Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231960 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1395 on: November 12, 2011, 11:38:04 am »

"Say...could I buy some of that stuff? My men don't know how to brew it right."
William indicates the Liquor stockpile.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 12, 2011, 01:34:44 pm »

Tristan stared at the walls of Mileth as he thought about things. On the mainland of the Storm Coast, it seemed like loyalties were always shifting and nothing was stable. Laythe had not been Queen of Ligoria long, Blackrose had been exiled, he had destroyed Vale personally, and now it seemed a force from somewhere else had taken over a town. Well, nothing wrong with shifting loyalties; he hadn't seen the sense in staying true to any particular country in a long while anyway. Amnesia is a wonderful thing for those in charge, but when one overcomes it, well... c'est la vie, as the old men say. Not everything in his past was a lie; the past year of it was real enough, but before that...

Ah yes, before all of that. Lovely Aimee; she'd stayed by his side even when he couldn't remember why. Here and there she'd tried to give him little hints about who he really was, sometimes talking too much about history, other times bringing him something in spring for his birthday when his very name suggested she was a season late with it, a few instances when no one was around she would speak openly of how Dalannor was too stuck on blood and needed to be changed. He hadn't taken her seriously at the time, but when they were on the boat over Aimee had given him a special tea to help him remember and explained everything to him, from their time growing up on the streets, to the loyalty of the men on the boat to his cause, to the rebellion he'd almost led. Almost. During the first real battle he'd taken a blow to the head and was knocked unconscious, only to awaken later in the prisons below the castle.

Upon learning he could remember nothing from before the blow to the head, they told him he had merely drunk too much and required him to sleep it off for another day or so... clearly they had wanted time to decide what to do with him. Eventually they told him who he was, or who they wanted him to believe he was, and 'returned' him to his job as a guard in the palace. It was obvious to him now they were demoralizing his former soldiers by 'making their leader one of them,' and parading him around the castle every day where anyone could see him. Doubtless that was why he was always assigned to some highly visible spot, such as the battlements or the gate.

He at first thought that perhaps his lapse of duty - getting so drunk as to forget himself - was why he was being sent to Ligoria. He knew now the real reason for it, of course, but in a touch of delicious irony he thought he would keep the name 'Winterbourne.' It was now winter, after all, and he had been 'born' again in a fashion. He would return to the name Chéron when he was ready to take Dalannor. First, however, he needed to raise an army and get ships. Perhaps he should look for a coastal city; Ligoria was one, although he couldn't be returning there without explaining himself. Especially after sending a runner there saying he had been killed in the fighting.

"Perhaps we should offer to join up with them," Tristan said, turning to his men. Opinions were varied; some wanted nothing to do with the Dragon Empire, some saw no problem with it, and other didn't care who they were. "Fine. I suppose we'll move on. What's the closest city? Shola? Let's head there. I think if we let them know the Dragon Empire took their western neighbor we can get ourselves hired on to protect them, for awhile."

Head to Shola and offer our services to Lord Cain, with the explanation the Dragon Empire took Mileth and they might want another regiment around, just in case.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 12, 2011, 03:38:00 pm »

General Vandire was sitting at his desk, full of papers and notes, obviously lost in them as he was drawing up new diagrams and detailed instructions. He did not notice as one of the soldiers announced a guest, which was promptly let in to the room.

After a brief moment, he stopped, noticing someone standing and waiting for him to react.

"Oh, I'm sorry to keep you waiting, I am busy right now. But don't let that stop you. What is it?"

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 12, 2011, 04:53:42 pm »

"I was just sent by Lord Avitus. He asked me to report to you and to mention a conversation you had regarding firearms. Apparently I could be of use in regard to the subject matter." Ite answered.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 13, 2011, 12:24:24 am »

...ah, no, you misunderstand. Hugo doesn't want a spy- Avitus wants a spy, Hugo heard he wants a spy, and now Hugo wants to know why Avitus wants a spy, and what sort of spy he will get. Cut out the middle line; Have the Bloody Fist keep an eye on Avitus. What does a scholar need a spy for?

[5 *Reused properly] The Fist will keep an eye open and see what they can find out for you.

