Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Premarital sex talk :O  (Read 69420 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Premarital sex talk :O
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2011, 07:15:37 pm »

... Because I have a fetish for old men?  Pull the other one, it's got bells on =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2011, 07:16:42 pm »

I'm so shallow I already dumped several people without even being aware of their existance. :/

... Because I have a fetish for old men?
'bout 3 millenia old right? :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2011, 07:16:42 pm »

Next plan: find out how to reproduce asexually.
Well, that's easy.

Step One: Harvest yo stem cells.
Step Two: Make some of yo stem cells sperm and one an egg cell.
Step Three: ???
Step Four: Stand trial for crimes against humanity.

I envy you. Why do we men have to be so shallow? I don't want to feel attracted to anyone, it's unfair towards those I'm not attracted to...

WHY ARE WE ALL SO ANTI-LOVE?!?!
If I love one person so much, how can I love the rest of the world?

Trust me, it's not a man/woman thing.  And I am attracted to people, just not really sexually.
But at least you're attracted to others for acceptable reasons.
Virex, you really need to get past this self-hatred of yours. You and Vector are almost certainly attracted to others for the same acceptable reasons.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2011, 07:18:00 pm »

I'm so shallow I already dumped several people without even being aware of their existance. :/
Darvi you ladykiller, I thought we could be together!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2011, 07:20:37 pm »

... Because I have a fetish for old men?
'bout 3 millenia old right? :P

Nah, only 45 through 60--and seriously, only in that range.  I suspect it's my desire to create a strong bond between myself and paternal figures, as I never got to know any of the older (i.e. uncles/father upward) men in my family very well.  Fix what's missing, in essence.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2011, 07:22:18 pm »

When you do get the . . .erm. . .urge, it's usually just your reproductive hormones going "DO IT!!! WE NEED TO CONTINUE THE HUMAN RACE EVEN THOUGH WE'VE GROWN OUT OF THE ERA THAT REQUIRED SHITTONS OF BIRTH TO HAVE A SURVIVING CHILD! NO REGRETS!" And then everything goes to shit.

If you're going to get all biologically deterministic about it, you might as well say that the entirety of human behavior and physiology is the result of natural selection mostly taking place nowhere even close to the modern era to begin with, though. And then everything goes to shit!

Hooray for greedy algorithms, amirite?

Also, I am going to shake my fist in Vector's general direction now. I'll probably miss, what with the distance and all that. Still, envy! I have such instincts, they just crop up too infrequently to justify changes to my lifestyle. Very annoying when they do arise.

see what I did there?

Hm. . .I can see why we haven't evolved past this point already. While our survival needs are over met, they're already met so there's really no need to evolve any further. Damn you evolution! Stop making up so horny! We don't need this shit right now!

It seems to me that we would all be a lot happier if we stopped trying to be something that we're not.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2011, 07:22:57 pm »

I envy you. Why do we men have to be so shallow? I don't want to feel attracted to anyone, it's unfair towards those I'm not attracted to...

WHY ARE WE ALL SO ANTI-LOVE?!?!
If I love one person so much, how can I love the rest of the world?

Trust me, it's not a man/woman thing.  And I am attracted to people, just not really sexually.
But at least you're attracted to others for acceptable reasons.
Virex, you really need to get past this self-hatred of yours. You and Vector are almost certainly attracted to others for the same acceptable reasons.
I don't think I hate myself (at least not to an unhealthy extent), I'm just trying to be realistic and conservative when it comes to judging my behavior and thoughts instead of assuming that I'm good at something without any evidence of it. Although on the other hand I may be too quick to assume people are right when they say subjective things about themselves...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:24:39 pm by Virex »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2011, 07:26:19 pm »

Nah, only 45 through 60--and seriously, only in that range.  I suspect it's my desire to create a strong bond between myself and paternal figures, as I never got to know any of the older (i.e. uncles/father upward) men in my family very well.  Fix what's missing, in essence.
Older man also have the advantage of being able to read a wine menu. Seriously, I'm the only one I know my age who knows a merlot from a pinot.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »

I don't think I hate myself, I'm just trying to be realistic and conservative when it comes to judging my behavior and thoughts instead of assuming that I'm good at something without any evidence of it.
This isn't an attack Virex, but the evidence that you have an self-hatred problem over being male seems all there in my eyes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2011, 07:52:20 pm »

Meh, maybe you're right (I shouldn't have brought that up), I'm often the first to claim that people don't know themselves all that well. Anyway we're veering off-topic here, we were discussing Vector's asexual sexual preferences, right?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:55:44 pm by Virex »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2011, 07:55:51 pm »

Older man also have the advantage of being able to read a wine menu. Seriously, I'm the only one I know my age who knows a merlot from a pinot.
Winetasting ftw!

Also, being sexually attracted to someone is fine. It's when you restrict someone to being valuable only sexually (or, really, in any other way) that you get problems. There's no real difference, to my mind, between objectifying somebody for her breasts or for her keen logic skills.

As for being something I'm not, that's not the aim. I'm recognizing that one thing I am (occasionally lustful) is at odds with another, more important thing I am (all those reasons I gave) and choosing accordingly. The great thing about being sapient is the ability to examine myself, and to choose what I want to be from among the myriad impulses that make up who I am. To deny my desire for particular kinds of relationships to the exclusion of others is a greater denial of who I am than to deny a few sexual impulses.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:05:47 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2011, 08:04:31 pm »

We don't NEED anything! Ultimately even survival is merely something that we want.
I'm pretty sure "need" is a conditional word (ie "You need X in order to Y" or something variant thereof).  It's normally assumed that "need" is in reference to survival ("I need to drink [subtext: in order to survive"]").  You're trying to remove it from any kind of context, and I'm not sure if it's even a meaningful concept then.

I'm attracted to so many people and in a ton of cases I'm much more shallow than a ton of men I've met.
Does being attracted to many people make you "shallow"?  I wouldn't have said so.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2011, 08:09:17 pm »

I don't think I hate myself, I'm just trying to be realistic and conservative when it comes to judging my behavior and thoughts instead of assuming that I'm good at something without any evidence of it.
This isn't an attack Virex, but the evidence that you have an self-hatred problem over being male seems all there in my eyes.

He also seems to have some kind of paranoid belief in bizarre imagined conspiricies that he believes to be controlling him, as well as an inability to appreciate Hanlon's Razor.

We kinda earned this kind of hostility you know...
"We" didn't earn anything. I am not part of a hive mind with my fellow males. There is no "We". I care about the oppression of women by other men like I care about the oppression of anyone by anyone: It's horrible and it should stop, but I'm not doing it, I'm not part of it, and I'm not responsable for it. I oppress no one, and I refuse to be treated like I do.
Maybe you're different, I don't know you so I'll have to take your word for it. But considering the current situation of the world, it's much safer to be very careful when it comes to men. It just happens so often that someone who's seemingly nice and innocent turns out to be a complete monster. I don't want to be a danger to society any more then you or the next person but I'm afraid that's beyond our control in this case.

EDIT: Subject also appears to exhibit some manner of disassociative mental state. Displays an inability to distinguish between different male humans; believes them, and himself with them, to be a single entity.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:40:17 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2011, 08:11:14 pm »

Hanlon's razor is just a more specific example of Ockham's anyway.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2011, 08:12:54 pm »

Can we get back to the topic? I don't really like being the subject of an unannounced psychoanalysis...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27