Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138579 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #225 on: October 02, 2011, 01:38:28 am »

The Counting Stones
Max White: Zrk2
NUKE9.13: Dariush, Ottofar
Powder Miner: Toaster
Toaster: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Vector: IronyOwl
Zrk2: Bdthemag, Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Max White, NUKE9.13, Simple, Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 02, 2011, 04:32:41 am »

Ottofar:  Same question to you- do you think it's still RVS?

Nah. Because Zrk is hogging most of the attention. When he hangs we'll be able to read the voters, and some unvoters better, I think. And he's had what, 11 of the 16 players voting for him.

Meanwhile Unvote Nuke,

I gotta dig a hole, but'll be back later.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 02, 2011, 04:48:09 am »

Ottofar,
Nah. Because Zrk is hogging most of the attention. When he hangs we'll be able to read the voters, and some unvoters better, I think. And he's had what, 11 of the 16 players voting for him.
Emphasis mine. You imply that you have no doubt about the fact that he's doomed, even though the votes on him have been going down lately. Care to elaborate?

Zrk2, don't ignore my questions, please.

Simple, I'm kinda on the break about Nuke right now. I'm accustomed to him being an insufferable moron, but usually he at least attempts to play. This time he simply sits there and goes 'Dariush is a dick, let's vote him' (literally), which led me to believe that he's so accustomed to everyone being accustomed to his playing habits that this time he can get away with the same, but being scum he takes it up to eleven; alternatively, he sees that all attention is diverted to Zrk2 and plans to activelurk the day away while pouring shit on me. Either behavior deserves a lynch.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 02, 2011, 06:49:05 am »

To be honest, there's no real reason not to lynch a jester (which incidentally I don't think Meph likes anyway).  Assuming he's a jester, we either lynch him now or he keeps us one person closer to lylo (scum and him can all pile on him to win).  And of course he's probably not a jester so it's even more vital to lynch him now.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2011, 10:57:32 am »

Ottofar,
Emphasis mine. You imply that you have no doubt about the fact that he's doomed, even though the votes on him have been going down lately. Care to elaborate?.

8/16 is still pretty much. Especially since nobody else has more than a single vote.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Signups CLOSED
« Reply #230 on: October 02, 2011, 11:21:53 am »

But I decided to look into PowderMiner, since the intent there is 'hide'.

Powder Miner: Who the Hell are you? What's your animal? I don't require any actual roleclaim, though, just an animal.
Rolefishing.  And going for an inexperienced player who might fall for it too.  Classy.

Powder, if you were a cop, and got a guilty result n1, would you claim right away? You wouldn't know if there was any protective roles around.
Not in a larger game like this. One guilty person exposed and killed wouldn't make much of a dent in the scumteam.

Quote from: Zrk2
Powder Miner: Who the Hell are you? What's your animal? I don't require any actual roleclaim, though, just an animal.
How about NO? YOu're trying to fish my role. That's scummy, scum, you scummy scum scum Zrk2 scum!
(That was really fun to say)

So uh, Powder. This is quite parrotesque.
Also, not voting your only suspect.

Powder Miner: So you think one scum less is not worthy claiming ? Why you fos'd zrk without any follow-up question ?
Bcause I'm not scum. The primary reason for rolefihing is scum trying to find the goo and juicy power roles so they can skewer them.

This is the 'I'm not scum'. Which is a tell, quite often, when offered as an answer for such a question.

Whenever someone tries to get themselves lynched supposedly, they're mafia (taken from one of the beginner's mafia's guides). Add the rolefishing, the doctor claim, well, I don;t care if it's been mentioned, it's scummy. Unvote Jim Groovester, Zrk2

And here comes the bus.

-snip-
Powder Miner: Did you felt the need to throw your partner under the bus ? Or you want to divert everyone attention with going back to random questions ? It's  looks like you don't even care about voting him. Why is that ?
What? He's not my partner in any way shape or fashion, I did a random question so I can continue other scumhunting, and of course I don;t feel sad over voting someone who I'm not scumbuddies with because I'm not scum.
What kind of question was that?

He's not scum because I'm not scum because I'm not scum because I'm not scum.
Overreactionary. And  the 'Because I'm not scum'-defense.

...Zrk2 is probably a jester, yes.
Unvote.

Hey! I can unvote my scumbuddy!
Furthermore a parrot.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2011, 11:44:01 am »

Dariush, can you please repost those questions? I seem to have missed them. Then I will endeavour to provide some decent answers.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 02, 2011, 12:10:59 pm »

And here comes the bus.
If you think he's bussing Zrk2 then vote Zrk2.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 02, 2011, 01:50:46 pm »

You have a point there.

Unvote Powder,
Vote Zrk

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 02, 2011, 03:12:20 pm »

And here comes the bus.
If you think he's bussing Zrk2 then vote Zrk2.

Thanks.

You have a point there.

Unvote Powder,
Vote Zrk

Wouldn't want to think for yourself, now would you?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 02, 2011, 03:30:06 pm »

Max, learn 2 definition. apathetic means i don't care about him right now, wich is exactly what is happening. Sympathetic would be me helping him out, or saying i understands his reason, which i dont.   

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 02, 2011, 04:03:33 pm »

MBP, your tsundere behaviour defending of Zrk2 while insisting you're agnostic on his alignment is getting ridiculous.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 02, 2011, 04:10:03 pm »

Leafsnail. your lack of quote is disturbing.

Also,  you pulling thing out of your ass. What would you want me to do ? Go ohhh i'm sorry, clearly you all are right, i should totally vote that guy since you guy asked politely. Fuck it. Find a good reason to shit on me, go ahead. Until you do that i'll be glad to keep on reading what people have to say.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 02, 2011, 05:07:38 pm »

Now you're being passive and saying nothing in an unnecessarily angry and vituperative manner!  How cute.

Anyway, for someone who doesn't know what Zrk2's alignment is you sure have a lot to say on him.
Well, i dislike rolefishing in general, but i don't really think he would believe anybody would claim this early. Its a stupid thing to do, but i can see him do stupid thing, it equals out.
Possibilty on why : could be to appear active, substance, you know.  Show he is here and usefull.

I dont believe its contradicting. Asking for role on day 1 IS stupid, and i also have seen him do stupid thing. So i 1 can go with the other.
You are providing an explanation for his actions and saying he's stupid rather than scum.  This is defending him.

What it actually means is that if i tought it was a sufficient reason to vote him off, i would hav edone so. thus i do not believe that only that was worthy of a vote. May change my opinion soonish, since there are about 5 guys hunting for his blood, and with that kind of pressure i doubt scum would be able to ride it out. Satisfied ?
This is a vague and evasive answer where you once again intimate that you don't know what Zrk2's alignment is but you aren't going to vote him or attempt to find out his alignment.

Indeed, virtually all you've done this game is talk about how much you don't know what Zrk2's alignment is while giving us reasons why we shouldn't be voting him.  It's a very clumsy attempt at pretending you're not defending him and I don't buy it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 02, 2011, 05:18:57 pm »

Max, learn 2 definition. apathetic means i don't care about him right now, wich is exactly what is happening. Sympathetic would be me helping him out, or saying i understands his reason, which i dont.

You are indifferent towards him? Why would you not care about anybody in this game? We all have the potential to be scum, right? So you should care very much, enough to push somebody at least. What, you want us to serve you scum on a silver platter and you are not going to do anything until we do?

Maybe you don't care because you all ready know who the scum are, and they offer no threat to you because you are one.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48