Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 225433 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2011, 11:38:16 am »

((Welp, I'll RP that then))

'Tala' was turned away rudely before she could an audience.

"Queens not seeing anyone else today, Madam." The fairly nondescript guard said, and she was not one to push.

She smiled brightly.

"Oh? I so wanted to meet her...thank you for time, sir...

tell me, what is your name? It's not against castle rules to tell me that right? I wouldn't want to get you in any trouble..."

Action: Attempt another recon of the castle! Maybe charm a guard into leading me unwittingly when his shift allows.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2011, 11:54:23 am »

Kawakai sighed after being turned away from the queen again, as she walked away from the gates, it seemed a lowly hacturi such as herself was not worth the queen's time, a pity, well it'd be the queen's loss, not hers she thought as she put pen to paper:

Dear SCTG representative,

As you may know a hacturi expedition has recently arrived in Ligoria's capital - Talama. I'm partially responsible for founding a hacturi embassy and also the creation of a mechanic's workshop; my profession by choice. In order to fund the costs I am requesting a loan of 3 ducats to be fully repaid two full years after receiving the money in addition to a %25 tax on my mechanics workshop which will include both sales and commissioned work or contracts for the same period of time.

Thankyou very much for reading this,
Kawakai Zuskish'k

Kawakai handed the letter to a pageboy who quickly ran of to deliver the letter.

EDIT:

Just as the pageboy was running around the bend Kawakai called out "Wait! I forgot I need to be a member of the SCTG before I can receive a loan from them, send it to the LSBaTC instead. Stupid legistaion" Kawakai sent the messenger on his way once again after changing the line:

Dear SCTG representative,

As you may know a hacturi expedition has recently arrived in Ligoria's capital - Talama.

To:

Dear LSBaTC representative,

As you may know a hacturi expedition has recently arrived in your fair city.

Send a messenger to request a loan

Quote from: Tala
'Tala' was turned away rudely before she could an audience.

"Queens not seeing anyone else today, Madam." The fairly nondescript guard said, and she was not one to push.

She smiled brightly.

"Oh? I so wanted to meet her...thank you for time, sir...

tell me, what is your name? It's not against castle rules to tell me that right? I wouldn't want to get you in any trouble..."

Action: Attempt another recon of the castle! Maybe charm a guard into leading me unwittingly when his shift allows.

[2] "The name's David, but I'm sorry, the queen doesn't want to see you."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:19:05 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2011, 03:26:55 pm »

Well, looks like after that outburst, the queen wasn't likely to be accepting visitors. Looks like Retcyl would be sleeping in a tent today...But before that perhaps some things could be done...

From what Retcyl had heard, some cults were being established in the city. One dedicated to a food god interested him-they had become slightly more powerful lately...

Retcyl needed a spy in their, unfortunately he had none and he trusted not his subordinates...Perhaps he would himself go...

No, they wouldn't let him in. Retcyl would just go to the markets and check out the price of construction materials (never got an exact price) and listen for anything of interest.

Retcl had a plan tomorrow that may either get the inn built, or get him and his men killed. Things of value always risks the seeker...

Go to markets and listen for anything interest while pretending to be browsing for construction materials. Head back to the ruins and set up camp on them afterwards. Afterwards, find Hugo and Kawakai and brief them on tomorrow's plan.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 03:31:36 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2011, 03:29:08 pm »

William walks back into the city, wearing burgundy colored linens and with his crimson blade strapped to his belt, he passes the guards with a nod, just as his men do and heads towards the cheap alehouse that his herald recommended.
The herald steps behind him carefully, trying to avoid making eye contact with anyone or to get under the feet of the two large guards, who stare menacingly at anybody who looks at William funny.
Find that cheap bar that the herald recommended((the one that has two pcs at it)).

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 03:31:11 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2011, 03:58:11 pm »

Just after sending the pageboy on his way another hacturi tapped Kawakai on the shoulder "Rectyl wants too see you and Hugo inside, apparently he's got a plan, and you really should try and get some human clothes you know", a quick glare sent him scurrying, well time to see what Rectyl wanted, things seem to be picking up she thought.

As she sat down and glanced at Hugo on her left and then Rectyl who was sat straight in front of her "So did you like the plan I was telling Hugo about? What's happening now?"
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2011, 04:12:52 pm »

"Hmm? You want to make the inn a drug den? That would be useful yes, but we would need constant contact with Hatcur to get enough supplies and besides, too many uneeded eyes would come into our headquarters should we set it up. As for the mechanic's shop, that will be an important part of the inn."

"Anyway on to matters of greater importance. As both of you know, we have no base of operations and no resources to build one. My plan? I shall head northwards to collect resources after being ordered by the Queen on a task. Don't ask me what the Queen has ordered me to do because she hasn't yet, I must still yet speak to her. Both of you may stay here if you wish. Along the way, I'll also try to recruit some more men into our group."