Hefner curses, and decides to push the towards the islands, becasue if he gets the here he can get a good shot as they manouver the islands. Pushes them toward the islands for a clear shot

[3] Your men follow the pirates into the islands and [2] are caught unaware by the shoals and reefs in the area - Stranding the ship. [6] Your men believe they'll be able to break free as soon as the tide rises a bit, but until then they'll be stuck and [2] have a prime view of the pirates as they round the islands - aiming straight back to you.

Seize treasury of Mileth. Send messenger back to Dragon Empire. Dig in and wait for events to unfold.

[3/1/2*.5] 3d in taxes and treasury collected from the Mayor's home. Much of this is savings from the previous year, very little is pre-tax from the coming year. Being a farm community, their income truly doesn't burst until spring. A further [2] ducats are taken from the market. Little trade has come through the area of late - your siege and occupation is not helping.

[2] A horse is found, healthy but not nearly as fast as the runner would like. It will likely be the end of winter, if not mid-spring, before he reaches the Border and secures reinforcements. He claims his report will detail the skill, speed and lack of losses you took the city with.

Head to Shola and offer our services to Lord Cain, with the explanation the Dragon Empire took Mileth and they might want another regiment around, just in case.

[5]By the time you arrive in Shola, they are well-aware of the situation in Mileth. Lord Cain is busy with his personnel and their comings and goings trying to assemble intel on the situation in Mileth. [4] He has agreed to see you, alone, if you so insist on a meeting. He's not overly concerned with the defense of Shola. Given the ranks of troops in full armor, you're not surprised. [5] It is obvious to you that the troops located within the city are not all local.

"Say...could I buy some of that stuff? My men don't know how to brew it right."
William indicates the Liquor stockpile.

The cook simply says, "I don't control the stockpiles - Captain does. I simply make the orders when we're low on supplies. As you can see, we're getting low. You'd have to speak with him."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:30:04 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 13, 2011, 12:44:11 am »

Herfner smiles, and orders the cannon to fire, He knows if he can devastate the ship with the first barrage it wont be moving anywere soon, he has no choice, pirates dont negocite.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 13, 2011, 12:58:32 am »

"Stay out here. I'll talk to Lord Cain," Tristan said. His troops made camp on the outskirts of town with what supplies they had looted from Vale, and he entered Shola alone to speak to Lord Cain. He was granted an audience and, once he was face to face with the man, gave a light bow of courtesy. "Lord Cain, my name is Tristan. My regiment has been traveling north for quite some time and we noticed the Mileth is now flying the flag of the Dragon Empire; we took a closer look and noted that whoever is leading their troops has quite the number of soldiers under his command. Perhaps a thousand; we did not wait around to count exactly, as we are merely fifty men and provoking an attack would have been suicide."

He folded his arms behind his back. "However, we can assist you and prevent Shola from falling to the same fate as Mileth. My men and I are trained and well-armed, and we will not cause trouble in the town should you accept my offer. We will garrison here until either you or I decide it is time for us to move on, in exchange for lodging and perhaps... half a ducat per season?"

Give Lord Cain this offer.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 13, 2011, 01:36:08 am »

Herfner smiles, and orders the cannon to fire, He knows if he can devastate the ship with the first barrage it wont be moving anywere soon, he has no choice, pirates dont negocite.

[1] The angle of the incoming ship, and time before impact, only allows for a handful of shots to be fired. [2/4/2] You manage to land a shot on the vessel as it bears down on you. This causes the enemy ship to change tactics. Instead of ramming your stern like they intended, they decide to creep slowly up to your backside.

The layout of your ships looks much like a "T" with the stern of your ship to the enemy's port side. This is actually to your advantage  given the ability to funnel their crew through a narrow bottleneck (+1 to combat rolls and tactics rolls for the battle). Fortunately, their forces don't appear to have any bows among their number. You have time to make the first moves.

Give Lord Cain this offer.

((*snickers on the rolls*))
[6] Lord Cain's overall reaction seems appreciative and your offer is [6] agreeable and the first season is paid up front. [6] Overall, your meeting goes well - and you leave .5d in the green.

