Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12760 times)

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 2)
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2011, 07:49:04 am »

"Wei, there is something you should know. I don't care nearly as much about that arm as you think."

With that, Simon detached his arm from his body. While Wei had held him in place, he had losened it's connection to the rest of his body. He gave Wei a quick kick in the chest, more trying to push him away than to hurt him. After that, he turned tail and ran away as fast as he could.

"Sorry, but I'm out of here. Thanks for the info anyway."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2011, 08:59:17 am »

William was in a building. A little shop selling toys. A dozen dead zombies were in front of the door. He had killed them one by one from the only window. Now, he was ready to get out - to leave this part of the town as quickly as possible. The streets were not safe, and he tried to get from building to building as quickly as possible without getting any attention - is that a man in a power suit jumping out of an helicopter? He was only a few meters away from the crashed pod, and he could clearly hear that this man was going to kill someone. And while he didn't know who was his target, he hated the Busters. The next thing to do was quite obvious.

"Stop walking. Look at me. Do not try to harm me."

That was loud and clear, and the man in a suit slowly looked towards William. The Super was now in the middle of the street, twenty meters away from the man, his handgun pointed at the Buster in the power suit, looking unfriendly. He was speaking loudly, to make sure his orders were clear.

"Answer to my questions. Do not lie. Who are you? What is your mission? Who is your target?"

((William can give orders to people inside a power negating zone, but once he is inside it's no longer working.))

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2011, 09:19:20 am »

((Sorry. Power negation means anything near him is nulled. Blood blades lose their shape, Ben would lose his spirits for a moment, and so on. This is meant to be something people can't deal with. I don't intend you to truly fight him like this, maybe without the suit later, but not now.))

The man ignored the suggestions, heard them, and decided to answer anyways. "I am Macentis Dubeo of the Pariahs, and I'm here for Wei Lung and Wei Lung only. If any of you try to stop me you'll become a target too, and you wouldn't want that. If that's all you got you better run."

((The event conclusion will be posted once this is done with. Whether Wei runs, hides, or confronts I just wanted to show a stronger side to the Busters, who people were tossing as fodder.))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2011, 09:37:27 am »

Ah. He made a threat. That meant he was not following William's orders. Alright, bluff time. William lowered his gun and smiled.

"Thank god there's finally someone around here who knows what he's doing. The man you're looking for is near the mall."

While William had no idea who was Wei Lung and where he was, every single super in the area was near the mall. He walked away from the man in a suit, returned inside a building (staying in the streets sounded like a bad idea), and he opened his cellphone. He called a friend.

"I need a ride. I'll wait for you in the main street."

This 'Wei Lung' could deal with his problems alone.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2011, 11:00:33 am »

Justicar decided to watch this encounter from the sidelines. Too much chance for entanglement this time around, He was perfectly content swooping down and rescuing civilians who had not turned before going back into hiding again and repeating the process over and over again
Raggle Fraggle

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2011, 11:25:39 am »

Rick paused his interrogation when he noticed a pariah fall from a helicopter.
"Oooh, that's not good. Let's continue this after we regroup with the others, shall we?"
He proceeded to carry the bound man like a suitcase, using his powers to nullify gravity around him somewhat. Even that amount of power hurt after the overexertion with the zombies.

When Rick got back to the roof, he saw that everyone was still there and Simon was fleeing.
"So, what's the plan? I would try to get us a wormhole out of here, but I doubt could make one stable enough for all of us at the moment."
He pulled out his magnum equipped with armor penetration rounds and twirled it on his finger.
"Might be able to get him with this if I get a decent shot on the visor."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2011, 11:26:10 am »

One of her eyelids was lifted unceremoniously, and she found herself looking into the eyes of the woman she had seen in the crowd earlier.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Well, that didn't work as I expected. "Thanks for your concern. Sounds like things have been getting a little out of hand, eh?" Geneva blinked a few times while considering the exchange between the two.

I'm mostly patched up now, might as well make myself useful. Not going to be getting those batteries for a while.

She began to pull water from the floor, drawing it up to form a film of liquid over the parts of her body hidden by clothing. This would probably work well as a reserve, hopefully surprising anyone who thought they had caught her unarmed. After she finished, she pulled herself to her feet, using the wall of the balcony as support. Straitening her bluish hair, she glanced at the other two people on the balcony. They appeared to be fighting, but the one who was here first seemed to be just toying with the newcomer.

"Akane, was it?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2011, 12:44:42 pm »

((I'm just gonna play it like we have always been on the roof. Save us all some trouble.))

Wei smiled and waved goodbye to the fleeing super.

"See you around kid. Don't try to kill me again, or else."

Hefting the severed arm, he pulled every blood cell he could out of it, the limb shrinking and wrinkling rapidly until nothing was left but the bones and the barest of tissues. He could use the blood after all, untained blood was in low supply right now. Turning back to Akane, the super she was helping and Rick as he appeared out of nowhere again, he continued casually.

"Hey there Rick, I see you got the man we've all been looking for. Great. Now you lot stay here, I'm getting us some transport."

Walking over to the edge of the building, he stops and turns back for a moment, dropping the shriveled arm.

"Oh, and Akane is probably a lot better with that thing than you ever will be Rick. If you want to fight, it would probably be best to give it to her. Now, keep this rooftop clear until I return. I will need the space."

