Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232323 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1215 on: November 08, 2011, 02:08:30 pm »

"You know your master more than I do. If he doesn't wish to ruin the Queen's plans, then I shall not send out these letters. My master however asked what we are to do in the meantime...Someone will come to claim this castle."

"And my master has asked, how do your men plan to escape?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 08, 2011, 02:15:42 pm »

John waved the letter.
"All here, even a shiny little map. He plans to meet south of Shola a bit. We'll have everything- even that bloody dragon skeleton- packed in crates and on wagons, once there William will buy another boat from Shola and then it says he'll link up with the Hatcur at the predetermined spot after picking the treasure and the regiment up."
He paused and read over the letter.
"He must have not slept in a while or was rushed. He's normally very cautious about what he puts in words..."

"The only thing he was unsure of however, is if Thomas was going to go with him or stay in Vale/Ligoria."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 08, 2011, 02:19:32 pm »

Tristan considered this. "I suppose that's fair. The land was his for most of the year, so I'll not try to stop you from collecting this year's taxes." John next told him he knew little about the priests - that could end up being a little awkward. He had no idea what religion they were and didn't know how to avoid offending them. He would probably have to talk with them soon. Finally, John told him that Thomas, a quiet scholar sort of person, was as-yet undecided. "Oh. Well, should he decide to stay, I'm sure we'll get along well. I'm a studious person myself. I'd prefer it if he did stay, of course, but I suppose it's up to him."

He stood and gave a slight bow. "If that's everything I'll leave you to finish packing your things. If or when you see William again, tell him that if he ever passes through here I'll extend my hospitality as thanks for selling me the land." He moved to the door, thinking over matters. First thing he needed to do was raise money somehow... perhaps by trying to increase trade through the Vale. Then expand the town. He also needed to write Laythe and let her know he had come into possession of the land, but that could wait until he had visited all the important people and made sure all accounts were settled.

If fanofgaming/Thomas is staying on at the Vale, go to see him. If not, pay a visit to the priests instead.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 08, 2011, 02:20:50 pm »

"Yes...Everything seems to be arranged...My master was not clear on this, but he said I am to accompany those who will meet up with Lord William...Is this acceptable?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 08, 2011, 02:29:09 pm »

Karaf's meeting with Thomas and John:
"I guess so, it'll be good to have an extra regiment of guards for the wagons."

During Tristan's meeting:
"Allrighty then. Have a good day."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #1220 on: November 08, 2011, 03:09:50 pm »

Raid of the temples treasury
[5] As things finally calm down around town, you gather your men and weapons, and make your way to the Shriner's hideout. You have studied the route, and avoid the guards easily.
[2] Unfortunately, the hideout is guarded day and night, and it will take a fight to get inside. There shouldn't be any guards nearby, but this could still get dangerous.
[1] It gets dangerous. You try to sneak closer, but the sentries spot you, shout, run inside, and bolt the doors. Archers appear at the upper windows, and you hear people mobilizing inside.
[3] You are professional soldiers; they are just a bunch of religious refugees. But they have the fortifications, and the numbers. You skirmish, and kill or injure a lot of the Shriners, but eventually your men's injuries and tiredness overwhelms them, and you are forced to pull back. [2] The guards arrive as the fight dies down, and arrest everyone. [1] You have no way of escaping, and find yourself in chains, and awaiting a decision from some higher up as to your fate.

Action: Tala helps the citizens with food, warmth and rent out of her own pocket-and gives a public speech in support of the Queens decision, allaying the fears of the populace and ensuring them the lockdown will end soon/the lockdown won't be repeated soon. She also tries to raise her own influence in the eyes of the people as well.
Allaying fears: [4] The people listen to you impassively. You fear no amount of sweet words would make them fully accepting of the lockdown, but they seem to believe your assurances that it will end soon and won't be repeated. Certainly there wouldn't appear to be any risk of insurrection amongst them.

Improving standing: [3] The queen has been running poorhouses like this one for a while. Though they appreciate it, it doesn't quite strike the chord you hoped it might.

Smuggle spies into city:
1. A man in the city guard, patrolling the walls
2. A woman in the entertainment district, catering to high priced clients.
3. A woman in the merchant district, with enough money to buy a profitable tailors shop overlooking city square
4. A man serving as a butler for noble families.
5. A man who has ingratiated himself into the criminal element of the city, in the slums of the city.
[6] The Empire is more than happy to provide you with agents. The invasion, though you know it to be a minor one, a tool to get rid of an annoying general, is still treated seriously, and as such, your services are suddenly valued highly. Indeed, the influx of orders, messages, and agents is very high, and though it is all handled discreetly, it is impossible to maintain total secrecy, and if anyone were to investigate your situation, they might come across a few compromising things.

1.[2+1] The queen's paranoia filters down the ranks, and getting into the guard is difficult. However, your man manages to get his way in with a clever story and a touch of bribery. He gets himself assigned to the walls, as requested, but his superiors are watching him, and he will have a hard time with any suspicious activity.
2.[3+1] Women of negotiable affection are plentiful in the city, what with the sailors wanting a bit of company whenever they have shore leave. More up-scale entertainment venues are more picky about who they employ, but the Empire sends a beauty of an agent, and she manages to get in.
3. [2+1] Unfortunately, the more profitable and professional tailors are also quite patriotic. The sums they want to sell out to a foreigner are ridiculous, and accepting would be suspicious, so the woman opts for a slightly less well known tailor. With the Empire's funding she makes it into a decent place, but it isn't the sort of place that, say, a noblewoman could shop in without looking suspicious.
4. [5+1] The noble families of Ligoria are always looking for well trained and respectable servants. Your man has the pick of the litter when it comes to choosing a family to work for. Even one of your own servants (ignorant of his true nature) mentions his name to you, suggesting him as a potential employee.
5. [2+1] Say what you like about the local criminal element: they know their spies. And they know your man is a spy. They don't know who for, and they don't really care, welcoming him into their operations with open arms, but they all know he is a spy, he knows they know, and they know he knows they know. They even make his nickname 'The Spy'.

