Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231910 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1410 on: November 13, 2011, 01:28:19 pm »

Ite considers the General's words for a moment. He then replies:

"Gunpowder, I could make for sure. As for guns, get me a single working gun and I'll be able to recreate them. I could probably make them better, actually. Gunpowder would take quite some time to make, possibly a month or two, but I could start on guns right away."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 13, 2011, 01:43:52 pm »

Throne room:
"Yes, Tala?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 13, 2011, 02:24:41 pm »

"Fair enough. Since you know Avitus there should be no problem with getting you on the budget list and getting a manufactorum for the gunpowder and guns built. I will try to secure at least one gun for you and get men and a location so you can start. We have winter and the royal treasury isn't in the best shape for now, but I will put you on my priority list. I believe that is all. If anything, come to me directly or speak to Avitus."

With that, Nikephoros went back to his notes.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 13, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »

Seek an audience with the queen
You're admitted to the throne room, after waiting for a short while as soon as you arrived at the Palace. An armoured figure sits on the throne, and speaks once you're close enough.

"Yes, what did you want, merchant?"

Lucius bowed before the queen, then knelt for a while.

"Good day to you, Your Majesty.", he spoke.

He stood up.

"Please allow me to be frank: currently, much of your country's potential is wasted. Ligoria does not produce much. Grain, of course - but given the fact I managed to sell more of it here at a very good price, it's still not enough. Same problem with your wine. There is, of course, a lot of timber; this opportunity is currently being squandered, too. It's sold in the docks at somewhat low price, because there are many other places to buy it."

"But... There are better ways than selling timber to just anyone coming here. For example, it could be processed here into something more valuable. Or perhaps sold to Letham. You see, they are producing a lot of naval supplies and they need timber very, very much. I would be willing - if you allowed me, of course - to set up some workshops here and a trade route there. I could take the slow way and earn the money myself, but... perhaps the crown would be willing to invest in such a venture?"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:21:57 pm by Gantolandon »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 13, 2011, 03:20:20 pm »

"Ah. Only problem is with that is that I don't exactly have the money to spare right now, considering the Dragon Emipre has taken a city on the storm coast..."

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 13, 2011, 03:31:28 pm »

"Ah. Only problem is with that is that I don't exactly have the money to spare right now, considering the Dragon Emipre has taken a city on the storm coast..."

"Well. Sure, this time does not seem ripe for an investment, does it? I understand that you need all the money you can save for the soldiers. I would gladly help if I could, but I'm afraid I'm but a simple merchant with one ship. Still, if there is a way I could assist in the war effort with my trade, just let me know.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 13, 2011, 03:49:05 pm »

"I'll keep you in mid after we've finished dealing with the Empire. I bid you farewell and good luck on your ventures."

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 13, 2011, 04:02:13 pm »

Lucius bowed, bid the queen farewell politely and left the palace.

At least he knew Ligoria will need arms soon. Still, the audience was a failure. Perhaps whoever rules Lechem will be more receptive?

Wait until the ship is loaded with wood, then sail to Lechem and try to sell it there.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 13, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »

"Thank you, sir." With that dismissal, Ite bowed slightly and left the office. Now... now he wasn't sure what to do. Perhaps if he acquired a gun on his own, he could start working on designing a more easily produced version of it. Where would he find a example, though?

Ite begins searching for a gunsmith.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 14, 2011, 03:11:39 am »

Still no reply from the ship. Either they did not hold William, or they had not noticed the ships at all. Well, time for something for direct. "Captain, get the ship nearer."

"Aye."

Approach the smuggler ship with the Prescient .

((EDIT: Remembered that my first ship is still on lease.))
Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:20:30 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 14, 2011, 06:53:31 am »

Throne room:
"Yes, Tala?"

'Tala' was dead serious...

"The news I have heard on the streets is frankly troubling, your majesty. Is it true that an invader has breached the borders of Ligoria?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 14, 2011, 12:13:25 pm »

"They have not breached our borders. However they've taken Mileth, and this we cannot allow. We do not have the forces at this time to destroy them, however that'll change in about a seasons time. However, when that time comes, I will expect your troops to be at the ready.

I am curious to see your opinion on this invasion though..."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:22:31 pm by Taricus »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 14, 2011, 03:08:36 pm »

'Tala' puts on a brave front.

"My Father was a general...he tutored me in the Arts of War and Generalship, as his sole heir. I shall be ready, when you call upon me to throw these invaders back.

For-I was taught, in any victory-we must defeat the enemy, so utterly and so completely he fears to return to our lands ever again-that, even if he was totally assured of eventual victory, the price paid to do so would be too high to pay. In short, they must fear us-that is the only way for true peace to reign."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 14, 2011, 03:17:40 pm »

Nikephoros eventually found out about the invasion of Mileth and spent a long time pondering the reasons and potential outcomes. He eventually came to the conclusion that there is no point in dragging this out any more than it needs to. Queen has to be consulted and a campaign prepared if Ligoria is to finally show its muscle.

Meet with the queen.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 14, 2011, 03:52:36 pm »

Throne room, Tala's meeting:

"Well said. If you have any funds remaining I suggest that you hire a skilled tactician for your regiment, we will need all the advantages we can get in this war..."

Throne room, Vandire's meeting:
"So, Vandire, I assume you have a plan?"

Pay for a tactician for Kathos' unit. Remaining funds: 0.27 Ducats
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 220