"If you two decide to stay, I expect some work to be done. Hugo, your an artist from what I can tell. Get painting and sell the paintings to the highest bidder. From what I know, the rich usually spend their money on anything that seems to be valuable or interesting. We should be able to get a few ducats out of that. As for you Kawakai,  I need you to construct a large amound of ampheni. They don't have these around here apparantly. We should be able to get a few ducats out of a curious scholar or some noble or merchant."

'Finally, Hugo I need to sign you up so that your officially employed by me and by extension the Emperor."

Retcyl takes out a paper from his sleeve and a pen.

"Here, read the contract if needed."

"Also, do you two know of anyone willing to join us?"

((An amphemus/ampheni is a small machine that creates electricity-only in extremely small amounts though. Think of a baghdad battery.))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:17:53 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2011, 04:25:39 pm »

The bar is large, noisy, and brightly lit. The tables are crowded and the barmaids overworked. The beer flows like water and the wine flows like beer. The only isle of peace is in the corner by a window, where a large table is shared between a mere three people. Folks go out of their way to avoid the table, though, primarily because of the fact that said occupants are two hacturi (ugh) and- much worse- a painter. ((More tolerant people (PCs), should they drop by, would have no reason not to take the only seats available))

Hugo skims over the contract.
"Hmm, well, I hate being tied down for long, but I guess that working for you lot will be interesting for quite a while. I shall sign your contract, for the next two years."

"As for my artwork, but of course. I've been dying to get some painting done- doing so for money would be a happy bonus!"

"Now, much as I love working, I do love drinking as well. What say I get us a round of drinks, hmm? And we can forget about collapsing inns and secret subterfuge until the morning, when we all wake up with splitting headaches in someone else's bed."
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2011, 04:28:12 pm »

"David? What an interesting name...So, what do you do here? This is my first trip to the capital..."

Charm away-clearly he can be useful. I've just got to get his attention.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2011, 04:36:39 pm »

"Well when the time comes I'd like to travel with you, sounds a bit more interesting than staying in the city, but in the meantime I suppose I could do a bit of trading, how peculiar that electricity is unheard of here." Kawakai was happy to know she'd be able to set her workshop up easily enough - at least if the bank responded to the idea favorably. In the meantime she signed the contract to find finances for her mechanical workshop herself which she'd profit from whilst in addition assist Rectyl until the establishment was complete, after that she took up Hugo's offer for the round of drinks and gladly accepted the simple dress he had brought her which she put on immediately.

Stay in the bar for a bit. In the morning before spend 1 ducat on scrap metal, wine, old vases and a market stall from which to sell about 10-15 Apheni's at 0.2 ducats each. Take enough money for self to cover costs and give the rest to Rectyl.

Quote from: Tala
"David? What an interesting name...So, what do you do here? This is my first trip to the capital..."
Charm away-clearly he can be useful. I've just got to get his attention.

[4] "Well I'm a guard, which I hope you can tell", Tala batted her eyes and winked "Fine, I'll let you through this once! But don't expect the queen to see you." David stepped aside and allowed Tala into the castle.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:45:46 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2011, 04:40:56 pm »

"Well I guess that clears up the plan for tonight. I'll accept that drink Hugo and then I'll be heading back to camp."

Accept Hugo's offer and drink...But after three drinks refuse anymore and head back to camp.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2011, 04:55:45 pm »

continue
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2011, 05:06:12 pm »

((Why the hell do I want to put Kain down everytime i write.))
William sits down rudely in the only available seat, right next to Hugo. His herald sits down across from him, looking around shyly and rubbing his head. His two guards take up positions right beside the table, their thick cloaks hiding the red leather armor, crossbows, and swords hidden underneath. They scowl menacingly at a drunk who tries to get William to buy him a drink, but who think wisely of it after a knife is drawn by William and aimed at his liver.
"Any of you speak Mirish? Eša Northlandish?" William asks while smiling at the drunk that hobbled away.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2011, 05:11:26 pm »

continue

[2] The merchants you pack out with managed a half decent deal on some cloth on their way out of town. [2] They didn't however seem to know where the hell they were headed truly and lost a bit of time. [4] Thankfully for them, and by extention you, they managed a good deal at the market again. The head of the caravan handed you a bag of coins totalling around [2] .5 Ducats, you glare a bit at the man and he attempts to justify the lack of need for your mercenaries. [5] However, noticing the men being strangely curious over your exchange, he hands you another bag with another .25 ducats in it.

Spoiler: Holdings and Status (click to show/hide)

Note: Next time just say something in OOC, 'continue' is just like bumping your own posts
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2011, 05:12:24 pm »

((Cause Kain's awesome.))

"Stranger, I can speak some Mirish."

Locanil had taught him the tongue some time before.

(In Mirsh)

"Suprised that I know the tongue, Elbrethian? You are Elbrethian are you not? I've been told Elbrethians sound like this."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2011, 05:17:06 pm »

A couple of days after the 'Incident'

"Right, go send a messenger to those wanting to see me a couple of days ago. Might as well see them now. Alessandro, go make sure that they're not going to cause trouble once they're outside the throne room."

Send some messengers to those wanting to see me, requesting they come for their audiences.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 220