Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)  (Read 12740 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel (Day 3)
« on: October 16, 2011, 01:01:47 pm »

This thread is a sequel to another freeform super powers game that fell apart due to a complicated world mythology. The second world event was about warring gods... yep. This is a freeform game where you have super powers that you can use for anything from salvation to destruction. Just jump in and play. jc6036 and I will post world events when an event is done to keep things rolling. Here are some basic rules.

1.   Powers are drawn from the Superpower Wiki, either through the random button or chosen by hand. Random powers from the random page button are suggested, but not necessary. Minor powers can be added by request if it’s reasonable. Link your powers page when you start.

2.   The only powers that aren’t allowed are any of the omni powers, creation, destruction, and death induction.

3.   God-modding without reason is frowned upon. Hordes of players and monsters shouldn’t die from hand waving. Try to be reasonable.

4.   Let us know if you don’t want to continue posting. Your character can be an honorary Red Shirt if you want; you just need to say so.

5.   Don’t be too serious. Freeform games are fairly flexible for character limitations, so have fun with it.

There is an OOC chat thread in case you want to discuss something.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:11:21 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 01:02:42 pm »

There is now no waiting list. Post a character and jump in.

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notable NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Factions (click to show/hide)
If the factions become popular we’ll tag what faction people have in the character list. We’ll post an event after we get a few people. So who’s in?

To post a character just mention the name, what power they have and a short backstory if you want. Here's mine:

Dave ‘Shade’ Daurmin, Shadow Teleporter

After the fall of the Order and the death of Lex, Shade went rogue. He turned to the Truth for several years and became good friends with Kine, but he always felt as if their ideals never quite lined up. When the Truth turned their ideals towards human domination Shade and some of the other members of the Truth defected to form their own group, the Circle. Under the guise of a crime ring Shade wants to protect the humans without painting a target on his back. The disguise that his group has makes him weary of the other members who may not share his ideas, but he tries not to over think it.

He used to have quite the ego, but after 20 years of war against the Busters has made him a cold and calculated individual. His ego still surfaces from time to time, but more often in subtle movements rather than grand displays. He generally allows members of the Truth into the Land’s Edge pub at night, but at any sign of trouble he tackles them into the shadows and out of the building. If someone from the Truth tries something stupid in his pub twice he personally sees to their death. Death warrants are posted in the back for anyone crazy enough to catch the ones that got away.

Backgrounds can be only one sentence if you really want.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:48:44 pm by The Fool »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 01:19:22 pm »

Rick, Nothing manipulation

During an accident at a buster testing facility, Rick gained the power to remove matter (And other things to a lesser extent) from existence and was afflicted with partial amnesia. Since then, he has spent his time Stealing from the busters and trying to enjoy himself. He has forged loose ties with The Circle and The Truth, supplying them both with dangerous modified tech from many different sources, but he always keeps the best toys for himself. He doesn't have any true goals or motivation, he just sees the world as his own personal playground.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 01:23:50 pm »

Oooh. Sounds interesting. Let me look through the wiki.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 01:29:35 pm »

I'd like to join this super hero gig you're having.

Name: Athaerion/Leon Alderic Lenoir

Power: Matter Creation (Smallscale, single weapon only, a fragment of his original reality warping powers that was totally erased by an uncertain incident.)

Bio: Athaerion has no recollection of his former self's existence, except his name, and the fact that he had reality warping powers. Perhaps due to his own incompetence, he rewrote his existence and removed his powers by accident? He isn't sure himself, but he knows that, currently, he can create any object, so as long as that object is intended to be used as a weapon, and he can only create one object at any given time, so as long as there aren't any created objects yet. The created object only lasts for five minutes before disappearing, and he can't unsummon them on a whim.

Aside from that, he seems to be adept at athletics, perhaps a side effect of his existential rewrite, but he doesn't have superhuman sensory skills.

New Bio: A former Circle member, he's the non-combatant half-brother of one Ethan Lenoir, who disappeared and was not seen again for two months. His inherent power was reality warping, but deciding that he shouldn't rule as a God, he tried to wish himself out of existence, thus the loss of power.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:10:57 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 01:54:28 pm »

Simon 'The Shifter' Truman, Biological Manipulation

Simon was created in an attempt to create artificial heroes through genetic engeneering. Through manipulation of his cells, he was given the ability to shape and change his body to his own wishes. The experiment was shut down when the first superheroes went rogue. Simon closely escaped getting killed by the busters and fought alongside other supers for his survival. Since then he has made connections with the circle and now tries to ensure peace between humans and supers to stop another war from happening.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 02:29:03 pm »

There is now an OOC thread, but you can ignore it until things get rolling. If jc doesn't PM about the first event I'll improvise one.

EDIT: With that said I'd start RPing as both Shade and Kine if jc doesn't show up. At least I know what the event was going to be.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:44:59 pm by The Fool »

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 06:23:08 pm »

Uh, I guess I'll give it a try. Might have periods of unannounced temporary or permanent absences.

Ben Cretin, Astral Trapping

Ben is a 10 year old kid who can talk to and summon spirits, but all the spirits are jerks to him. The spirits have their own agenda, and use Ben to accomplish it. They control him by keeping him in a constant state of depression and sleep deprivation, and occasionally forcing him to cause mischief and then blaming him for it. He is technically in his own sub-faction of the "demon" faction, though he doesn't want to be. He lives in an apartment with Zozoro, a spirit possessing his older brother Rick. Zozoro manipulated Ben into putting him in there, and has since made Ben's life a living hell. It hurts for Ben to use his powers. Ben's parents were in the circle and died in a faction conflict.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 06:29:56 pm »

Max "Yummy" Yeskly Matter indigestion http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Matter_Ingestion

Max could eat a lot. He ate and ate until he hit puberty. Then he ate more. And more. His mom was always buying him food. He didnt get fat cause he was in sports. Then his house was smashed by a meteor, which he picked up. It imbued him with great power. The power to eat any thing. He then discovered it because some one put rocks in his sandwich. He ate right through it.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 06:48:47 pm »

I think you mean Mediumship if you want to be possessed and summon ghosts. I'll also toss on Mirage Inducing, so your ghosts can appear real or you can summon something from your mind to intimidate or scare people. Not being able to fight in any way might prove to be a problem, so now you can.

