying to get a better view of the situation, Simon climbed upwards, killing any zombies he came across. He reached the third floor, ans used his high point to look over the situation.

The situation was worse then expected. Most of the people had been turned into zombies by now, the busters had appeared and Atherion was nowhere to be seen.

This is bad, how am I supposed to stop these many? Wait a second, is that..?

On a distanced balcony, Simon saw Wei.

Of course. This just fits together too perfectly. First, he turns up to save those twins, and now he appears with the zombies. He has to be behind this somehow!

It was only a short walk over to Wei's position. Simon started running, trying to stay hidden.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2011, 08:26:15 am »

Rick opened a wormhole To the balcony above and threw the recovering hydromancer up, then popped his head through.
"Oh hi Wei, not meaning to interrupt. Oh, and we need to have a talk about what you learned with the interrogation after this."
Rick retreated back through the wormhole as it closed, turning back to the doors of the mall.

He immediately noticed the man controlling the zombies signaling for either help or evacuation.
Oh, I don't think so...
Rick advanced towards the man, firing scythes of nothing to thin the crowd of zombies, grinning as they fell like wheat.
"Hey there! Do you mind if we have a nice chat?!"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2011, 10:20:17 am »

Shade was still on the roof picking off zombies trying to get up to him. Athaerion started to make a dash to him. Shade lowered the barrel as he realized who it was. He abandoned the gun and prepared to the impact of someone tackling him. He caught him in a grapple and started edging him towards the edge of the roof. Other zombies were climbing up unhindered and soon there was a small crowd dashing towards Shade and Athaerion. Shade jumped off the roof and fell into the shadows of the alleyway. They entered the storeroom with immense speed and slammed into the bottom of an AR-15 display. Shade decided he could take a beating here and made a run for the intercom box. He pressed the button. "Doctor, emergency in the weapon storeroom. Hur-" The wind escaped Shade as Athaerion tackled Shade knocking him prone.

((I'll continue this once I'm done my classes for the day.))

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2011, 10:58:19 am »

Akane's expression changed from surprise, to grim determination, and back as Wei spoke up and returned her nodachi.

I guess I don't have to ask.

"It would seem this is our first meeting by chance, Crimson Devil Wei Lung."

Her face was an expressionless mask when he turned to face her, as she drew the blade halfway, inspecting it meticulously.

"I do not trust you, but I thank you for the return of my blade, and the care you have given it."

She snapped the sword back into it's sheathe, and tapped the ash off her cigarette with her free hand.

"Neither do I hold against you any particular ill-will, assassin, and for once, our goals coincide.

The arrival of the Buster units hampers our chances of capturing any of the perpetrators alive, but I would like to search the site of the initial outbreak for clues before they tear it up. Do you know where it is?"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2011, 11:39:44 am »

Athaerion, now turned feral by the virus, lunged at Shade and clawed at him. It was amazing, being able to fight against Shade despite most of his bones being shattered and having internal lacerations from the shards of shattered bone.

In his mind, he was rapidly going back to basic hostile instincts, but he tried fighting the change. He was distracted and half-insane, releasing Shade from his grasp, and started to claw his eyes out. He was dying, in both mind and body. Tears began to fall from his eyes; the viral change had a horrific toll on his mind. Whoever synthesized the virus was a total monster, as it made people immune to pain, but suffer incredible amounts of maddening psychological horror.

He began to bash his head on the floor, as an attempt to free himself of the psychological pain he was suffering. He kept repeating the words; "END" and "HELP", in an insane manner. He was desperately clinging onto his sanity, but his primal urges were now too strong to hold back.

It is even unknown if he was sane anymore, or at least, partially sane, as he could only repeat those words and he kept inflicting self-injury.

Athaerion's head was bleeding hard, from all his headbanging on the floor. But all of that internal, mental distraction ended, and his now bloodshot eyes shifted their focus on to Shade, once again.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2011, 12:26:32 pm »

Simon had closed the distance to Wei. He watched him from behind the corner as he was talking to some woman Simon did not know.

Okay, I need to do this carefully. That guy kicked my ass last time.