Turning back again, he backs up about ten steps and waits. Waits for the last Buster helicopter that was still buzzing around to pass by.

I'm going to have to push myself hard for this one. I haven't the amount of blood around to assist me.

Wei focused momentarily, then began to almost double in size, pushing almost all the blood in his body into his muscles, the blood vessels in his skin almost pushing themselves out. A quick hop and he was off, moving in a blur to the roof edge and leaping as hard as he could off the rooftop, just as the helicopter swung by. A loud thunk was heard from the roof as he hit the windscreen of the heli, grinning like a loon.

"Hey boys! Guess what? I'm jacking your ride!!"

Punching through the windscreen easily, he snaps the neck of one of the pilots and rips out enough glass for him to fit through, the other pilot still screaming. Ignoring him for the time being, Wei instead kicks the cargo access door off it's hinges, which splatters a crewman that was coming to check out the noise. He steps through the doorway, the free amount of blood he got from Simon's arm flashing through above him in a flash and neatly decapitating the other three people in the machine.

Annnnd done. Well done, you have just performed one of the first in flight helicopter highjackings in history. You should be proud.

Stepping back into the cockpit while letting the blood in his muscles ease back into his body, he makes a large hole in the other pilot's head with Simon's blood formed as a spike, as he takes hold of the controls after tossing the dead body out the window. He was thankful that he had taken the time to take flight lessons, all those years ago.

"Time to see if I still got it."

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2011, 01:07:45 pm »

Walking into an empty store, Simon glanced behind himself. No one had followed him, so he just sat down.His arm was already regrowing, and his body took a normal form again. Now, it was only a matter of time until the Busters would arrive and 'save' him from the zombies. He took the opportunity to think a bit.

If Wei isn't behind this, who is? I have no clues but him. I need to find out who could create such a gas.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2011, 01:13:59 pm »

"Well, that's one problem solved by doing nothing. Good to meet you, Rick. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a person in a power-suit to kill. Now, I swear this mall wasn't here when I took my cat-nap...Care to give me some directions?"

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2011, 01:26:54 pm »

(Time to dangerously annoy Wei. But you can't blame me - Ben HATES helicopters... apparently. Don't ask me why.)
After gathering enough strength, Ben leaped again high into the air, aiming straight for the helicopter. Wei managed to see it coming and avoid the airborne giant, who landed on top of the roof. Zozoro, who had lost track of his ravaging medium, couldn't help but notice a helicopter being attacked by a nearly-flying hulk monster. Fearing that the supers would kill Ben, Zozoro started toward the roof... the long way.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2011, 01:40:49 pm »

Rick was about to reply to Ulysses, but noticed that Wei was now under attack by the abomination from before. The helicopter was close enough that he was able to start launching bolts of nothing and fire his magnum at the beast, landing a few good shots on its arms and legs. The assault did enough damage to render one of its arms near inoperable and the other injured.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2011, 01:58:18 pm »

(Dang it, I really don't want to be controlling me. Also, don't forget that I have regeneration in this form, and the red mist upgraded that ability to boss level.)
Ben's wounds started regenerating at an accelerating rate. He turned toward Rick, and charged at him, one arm still inoperable while the other collided with Rick's chest, sending him flying backwards a bit and causing his to spit up some blood.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2011, 09:08:25 pm »

Wei steadied the helicopter, gritting his teeth in frustration. That large, muscled beast had come out of nowhere, and being in such an unwieldy machine was not good. The benefit of this aircraft however, were the very large and powerful guns on board.

"Eat lead, you overgrown freak."

Jamming his finger down on the trigger, the twin vulcan gatling guns under the helicopter started turning with an low whir. Then as they got up to speed in a second, the hail of lead started with a loud buzz. A non stop rain of bullets filled the air and slammed into Ben, driving him down and forcing him to cover his head with his overly large arms. This continued for half a minute, bullets blasting pieces off Ben so fast that even his regeneration had trouble keeping up. Wei rotated the helicopter around the beast, keeping the rain of fire on it until he was over the roof, then he stopped firing with the guns.

The beast looked up at Wei and bellowed, and Wei just replied by silently flipping the bird at him before thumbing the triggers for the air to ground missiles. Two blasted out of the launchers under the small wings on either side of the helicopter and blasted into the roof just by Ben, sending him flying off the roof and across the street as well as blasting a good section out of the roof of the mall.

"And stay out! Go talk with the do-gooders or something."

Pulling the helicopter round to a clear space on the roof, he quickly set it hovering and landed smoothly, smiling at his skill.

Still got it. Even after all these years, I still got it.

Slowing the speed of the rotors to safer levels, he waved to the supers on the roof to get in while the going was good.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2011, 09:23:04 pm »

Noticing that Wei was flying a heavly armed helicopter Justicar couldnt help but pay him a visit to gather some fresh info. He fired a line at one of the landing struts of the helicopter beside the door. Justicar took a hop off of the roof he was standing on and soon enough he was being proppelled through the air by the high powered winch of the grapple gun. He was easly able to get footing on the strut and open the door, He had done this kind of things multiple times in his career, Nonchalantly taking a seat besides Wei with one leg folded over the other

"So. Whats New Wei?" He asked as he cocked his masked face at a curious  angle towards Wei.
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19