Max "Yummy" Yeskly Matter indigestion http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Matter_Ingestion

Max could eat a lot. He ate and ate until he hit puberty. Then he ate more. And more. His mom was always buying him food. He didnt get fat cause he was in sports. Then his house was smashed by a meteor, which he picked up. It imbued him with great power. The power to eat any thing. He then discovered it because some one put rocks in his sandwich. He ate right through it.
*Facepalm* ...Alright...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:50:33 pm by The Fool »

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 06:58:19 pm »

I think you mean Mediumship if you want to be possessed and summon ghosts. I'll also toss on Mirage Inducing, so your ghosts can appear real or you can summon something from your mind to intimidate or scare people. Not being able to fight in any way might prove to be a problem, so now you can.
Uses:
    * Control over Astral energy.
    * Summon demons, ghosts, or spirits, to do the user's bidding.
    * 'Borrow' the powers of ghosts and spirits.
    * Summon souls into another living body or 'Induced Possession'

I'm not sure if I'll give Ben control over astral energy, but borrowing powers and accidentally summoning demons should work. Also, Astral Trapping does give possession inducement. And Ben isn't possessed, just emotionally manipulated.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 06:58:36 pm »

Hmmm. Tempting. Got two possible characters, so just tell me what you think works best.

Macentis Dubeo

Power - Pariah

From his earliest days, Macentis was not liked by many people. No matter what he did, people seemed to really detest him. Whether he did the athletic stuff at school, or studied hard, people hated him.

He joined the military, and dropped out three years later. He was on the streets for less than a week when one of those damned superheroes that had made the military unneccessary came to him. He was obviously one of those superstrength bastards. Macentis got ready to endure a beating from the drunken bastard. But when the first punch hit, it was nothing. The drunkard was surprised at this, and so was Macentis. But he took his chance and drew his knife, his one companion, and stabbed the bastard. Again and again and again. He left him with more than fifty five knife wounds.

He didn't know what had happened, but he knows that somehow, somehow, the superheroes now had a weakness, and he was going to exploit it. He joined the Busters, and now it's time for revenge.

Character two.

Tzwentcliszta'goeklw

Power - Pyrokinesis/Regeneration/Strength. Less than a single power alone. Power depends on binding level, going from 3 (power is weakest) to unbound (Power is strongest). Binding cannot be changed by him, and power must go at maximum strength possible (for example, if he had the capacity to destroy a building with pyrokinesis, he could not then decide to just use a smaller, safer, amount). At 3 level binding, lying, tricking, or other forms of deception are unavailable. When bound, he is in the control of another being.

Johnny was a normal guy, except for one tiny thing. He felt something...bad... Inside his head. He ignored it, though, and lived a merry life.

Except for one night, Johnny was kidnapped. Taken by an unknown group, he was brought to a dungeon. He was bound to a table and chained down. The thirteen people present were saying prayers of some kind, but not of a type he recognised. They lay chains across his body and marked runes into his flesh as well as chaining written copies to his body. He tried to escape, but was unable to. Slowly he dropped into unconsciousness, and never awoke.

Now a daemon wears his flesh, and yearns to be free to wreak chaos upon the city... Only its masters can stop it, and they control it with an iron fist....but will it be enough?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 07:04:56 pm »

Devin Roydon AKA The Justicar

Peak Human (Captain America Level)

Roydon was a combantant in Kaleno since the begining of the conflict and the pre-conflict itself, He personally fought for the city and the people, Disregarding the various factions but still playing careful attention to the politics of the city. He was origionally a cop, blessed with excellent genetics and a baptism of strange chemicals at a young age lead to him reaching the peak of human potential in his twenties. He was one of the prime members of the SED, enforcing a balance between the Super Community and the City, but as the conflict wore on the Busters found him ineffiecent and erased the SED. Roydon left the force with some of his lieutenants and He went under the alias of Justicar, Fighting both Truth and Busters in attempts to protect the Civilians as the conflict occasionally spiraled out of control.
Raggle Fraggle

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 07:14:06 pm »

Macentis Dubeo

Power - Power Negation

From his earliest days, Macentis was not liked by many people. No matter what he did, people seemed to really detest him. Whether he did the athletic stuff at school, or studied hard, people hated him.

He joined the military, and dropped out three years later. He was on the streets for less than a week when one of those damned superheroes that had made the military unneccessary came to him. He was obviously one of those superstrength bastards. Macentis got ready to endure a beating from the drunken bastard. But when the first punch hit, it was nothing. The drunkard was surprised at this, and so was Macentis. But he took his chance and drew his knife, his one companion, and stabbed the bastard. Again and again and again. He left him with more than fifty five knife wounds.

He didn't know what had happened, but he knows that somehow, somehow, the superheroes now had a weakness, and he was going to exploit it. He joined the Busters, and now it's time for revenge.

I'd suggest the first one and I changed the power name to one with a page. It's the same thing as what you described.

The second one had multiple strong powers and an unpronounceable name.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 07:16:56 pm »

Could I reserve a spot? I probably won't have my character decided upon until some time tomorrow, and I would like to join.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19