Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 225425 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2011, 07:26:23 pm »

When it's unwrapped it reveals a large claymore, its around five foot long, the blade not painted but naturally colored, is black as a cellar in midnight, specks of gold dust are chaotically distributed around the blade and handle, when one tries to pick them off they reveal that they are embedded into the blade somehow, the specks glimmer with internal light.
The blade is as sharp as a razor and the tip is shaped like a steep diamond, the entire top part is as sharp as the rest. The Steep diamond repeats itself all the way down to the hilt and. Making it look like a series of diamonds on a circle.
The handle is wrapped in thick leather and has two spiked steel half circles as handguards. The pommel is just a shiny looking bronze spike.
"It's made of deep-iron, which gets darker the longer you leave it out, forged in a white flame, the ore itself smelted with a drop of animus-dust and golden-beryl solution to give it that gold dust look.
Try it out. Swing it down, you'll feel it get slightly heavier as it gets lower. Its quite peculiar, an experiment. Only...34? 35 were ever made. My grandfather told me to give it to you. Forged by Lonemine, says so if you look closely at that bronze thing at the bottom. Dunno why he wanted you to have it, Madami."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:41:21 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2011, 07:41:47 pm »

"Huh, I ought to give it a taste of blood sometime. I guess this gets you off the hook. And as promised, Arise Baron William. Enjoy your new land. And unless there was something else you wanted, you may leave now, as I have one bothersome weylander to deal with..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2011, 07:54:16 pm »

"Of course, Goodbye my queen."
William bows and leaves the throne room, getting a plot map of his lands from the steward. He reunites with his guard and then heads out of the city, arriving to where his men are camped and then rallies them and heads toward his land. They arrive safely and set up their tent city. Resting and waiting for something to do.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2011, 08:03:21 pm »

"Well, Ji'sen, son of Kil'f, thy plan gathered many a peasant to us," began Oli'c. "But now we have not enough food to feed them, nor clothes to cloth them. Now I believe that a few options present themselves to us. Our company could ask the queen for work, however, she may not endorse us taking these peasants from their farms on a whim. We could send out hunting parties, and share the spoils, if the queen of this land cares not about the animals of the forest. Or...we could go raiding. Of course the option last present to us is the most profitable, but it shall lower the druidic reputation."

"Ah, Oli'c. I am glad it has gathered many soldiers to our side, but alas, I fear you speak the truth. I am weighed towards the path of hunting, but only after we make certain it is accepted by the men of Talama," replied Ji'sen. "I also say that we should make spears, even if we cannot hunt, for it will be help to our soldiers".

Make spears, then find out if hunting is allowed. If so, hunt.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2011, 08:09:06 pm »

When last we saw our friends at the SCTG, they were doing well. Roaming the waters of the Storm Coast with neigh impunity. The only true threat they saw was that of the Suulian Knights. Knights being a loose term for a holy order of pirates.

In the last 100 years the SCTG hasn't done well. The City itself has devolved into a Tribunal of scammers and schemers styling themselves as 'Merchant Nobles'. The city is still run by the head of the guild, despite epic losses in profits over the decades. Losses have since stabilized to a slow trickle back to the positives at the hands of the new Guildmaster Shinala. Not a moment too soon either as the whole batch of nobility was ready to revolt against the guild.

Shinala started as a minor merchant in the guild. Through normal process, titles were granted based on profits and success. Over the course of nearly a decade Shinala rose from a minor member to the head of the entire Guild - what's left of it anyway.

So now we come to the present. The head of a guild with no fungible assets beyond his own ship and a nearly tapped out loan capacity of the guild's coffers.

Begrudgingly, Shinala rolls out of bed for another day to harrass his members into doing their jobs.