Slowly, Simon changed his form, streamlining his body and making it more aerodynamic. He put as much strength into the muscles of his legs as possible, then made a sprint towards Wei. He stopped just before Wei, holding his claws against Wei's back.

"Hello, Wei. I think we already met once. Now don't you move, or these claws will go right through your guts. I know you have something to do with these zombies, don't you try to hide it. Tell me why you did it, otherwise you'll be of no use to me."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2011, 03:26:02 pm »

Rick continued making his way towards the man, slicing a hole through the ranks of feral creatures. All was not well through, as the backlash was starting to get to him,he began coughing up blood into his rebreather and he could feel warm liquid under his gloves. When he got close enough, he fired his shock pistol on the man, causing him to fall to the ground and convulse. he created a wormhole back into the mall just as the remaining helicopter noticed him.

He fell through the wormhole as it closed landed on top of the stunned man, he undid his goggles, revealing that some blood was now seeping out of his eyes as well. He was back on the balcony, a few meters from the tense meeting of the three supers (Four counting the still unconscious girl).
"Okay, so good news: I have the guy who's controlling them. Bad news: The busters are pissed, there's still some other kind of golem out there and chances are the zombies will be heading here if they find out where this guy went."
He then began wiping the blood off his face and tying the limbs of the one controlling the zombies up, but stopped for a second and looked up.
"And now isn't really the time to be trying to kill each other, you can do that after we find out what the hell is going on."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2011, 03:36:54 pm »

When William arrived, he was quite scared. There was a zombie apocalypse going on near the mall. While he noticed a lot of supers trying to help (as usual in this city), it was hard to tell he was winning. As he was looking at the chaos, he wondered for a few minutes if he could give orders to the zombies. There was only one way to know.

He carefully walked towards a lone zombie who was trying to join the others. He was perfect for the test. William gave him some simple orders from a few meters away.

"Stop walking. Look at me. Do not try to harm me."

The zombie stopped walking. Looked at William. Hesitated, and ran towards him. The Super quickly drew his Model 500, and smiled as a good part of the zombie's head exploded. His test was now finished. While the zombie seemed to understand William's orders and nearly obeyed, he was apparently too savage to follow the orders of the Leader. This was bad news. William did not know what to do. His Model 500 was an excellent handgun, but the high recoil did not make it very useful when fighting large numbers.

Zombies were walking in his direction. Maybe they heard the shot. Maybe the horde was only walking in that general direction. Since the streets were not safe at all and he could not stay there, the super kicked down the door of the nearest building and tried to go to the roof. From there, he would be able to do some damage.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2011, 07:22:34 pm »

Fists beat into the back of Shade's head. Each impact blacked out his sight for a moment, and it was almost as if time was jumping. Gases seeped out of Athaerion as he punched Shade. He started coughing and realized that he had to get away while he still could. Shade tried to knock Athaerion off his back by rolling. After a few tries he rolled off to the side and stood up. The door slid open, and the air around them went sterile. A voice piped up.

"What the hell? There's an outbreak of something downtown, and you didn't bring me!?"

"Mary, it's-" A fist connected with Shade's jaw. He suddenly felt better. Other than the sore jaw the gases that scratched at his throat were gone.

"Shut up. You probably even got infected yourself and came crawling back... Oh, we have a guest." She walked over to Athaerion, who looked ready to charge.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2011, 07:33:01 pm »

Ulysses, possession

The years passed by for Ulysses as they always had; fast. Over those years, he had done a number of things. He preoccupied himself by haunting houses and appearing in many paranormal investigation shows. After that, he simply wanted to rest. He was tired of existence over the hundred years he had un-lived. He decided to at least try to get in some rest, and it somehow worked. He slumbered for all these years, and now awoke. He had dreamed, which was unusual. Those dreams taught him about how the living mind works, and about his powers. With 20 years of instruction from those death-dreams, and felt ready to awaken. He emerged from the abandoned subway in which he had slept, only to find the city in disarray. The mall across the street had some people who appeared to be rotting shambling about. It also seemed to be full of super activity. Eh, might as well pop in for a visit...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19