Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232303 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 415a)
« Reply #1200 on: November 08, 2011, 12:27:56 pm »

Tristan and his regiment of watchmen arrived in Vale after following William's map. "This looks to be the town. Let's find the mayor, shall we?" he said rhetorically before going to go do so.
Find the mayor and present my claim.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 08, 2011, 12:35:24 pm »

John was keeping gate, today. It gave him time to think and relax.
"Proof please."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 08, 2011, 12:38:32 pm »

Tristan nodded and opened the notebook, showing him William's signature. "I bought this land in late autumn, but I was unable to come out here immediately because Queen Laythe had Ligoria in lockdown and no one could leave," he explained.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 08, 2011, 12:40:55 pm »

John took an hour to read and reread the convulted sentences that seem to tie back on one another and cover quite a few major loopholes. When he looked up he was smiling.
"Did you read and fully understand this?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 08, 2011, 12:42:25 pm »

Tristan raised an eyebrow. "I understood that William was in a desperate need to leave Ligoria and sold the land to me for enough to pay for a boat fare," he said. "Why? Did he attempt to cheat me?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 08, 2011, 12:48:30 pm »

"He didn't cheat you. You own the land... "

John pointed out a unobtrusive paragraph. The read it out loud.Then paused.
"Damn he's slippery...Basically William says that you own the land, but next years income from it may be derived this year for his or his underlings benefit if the Lord-mayor and/or the Garrison commander approve of such."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 08, 2011, 12:53:33 pm »

Tristan shrugged. "Eh, should have expected as much, I suppose. I need to speak to the mayor anyway. I can discuss it with him then," he said. "May we go in and see him?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 08, 2011, 12:58:00 pm »

"Unfortunatly Thomas is busy, right now. But I'm sure the garrison commander could speak with you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 08, 2011, 01:15:47 pm »

"Right, I'll go look for the commander then." Tristan's entourage entered town.
Find the garrison commander and explain the situation to him. Let him know I'm not looking to replace him or anything like that and get as much information about the city as possible.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 08, 2011, 01:17:50 pm »

John called out to Tristan as he walked away.
"OI, thats me!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 08, 2011, 01:19:22 pm »

Tristan immediately stopped and turned around. "I see. I wasn't informed..."
Action still stands. (Let him know I'm not looking to replace him or anything like that and get as much information about the city as possible.)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 08, 2011, 01:30:04 pm »

((This post is set  before Tristan arrives at the Vale....I think...))

Karafs looked at the man and said, "your lord William has been...banished from Ligoria and all his land and wealth has been taken by the Crown and others...The ambassador of Hatcur wishes to help your lord, and so I have come here. I have brought this letter," Karafs hands over Wlliam's letter to Thomas,"Further more, my master suggested we strip all we can from the Vale and then distribute these letters of claim to several nobles."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 08, 2011, 01:33:38 pm »

John pounded on the gate five times, then called up to the guard that looked down through a crossbow's aimer.
"Let me in, Jan. Your soldiers have to stay outside and you have to disarm."

Providing he actually does it:
John lead Tristan to a rather large backroom office.

Action still stands. (Let him know I'm not looking to replace him or anything like that and get as much information about the city as possible.)

"Heh, I don't care if you replace me, me and my boys where waiting for you to arrive. I expected that Will would have sold the land for more, but eh. The land currently makes three ducats a year.
"The castle is in fine shape, Thomas lead some excavations underground, but they have no chance of screwing up the foundations."
"With the current level of stored up supplies one regiment of soldiers can last a month or two here comfortably under siege. It has a nice church, which don't like us much, but can't do anything about it. The people are quiet and would most likely be happy if a new ruler came in...."
He saw the look of puzzlement that cross Tristan's face.
"They think him a demon, because of a little misunderstanding."
He quickly changes the subject.
"Anything else you need to know?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 08, 2011, 01:47:34 pm »

Tristan raised an eyebrow. "So you and your men are leaving to join William? I'll step aside and let you do so if that is your wish." So starting in two years the land will bring me an income of three ducats a year. Interesting. John explained that there were some caverns underground and that the local church had no love for the former ruler or his men. "I see. What can you tell me about the church's priest and the mayor, and is there anyone else of importance in town that I should know?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 08, 2011, 02:02:14 pm »

Karafs meeting with Thomas
John snorted lazily.
"The letter my lord has given me has informed me that we must take this years taxes early and sell some of the more useless ornamentation. I don't think my lord would like to send claims to various countries, seeing as that would bring war to the Storm Coast, and peace is much easier to operate in."

Tristan's meeting.
"Yes, we got a letter late autumn about it, we where packing up and such. We're going to take this years taxes and then leave."
"The priests don't talk to anybody and we don't bring them up. We don't talk to them, they don't talk to us and everyone is happy with the arrangement."
"Thomas the Lord-mayor has yet to tell us if he wishes to go with William or stay here. He seems the scholarly type. He's a bit quiet as well."
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 220