City Status:
10% tax rate in Vasir

Guild Status:
Size 4, 4d/yr profits
9/12d loan limit, 3d to misc merchants in the guild

NPC Merchants:
2x Recognised Trader: 3 collective move remaining (Aching and Groaning current locations)
1x Associated Trader: 1d/yr chapter fees (2 move remaining, Vasir, current location)

Holdings:
1 Carrack-class Ship (Heavy Ship upgrade, 1x Cargo Hold Upgrade)
-2 holds, 3 move remaining for this season
--3.25d/yr upkeep

OOC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:19:11 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2011, 11:58:26 pm »

Retcyl arrived in the palace and was once again inspected by the guards. His second meeting with the queen would be delayed, there were other applicants meeting with the queen...From what he had heard, the queen had killed her whole family. Children included...A kinslayer in other words. In certain parts of Hatcur, those who killed their siblings and parents would have their limbs and tails cut off, their eyes gouged, and their skins burnt, and yet they would be forced to live. But this wasn't Hatcur, this was the Storm Coast. He would need to be careful with this queen...Perhaps a "gift from the Emperor" would help? From what he had observed, she was cruel, suspicious, power-hungry and a fighter. Not someone you would want to know personally, but her cruelty doesn't seem to extend to her rule...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2011, 03:47:16 am »

His guards  barely keeping the Palace Guard from attacking, Corv entered the throne room without further ado. The Messengers head in his hands he gave a mocking bow before throwing the head at the queens feet. A cruel grin twisted upon his face.

I really dislike being treated like some lowborn landsettr and i loath it if some lowborn messenger decides to treat me like an oaf. Good Morning your...Highness i guess? Or whatever self-stylized title you have come to aquire. I am Corvinus McRiar, Envoy of the Jarldom of Weyland and Captain of the "Svartblôd"-company. I am here to offer you a...let's call it a trade relationship with the Weylands. As a token of good will i and my men will serve you and you alone. Further the Jarldom offers you It's soldiers in exchange for a price of course, but either way if you accept or decline i and my company will serve you.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2011, 04:09:46 am »

Nikephoros explored the streets of the city. He visited this place many times overhis career, with last being a couple of years ago, when the place still had a king and a big royal family.
He was quite interested to hear that queen has received a lot of envoys and retainers, and was willing to grant them land or property in exchange for services or loyalty.
Heh, Nikephoros thought, loyalty bought with coin was something he knew all too well. The only real thing he believed was person's honour and integrity. As strange as this was, Nikephoros was a quite honourable man,  his word carrying a lot of say within mercenary circles. After all, this was the only thing that guaranteed the contracts and made sure that your former employers weren't after reporting any complaints that often included poison or overpaid (and often useless)sellswords.

With the kingdom in overhaul, it was quite likely that the queen would need a hound or a right hand that would be able to squash any resistance. The royal regiments, or what he heard of them, weren't experienced troops, despite the peagantry of uniforms and shouted orders, but green recruits, employed to maintain peace. Nikephoros' Bastards on the other hand were trained troopers and veterans of many conflicts. The turnover of men was quite high, but at any single time, the regiment could muster enough strength to fufill its obejectives and give a hard time to enemies that were outnumbering them.

Head to the caslte and request the audience to offer services to the Queen.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2011, 05:28:14 am »

Inside the throne room:
"You just barge in here, with armed guards no less, demanding an audienc while I was damned well holding the same for some nobles then have the gall to complain about it?!

YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES TO LEAVE OR I KILL YOU MYSELF!"

The last part of that sentance could be heard right throughout the palace, even to the gates.

And at the gates:
"Er, I don't think the queen would be in the mood to see anyone else at this point. Really, someone had to piss her off. She's like a nightmare angry."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2011, 05:35:42 am »

As Retcyl sat on a chair thinking on his plans, a loud shout coming from the throne room went through the room. Damn, whoever was in their must have pissed off the queen...Fool he was; didn't he catch the part about the queen wearing armour and murdering her family? Wait perhaps Retcyl was going insane?

"Did anyone else hear that?"

"Aye ambassador, someone just went and signed his execution form."