"I appreciate the information on the current state of affairs in Mileth. Your numbers are likely exaggerated slightly, but no matter. I have men headed to scout the area already." He mulls over your offer for a short time before continuing, "I will accept your offer. It comes at an overly convenient time. While I doubt you are a man to run after payment, should you try and things will be very uncomfortable for you in the Storm Coast." Lord Cain doesn't seem even slightly intimidating in the words he speaks, they simply bare the feeling of truth. "You're welcome here as long as you remain useful and the locals don't find complaint."
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 13, 2011, 01:45:34 am »

"Then we are in agreement. I and my forces will remain here until it is either time for us to move on or you decide there are no threats that require the extra regiments." He took the money. "This buys our swords for the winter. I hope you renew your offer when spring is upon us." Tristan headed back to his regiment, told them of the agreement, and moved them into their designated barracks in Shola.

Until either Spring rolls around or a force attacks Shola, garrison the town.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 13, 2011, 02:12:52 am »

Recruit two Heavy I/Tactician Regiments. Upgrade the Queen's Hussars to Heavy 2. 0.74 Ducats left for this season.

Letter to Kathos Thunderblade:
Dear Baron Kathos:

Due to the distressing situation of the dragon empire invading the storm coast, I find myself in dire need of trained troops. I heard that earlier in the year you had to sell off some equipment due to one of my edicts. I would like to apologize, and seeing as you have proved yourself worthy, I hearby grant you power to ignore that edict without repercussion, on the condition that you preparem your forces for war. We will need skilled tactician and good equipment, and thus I beseech you to obtain these as soon as possible, for we not know when the dragon empire may strike at us.

If you wish to discuss this further, You know where I am.

Yours truely, Queen Laythe Ralia

*The royal seal is a bit under the signature, depicting a pair of crossed Karabela Sabres*
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 13, 2011, 10:21:31 am »

((If anyone is wondering about where I get my money: I had 2.15 ducats in autumn, but since we're now in winter I have 3.55 (+1.4), thanks to my Wine Business))

Kathos read the letter twice. He was in a good inn of Talama, and for the first time since his discussion with the gunsmith, he smiled. He wrote two letters. The first was for Adrian, his lieutenant, who was still in his lands.

Adrian:

Dragon empire's on the move. Get our soldiers ready for war, Queen's orders. Make sure they have heavy equipment, and your best officer to lead them. I will be returning to our lands soon. Until I get there, have them patrolling the limits of my lands. They must be ready to leave at any time.

KT

And after that, he wrote another to the Queen.

Dear Queen Laythe:

I will have my men ready to fight in a few days. They will have heavy equipment and my best captain to lead them, and I will have another regiment like this one in spring - there is not enough manpower left in the kingdom for me to get more men now. I can bring them to the capital or go directly to the borders.

Kathos Thunderblade

Upgrade personnal guard with Heavy Unit I. 0d remaining.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:42:38 pm by Shootandrun »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 13, 2011, 10:40:01 am »

'Tala' left the meeting with the shriners nonplussed. There was no helping them...

On the way, she heard two marketeers talking about the invasion. It had begun already?

Action: Report back to the Queen that the Shriners are not to be worried about-they probably won't last much longer without our help anyway.

Assuming the war had become common knowledge as of that day, Tala also asks how she can help the war effort against the invaders...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 13, 2011, 11:41:13 am »

Hefner shouts "Crossbows behind the main marine force! Well wear them down on our shield."Take full advantage of theyh enemies weaknesses using afore mentioned tactics
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 13, 2011, 12:25:46 pm »

"Gunpowder? Yes I am looking for people who will be able to manufacture the stuff and outfit me with hand guns and maybe even arquebuses. And I don't mean hunting equipemnt or a decorative piece. I'm talking about hundreds, possibly thousands of pieces for soldiers, and hundreds of barrels of the explosive stuff. Maybe even bombards and mortars. Do you think you would be able to help me with this? Or at least point me in the direction of a useful gunsmith?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 13, 2011, 12:51:31 pm »

"Allrighty then, I'll go and take it up with him. Have a good day you two."

Head towards the sleeping area and try not to raise alarms or suspicion, count the hammocks/beds.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 220