Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138471 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2011, 09:16:18 pm »

The Counting Stones
Max White: Zrk2
NUKE9.13: Dariush, IronyOwl
Powder Miner: Toaster
Toaster: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Zrk2: Bdthemag, Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Max White, NUKE9.13, Ottofar, Simple, Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2011, 09:27:08 pm »

Ottofar:
You have a point there.

Unvote Powder,
Vote Zrk

Obviously you think both are scum- which one are you more sure of?

Irony:  Yes, I still think so.  I think you could claim jester in your first post and do nothing else and still get lynched D1 these days.

Also, to all you "Meph doesn't run jesters" people, what about Spore Spreaders?  Yes, they're not exactly jesters, but still.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2011, 10:03:59 pm »

I admit to spore spreader, but i also dont remember seeing one, and while they can win being killed, they dont absolutely have to( thats from memory, felel free to nitpick)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2011, 10:14:58 pm »

Also, to all you "Meph doesn't run jesters" people, what about Spore Spreaders?  Yes, they're not exactly jesters, but still.
Hmm, true. So I guess that possibility is there, and here I was thinking it was Nuke's head on the chopping block tomorrow for sure. Well what ever, I'm not giving out free passes when Zrk2 was fighting to get out of it for a while there.

Anyway, even if he is a jester, like Leaf said, better to get it out of the way now.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2011, 11:26:59 pm »

Ottofar:
You have a point there.

Unvote Powder,
Vote Zrk

Obviously you think both are scum- which one are you more sure of?

Powder. But Zrk's behaviour is more anti-town.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2011, 12:42:56 am »

Back from VCON, and Zrk2 still hasn't answered my questions.  However, he has gone from wanting to die to not wanting to die to (hopefully jokingly) wanting to die...I'm confused.  And annoyed.  And confused.

Zrk2: Did you not answer my questions due to your change of position from "I'm helping the town by rolefishing" to "OH SHIT I SCREWED UP"?

Jack, what third party do you most want to be in the game right now?
What third party would I most want to be?  Lyncher with Zrk2 as a target.

What third party do I most want to exist in the game?  Martyr.  One that tries to get NKed by the mafia could easily be beneficial to the town, to a certain extent, which is better than most other third parties.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2011, 02:45:50 am »

Is there anything else today? Or are we good to shorten?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2011, 02:46:29 am »

Is there anything else today? Or are we good to shorten?

No.  I've still got stuff to do here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2011, 02:49:25 am »

All righty then...
Unshorten.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2011, 07:17:06 am »

NUKE I DON'T LIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE A STRANGE WAY OF THINKING ABOUT THE GAME, IMPLYING THAT MY WAY OF THINKING MAY BE WRONG.
Yeah. Two words: Deal with it. Just because I don't conform to your expectations, doesn't make me scum.

But seriously:
-D1 lynches are more random then all other lynches, because we have almost no information aside from scumtells, which don't really work that well D1. D2 and on, there is night actions, voting habits, and more consistent scumtells to go on.
-A doctor, claimed on D1, is not an important role. They are either going to die N1, or provide a source of irritating WIFOM for the rest of the game.
-/facepalm. We can still discuss D1. We can still hunt people D1. Nothing stops people from doing that. Why would it.
-Oh, come on. Do you really disagree that most D1 lynches are mislynches?
-Yes. I have conceded that I am correct. Wait, no, I totally haven't done that. I have conceded that actually lynching someone at random isn't actually the best idea, which makes your entire attack sort of pointless.
-You can't read proper, can you? I specifically said that I would scumhunt as usual. Your word-twisting is not very subtle, you know that? At least try to make what you are suggesting I'm saying not be the exact opposite of what I actually said.

Darvi: Had a good naptiems/weekend? Maybe the playing of the game now, yes?

Powder Miner: Is either noob or noobscum. I got my eye on you, sonny. I do believe that some folks have asked you questions, which you have yet to answer. Maybe get on that?

Bdthemag: You don't have enough of an Org reputation to get away with this sort of lurkbusy. I'm not asking for a two-page WOT, but maybe tell us who you think is suspicious, yes?

Everyone else: Good job, good job. This is a very successful D1, maybe a bit too focussed on Zrk2 and his shenanigans, but that's nobody's fault but his.
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2011, 08:03:34 am »

MBP
I admit to spore spreader, but i also dont remember seeing one, and while they can win being killed, they dont absolutely have to( thats from memory, felel free to nitpick)

Spoiler: Spore Spreader (click to show/hide)

Ottofar:  So you're voting for someone you suspect less?  Scummy.  I don't think you really care where your vote is.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2011, 08:41:18 am »

Toasty : Indeed, i said i admited i had forgotten them, but they don't totally have to play as a jester. They can play a normal townie game, then if people investigate them, their wincom may still be fulfilled. Additionnaly, they remove the roles of townie, wich can remove usefull power roles, and hasten town defeat. And he does not want that.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2011, 09:30:32 am »

When Zrk's at 10 votes, yeah. It doesn't really matter where I put it.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2011, 10:23:24 am »

Now I'm awake...ish, and I have good internet access.  Time to get into the flow of the game.

Powder Miner: Why ask me an RVS question right after voting for someone for actual scumminess?  What did you want to get out of it?

By lynching someone regardless of their defence, you are guaranteed to get a random result. Which is not to say you can't listen to their defence at all, or respond to it. And if they claim some valuable role, you probs shouldn't lynch them.
Then what's the point? You might as well say nobody should vote, FoS, or accuse anyone D1.

Also, you're seriously telling me that claiming doctor D1 is a towntell?

/facepalm

WHY. WOULD. YOU. ROLECLAIM. DOCTOR.

argleblargleblargle
...hm. You're not. Nuke, what are you saying?

IronyOwl, you are heavily twisting NUKE's words.  I find NUKE somewhat suspicious (D1 completely random lynch idea), but you're really twisting his words here.  How exactly did you get a "claiming doctor D1 is scummy" message from a "WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUPID" post?

My top suspects:
*Zrk2.
*Powder Miner: Parroting on the Zrk2 unvote, activelurking (RVS questions in the post-RVS portion of the game, minimal contributions), and not answering questions.
*IronyOwl: Extremely heavily twisting NUKE's words in an attack.
*NUKE: I find NUKE quite hard to read, but the D1 random lynch suggestion feels somewhat off to me.  Not sure whether it's NUKE being scum or NUKE being NUKE.  Leaning towards latter.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2011, 11:18:35 am »

Ottofar,
Powder. But Zrk's behaviour is more anti-town.
Uh. So you admit to lynching over behaviour instead of over who you think is scum?

Zrk2,
Zrk2, why exactly would you need information about our animals? Don't you have any less scummy way of provoking discussion?
And FYI, asking someone to repost his question to you instead of searching for it yourself doesn't put you in a good light.

Nuke,
This is a very successful D1, maybe a bit too focussed on Zrk2 and his shenanigans, but that's nobody's fault but his.
Are you mad? Wait, don't answer that, I know that you are. OK, let me try again.

What the fuck was your sentence supposed to mean?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48