Maybe Retcyl should go in there...? No, he would probably get himself killed. Best to just sit down and wait for the unfortunate to be cut up to ribbons...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:37:56 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2011, 06:52:29 am »

"Heh, you wouldn't belive how expensive the clothes are here and I left all my human outfits aboard that ship, silly me. Then again on the subject of buying drinks I could use some refreshment, you wouldn't mind would you?" Kawakai winked "Anyway down to work" said the hacturi as she enthusiastically sprawled out plans for the establishment:

There were three floors, first Kawakai pointed to the ground floor "Right so you walk in and we've got tables here where people can drink, a nice bar here and over here we can have a little recreational area. What I'm thinking here is we'll have some of the more exotic Hacturi drugs here, you need the right equipment you see. Anyway we can have all sorts of 'lil interesting things arround there, mechanical toys, herbs, potions. Anyways that'll lead through to a 'lil shop if Rectyl lets me I can have a mechanical workshop just above it too, I was actually going to see the queen about funding for it so won't cost him a dime. I guess you wouldn't mind telling him about that would you?" Kawakai then went through the rest of the designs, there were offices and conference rooms behind the bar which required going through a defensive gas chamber and below was storage and an escape exit into the sewers, the roof was also accessible by going through the residential first floor and had frilly plants drawn all over it from which balistae could be fired or any manner of defenses. She pushed the designs towards Hugo and announced that it was probably time to try and see the queen again. She figured if she got the funds and Rectyl wasn't fine with it she could always create her workshop elsewhere.

Share the plans with Hugo and try to organize a meeting with the queen again.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:57:38 am by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2011, 07:45:12 am »

The grin on the Weylanders face vanished...

I see...i guess i can tell the Jarl that Ligoria has no need of our services...

leaving the throne room with his guard in tow Corvinus boarded the ships provded by the Jarldom again and set sail South.

Travel to the Southern City State( the yellow one...) and ask around for contestors to the Queen of Ligoria and maybe a mercenary employment in that City State

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2011, 10:56:31 am »

Share the plans with Hugo
"Oh, darling, these plans are terrible. No offence, but you simply have no sense of décor. Listen, the basic design is fine, but it needs more of a structured feel, see, here, and here, and we can easily stick a third floor on top of here, even a tower here, and see, if we move this wall, it's more symmetrical, and we can put a passage between this room and this room. Oh, and this floor requires more supports unless you intend to build this wall out of stone, and trust me, you don't want to do that- the whole place will freeze up in winter. Not to mention these things, they have to go. Honestly, I don't care if they can kill a man in three seconds flat, they would clash with the wallpaper!"

After covering half of the blueprints in modifications, Hugo rolls them up and sticks them in his satchel.

"But listen, we can work out the details later. For now, its getting late, I've had a building fall on me, and you need a dress, a drink, and a dorm. I've met a tailor who I doubt will say no to coin, scales or no; there's a cheap drinking hole up the road which may not be classy, but'll get us hammered in no time; and they'll probably still have some rooms left. Its not too far from the palace, either, so you can check to see if the queen has time for you easily."

He sweeps up the rest of his tools and begins walking off.

"I'm thinking leather and velvet, autumn colours. Oh, yes, you'll look beautiful in something like that, I'm sure of it"

Hugo (who has spent the last few weeks exploring the streets) will guide Kawakai around the city until the Queen has time to speak with her.

Also, the two work together to create blueprints for the inn's reconstruction (can we get a construction cost reduction for this, or something?)
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2011, 11:28:40 am »

'Tala' was a bit confused-there was so many things going on, she couldn't tell what was important or not...her next move was a bold one, but likely unable to avoided. She was sure there would be questions...and if there was, she could handle them. If the Queen trusted her word, who would doubt her?

YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES TO LEAVE OR I KILL YOU MYSELF!"

Oh, yes the Queen was quite insane, wasn't she? Really, the Dragon Empire would be totally in their right to have her removed from power so they could rule this land under their own justice, as the responsibility of a greater nation to a lesser one...if it came to that.

Try to gain an audience with the queen and indicate my admiration-and support-for her rulership of our realm.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2011, 11:30:45 am »

"Well, I guess that's all the audience's I'll be seeing today. Jacobo? Send a message to the guard, I'm off to the study!"

Upgrade one unit into heavy cavalry, calling those the Queen's Hussars. Upgrade another unit into a heavy disciplined, calling that the Talama guard. The final unit shall be upgraded into a Heavy archer (With crossbows instead of longbows), Calling them the Citadel guard.

Recruit a further two units, one being a heavy pikeman unit, the other being a heavy scout.

Remaining funds: 0.5 Ducats.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:39:43 am by Taricus »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 220