Ah, dammit. I'm sure there were more 'brink of winter' actions than this. Mention it in the OOC thread and I'll do it as soon as possible.

Lockdown is unofficially lifted for both the port and the city. People are still searched at every entrance, but are otherwise free to enter and leave
[1] Upon hearing that you ordered the lockdown ended, people assumed it was your doing to begin with. Rather than thanking you for ending it, the people are upset with you for starting it.

Finally, Retcyl headed up to Hugo's door and knocked.
"Come in"

Hugo is painting. A ship, weylandish, on stormy seas. You recall seeing a sketch for it in the embassy's corridors; Hugo is slowly but surely replacing his quick sketches with proper paintings.

"My friend, welcome. How can I help?"

Go to the embassy and meet with Hugo.
Strange place, the embassy. The front is an inn, and it appears there is an out-of-use mechanic's workshop next to that. You ask the barman as to the whereabouts of Hugo, and he sends a barmaid through a side door to look for him. After a few minutes, the barmaid returns, and requests that you follow her. You are led through several confusing corridors and up several flights of stairs, totally disorientating you, before you reach your destination. The barmaid invites you to enter the door before you, then hurries back downstairs. It occurs you may get lost on your way out.
Hugo is sitting behind a desk, tidying away paperwork. Paintings in various stages of completion litter the room, along with various tools of the artists trade; easels, pots of brushes, jars of paint, various knick-knacks. Light streams in through the open window, and a raven sits upon the windowsill, regarding you with curiosity.

"Welcome, welcome! Sorry about the mess, I have my hands full managing this place with the Hacturi gone. Right, what do you need?"

[1] What a nice guy. The paperwork he is hastily stuffing into the draws of his desk and the management he is doing must be completely ordinary. There is certainly no hint that they are anything but.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 08, 2011, 03:29:14 pm »

'Tala' listens to the Handler with a nod. Seems it went off fairly well...she gave standing orders for all agents to lay low-make friends-keep your eyes and ears open. No covert actions to be taken yet.

She had every reason to believe the 'invasion' would be so much dust in the wind come spring, along with many lives of both nations. It was in fact, as much a tool to test her spy network as it was to get rid of a bothersome general. Perhaps they could win...perhaps.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 08, 2011, 03:34:44 pm »

Avitus walked in cautiously, trying to make his way around the easels and piles of drafts covering the room. He took an amused look at the crow before sitting in front of the artist and started talking calmly: "Don't worry, you encounter the same mess in every busy man's study. It's actually a good sign. As you certainly ignore, or know since you have been working with the Hacturi diplomatic expedition, my name is Avitus Traianus. I am here because I was told you were the best architect in Ligoria, which I would gladly believe having seen your work on her Majesty's birthday party and this... maze of an inn, or embassy, or whatever you want to call it. I need you to help me build Talama's University. Or at least the first building thereof. Would your services be available by these cold times?"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 08, 2011, 03:41:10 pm »

Kathos did not need to look behind him to know that the guards were still blocking the door he wanted to take. He decided to go through the other door, wondering if the 'good stuff' was from his winery.

Take the Door to the queen's left

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 08, 2011, 03:50:04 pm »

Take the Door to the queen's left
What you find behind that door is not an ambush, nor a painful, horrid death. Rather it's a more of a parlour or a private dining room, in which Laythe and her two personal bodyguards enter behind you. Laythe sits down at the small table, which has a variety of alcoholic beverages underneath it in some small barrels, including one from your own winery. She offers you a seat at the table.

"A drink, Baron Thunderblade?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 08, 2011, 03:56:03 pm »

"Damn. Now I'm the one who started it all..."

Nikephoros was dressed in his armor and a heavy winter cloak. He was going to speak to the people at the city's main square, and explain the events of the last week. Everyone in the palace constantly talked about how queen insited to have the masses in love of her, if for no ther reason as to prevent riots and any surprises.
Public relations was not Nikephoros' main skill, but he knew how to speak to the soldiers, so he hoped for a similar effect here.

When he arrived, he stood up on a raised platform, usually used by the town criers and during public occasions. He waited for a while, his soldiers forming a small cordon around the platform while the people of the cty gathered around him.

When the crowd seemed sufficently big enough, he spoke.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With the speech over, he got off the platform and headed back to the castle. For now the only thing remaining was to sit and wait.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:46:48 pm by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 08, 2011, 04:45:24 pm »

Kathos sat down and nodded. He needed a drink. He was either in big trouble, or in the queen's favor.

"If I may ask, why am I here?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 08, 2011, 04:47:36 pm »

Collect next years taxes a season early in Vale.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 08, 2011, 04:55:30 pm »

"You were honest to me, that's why. I respect those that have the backbone to say what they really think of me, in terms of my actions at any rate."

Laythe had some wine, Some of the stuff from Kathos' winery, poured into her goblet by Jacobo.

"And with that fact, I know I can trust you. Though I do apologize for my outburst there, Just been under considerable stress lately..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 08, 2011, 05:10:13 pm »

Max Yeskly forwns and checks the locks to see if they can be broken out of, again
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 220