Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231949 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1425 on: November 14, 2011, 04:16:44 pm »

"Yes my queen. I believe that a surrender can be forced upon the enemy if he is surrounded with superior force and treated generously. A bloodless victory is worth twice the bloody murder in the field and builds a reputation of magnanimity. Under such conditions your standing would be greatly improved and states of Storm Coast would be willing to accept us as a prime power of the region It would show Ligoria to be a competent and noble power.

I do not shy away from ma force solution though. If anything a coalition of the willing has to be assembled under our leadership and enemy defeated in a pitched battle if our situation comes down to it.

In both options we rely on the support of noble contingent and potentially allied states to achieve superiority over our enemy. I believe that you may rely on your vassals to come to field, but Avitus has to make a convincing case to our neighbours for a joint campaign. I assume that I will take to the field as the commander of the overall operation, with you presiding over the alliance."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 14, 2011, 04:27:04 pm »

'Tala' nodded...

"It will be done.

Your majesty, do we know the identity of the general leading the invasion yet? My father was one of the 'old guard', as some call it. He kept friends-and information-on many Generals in other countries-I remember them often being entertained at our parties.

If the one leading this attack is an older man, it may be my estates library would have information on him we could find useful."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: November 14, 2011, 04:34:36 pm »

Throne room, Vandire's meeting:

"Alright, but it will take until spring to get everything ready. In the meanwhile, I shall have diplomats sent to the major powers of the storm coast, as well as some of the smaller ones.

And don't assume you'll be the overall commander. I do not intend to stay cooped up here while you get all the fun..."

Throne room, Tala's meeting:

"Just that they're from the dragon empire. Apart from that they're a complete enigma..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 14, 2011, 08:09:45 pm »

"If you wish to join the campaign then by all means My Queen. I must advise you to do more watching and learning than actual commanding though. You are quite young and it would be more prudent if you observed me in my role.

Also ,there is small issue of my pay... Not the best of times to discuss that, I know, but nevertheless I can't afford to retire with no money aside. I do not hold any land and don't want to anyway. I simply hope that this old soldier may have a purse for his own bit of spending. "

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 14, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »

"I had a different idea to yours, Vandire. However, you will still be in command. As for your pay, I shall do at the start of the new year, considering that's when all the tax money comes in as I cannot afford to pay you right now due to the extra troops being trained at this moment..."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 15, 2011, 02:42:16 am »

Recruit two Heavy I/Tactician Regiments. Upgrade the Queen's Hussars to Heavy 2. 0.74 Ducats left for this season.

Done, training will be finished come Spring

Pay for a tactician for Kathos' unit. Remaining funds: 0.27 Ducats

Same
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 15, 2011, 06:54:39 pm »

Throne room, Tala's meeting:

"Just that they're from the dragon empire. Apart from that they're a complete enigma..."

"I'm sure he will not hesitate to glorify his name, sooner rather than later.

Anyway, have we decided on a plan of attack, yet? Do you think we will be forced into a costly siege? I do not look gladly on how many lives we would lose assualting the well manned walls of Mileth..."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 15, 2011, 07:03:12 pm »

That shouldn't be a problem. We'll have more than enough forces to overwhelm them without casualties. Though an asault should not be necessary, if everything goes according to plan..."

Send messengers to all the major storm coast powers. (AKA the colored nations on the map that are in that region.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 15, 2011, 07:24:42 pm »

'Tala' nods to the Queen.

"A victory without bloodshed would be joyful indeed. I only hope it can come to pass."

With that, she bowed and left.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 16, 2011, 01:22:58 am »

Send messengers to all the major storm coast powers. (AKA the colored nations on the map that are in that region.)

You send runner to Moun, Galam and Vasir

[5-3] The Archbishop returns your messenger with a letter simply stating that the leadership of Moun is aware and safely believes that the Queen and the rest of the coast can handle any business that involves them. Those of the Religious Haven of Moun will never willingly spill or shed any blood in a war not of their making or involvement. The Dragon Empire has never invaded Moun in the past and has no belief that they will start.

[6] Galam is already aware of the situation b the time your mesenger arrives and has already made plans for the dispatch of troops - to those already paying for their assistance. The regiments of Galam are busy on assignment and the financial losses they would incur to pull their troops out of an area would hamper them in the near future. You have the feeling that the assistance of Galam would be possible and would easily end the conflict, however, would require a payment to offset their losses.

[X] You hear back from Shinall of Vasir rather quickly. Being one of the only nations with a naval presence, they have the ability to run from one end of the coast to another several times in a season.

Spoiler: Letter to the Queen (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 16, 2011, 02:11:39 am »

Send a messenger to Galam inquiring about the costs to hire them against the Dragon empire's incursion

Spoiler: Letter to Shinall (click to show/hide)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 16, 2011, 03:41:36 am »

Eshir returns a letter stating terms of traditional costs. There's another page attached to the letter, in a different script. You assume it's Eshir's own writing.
[32435]
Spoiler: Letter to the Queen (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 16, 2011, 04:49:16 am »

Spoiler: Letter to Lord Eshir (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 16, 2011, 06:03:31 am »

'Tala' meanwhile, has a man meet her on the road between the castle and her favorite lunch spot. The man all but runs into her, subtly exchanging a letter between him as they clash and fall asprawl. The billowing white dust of several bags of flour gives useful cover.

"Watch where you're going lout!"

One of her guards gives him a convincing shove, and he flees...

"Looks like we're going back to the palace. I liked this shirt, too..."

Actually, she hated that shirt, and was glad to see it ruined.

Sometime later, a missive arrives in Mileth in the dead of night, and winds up in the Arctic Foxes hands.

Spoiler: Missive to Arctic Fox (click to show/hide)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 16, 2011, 06:37:21 am »

With meeting largely over, Nikephoros did not want to press the issue of army leadership. He was pretty unhappy with the idea that this whelp should be involved, especially when there was a question of allied soldiers submitting themselves under Ligorian command.

But he had his own solutions for that.

Send for Avitus to meet Nikephoros in his office.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:43:47 am by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 220