Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232332 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1230 on: November 08, 2011, 05:13:19 pm »

((No need Elf, not this time ;) ))

Max Yeskly forwns and checks the locks to see if they can be broken out of, again
Before you can though, a couple of guards enter your cell and knock you unconcious.

You wake up after a couple of sharp pains in the Ligorian throne room.

"Who the hell do you think you are causing religous unrest in MY city?!"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #1231 on: November 08, 2011, 05:14:10 pm »

Appraise how many crew members there are. Also tell them to sail to this place on the map.
As previously mentioned, you are outnumbered. And the crewmen are hardy sailors; smuggling being a dangerous trade and all.
EDIT: [Tails] Heavily outnumbered.

It is a short and easy trip from Talama to the indicated location.

"Would your services be available by these cold times?"
"A University! Just what this town needs- education is like a splash of colour for the soul. Makes people less dreary."

Hugo nods in appreciation of the idea.

"Yes, yes. Not to mention another chance to replace more of this city with something worth looking at. So! Where were you hoping on building this thing? Or were you planning or renovating some existing structure? I can think of a dozen which would be perfect for a university off the top of my head, but I assume you have something in mind? Ah, and what sort of style were you hoping for? Something modern like this place, something imposing like Alanis's party venue, or something more subdued? Have you considered statues, the marbleworkers round here can really produce some nice work, and at a decent rate-"

He stops himself.

"Ah. Sorry. I get enthusiastic."

"I will help you build your university. Tell me what sort of place you were hoping for, and I'll see what I can do."

Speech: We totally had a good reason for that
[6] The people buy it. However, they have a few questions: Why do the traitors still have heads? Why has the Crow not been found yet? Why is the arena not filled with lizards?
Why have you not done your job, general? The people demand blood.

Collect next years taxes a season early in Vale.
[4] The people grumble. But not too loudly. The taxes come in, though you can't help but notice a slight discrepancy between the projected taxes (3d) and actual taxes (2.5d), and no amount of kind words will convince people to pay up that last half ducat.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:15:53 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 08, 2011, 05:17:41 pm »

"Bishops orders urg"
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 08, 2011, 05:20:17 pm »

Hugo's Room

"Painting again, Hugo?"

Retcyl looked at the unfinished ship and said, "Weylandish...I've haven't seen those for a while."

After a moment, Retcyl said, "Hugp, as you know us hatcuri are leaving...Yes we could as easily stay, but I have my honour...Even to the smallfolk. Course without any hatcuri here, this is barely an Embassy...Which is why I'm promoting you. If you accept, you shall become an honoured citizen of Hatcur and be trusted with some of the beauty and wealth of it...If you accept, of course. You'll have to watch for hatcuri interest here and be my envoy to Ligoria."

After the Lockdown...

The lockdown was finished and the hatcuri hadn't been horribly mauled, although the damned general was advocating a pogrom...

The ships were ready for sailing, and all the hatcuri and possessions too. Retcyl boarded his flagship, The Prescient, and ordered the captain to go look for some islands to inhabit. Kawakai was still asleep, although she was now in her old room. As for the Embassy, the Fists and Hugo had things wrapped up.

Look for an island to inhabit. Head to Shola. Look for an island to inhabit on the way. Preferably high cliffs except for a few entrances. Also good farmland if possible. Meet with William on the way.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:06:11 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 08, 2011, 05:21:28 pm »

Sell the useless ornamental stuff laying around the castle before Tristan get's there. But don't sell any of Thomas's stuff, objects or things he likes.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 08, 2011, 05:21:53 pm »

(All the conversations that I was in seem to have been masterfully handled by him, so I won't bother responding to them all, except for one.)

To John:

"Stay here or go? Well... That's a very tough choice. I have no idea where Lord Blackrose will lead me, nor even what kind of man he is. If he truly was exiled, they probably want to take this castle for themselves...
"I'll go. But... I need to think some things over. Make sure the taxes are collected without angering the locals too badly."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:23:30 pm by Fanofgaming »
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 08, 2011, 05:23:34 pm »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 08, 2011, 05:25:07 pm »

Why should I tell you? Orders are orders, destroy the cult that threatens moun.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 08, 2011, 05:25:55 pm »

(All the conversations that I was in seem to have been masterfully handled by him, so I won't bother responding to them all, except for one.)

To John:

"Stay here or go? Well... That's a very tough choice. I have no idea where Lord Blackrose will lead me, nor even what kind of man he is. If he truly was exiled, they probably want to take this castle for themselves...
"I'll go. But... I need to think some things over. Make sure the taxes are collected without angering the locals too badly."

"Listen lad, how about I tell you a little bit about Lord Blackrose? You seemed worried that he's some sort of monster..."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 08, 2011, 05:26:37 pm »

"Ah, that bishop. Probably wanted to destroy them because they knew too much about his habits after he left his chosen faith to lead moun..."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 08, 2011, 05:27:20 pm »

Habbits? It was just a job... i was getting paid well enough

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 08, 2011, 05:28:24 pm »

"On the contrary, I am quite confident that he is a man of honor. It's just that I'm being asked to follow a man who has been exiled and who I have yet to even meet. I've heard some pretty bad things about the Queen and I wouldn't want to be caught with someone who she doesn't like. However, I have faith in Lord Blackrose, and I will follow him, despite my reservations."
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 08, 2011, 05:29:50 pm »

"Ah, mercenaries. Always too concerned about the money, and yet they don't do the background checks. Fool, you've condemned you men to a painful death and resigned yourself to your true fate. Death. Guards, bring him to the north wall!"

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 08, 2011, 05:30:59 pm »

FUCKING PSYCOBITCH, GIVE ME A SWORD AND I WILL DIE IN THE ARENA!!!!!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 08, 2011, 05:31:24 pm »

"No need to apologize... Ruling a Kingdom is no easy work, Your Highness..."

He said nothing else, still waiting to see where this conversation was headed.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 220