Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 225729 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2011, 05:17:44 pm »

((Thank you Micelus. He would be awesomer if we continued.))

"Elberthian, hah..." William chuckled and then stared when no one else laughed for a momen "Elberth collapsed years ago. Im from the Nation of Lonemine, Baron William of Ligoria is the name now, and thats Harold the Herald. Heh and these are two of my Crimson Gaurds, Johnathan and Jan. Whats your name, Hatcur?"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:30:40 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2011, 05:30:52 pm »

Hugo does not speak mirish (a few words, perhaps, but not enough to communicate). Instead, he leans over the table to the nervous-looking herald, and whispers
"Hey, you look like you speak proper. Who is this guy? Is everyone so handsome where he's from?"
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2011, 05:39:54 pm »

(6)
"Don't tell him I told you, but he used to be Sir William Vadud of the Black Rose Chapter of the Crimson Guard. Now hes Baron William Varaum of Ligoria...owns a bit of land and regiment north of the city, hes planning on building a fortress up there. I dunno, alot of the men and women from his garrison are handsome, but i've never been to Lonemine." The Herald blurts out, staring at Hugo, trying hard not to catch his master's eye, whos busy chatting with the male Hatcur.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:48:26 pm by filiusenox »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2011, 05:45:15 pm »

Travel to the Southern City State( the yellow one...) and ask around for contestors to the Queen of Ligoria and maybe a mercenary employment in that City State

Travel from Ligoria to Moun

Moun is a peaceful town that seems to be an odd conglomeration of Monastaries, Temples and Churches. There's a dedication, at minimum a shrine, to every religion you've ever heard of - and serveral you haven't. Your chances of finding opposition to the Queen here seem mixed. Obviously there will be some that oppose the Queen's politics and methods, but the odds they'll be the type to stand against her are slim.

The city of Moun is largely ignored by the conquests of others due to the lack of military power it possesses. The outcry of other nations at the subjugation of a religious focal point is often enough to discourage conquer.

Given the focus of the region, the chief imports and exports are odd. Anything that can be grown here, is. Anything that can be produced from crops, is. Strangely enough the produced goods in the region are almost entirely consumed by the region. The actual list of exports is mostly only enough to cover expenses the region may incur over in a season. This leaves large excess amounts of Cloth and Grains for sale.

((will roll stats later, or when it matters))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:47:15 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2011, 05:51:29 pm »

Kawakai: You manage to get the loan from the bank, totaling about three ducats. Of course, in order to get the loan, they want you to demonstrate what sort of business that you want to open, and thus request a meeting with you.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2011, 05:54:00 pm »

David turned out be...quite charming himself. He was reserved and polite, and gave her directions. She offered thanks...and left him wondering about her. He might be useful in the future.

*3 days later*

'Tala' had received the message with her usual calm. She would have to look the part...play the role she was assigned...charm the Queen. A difficult task!

She garbs herself in her best clothes and jewlery-nothing too gaudy, and makes her way to the throne room. She gave a small nod to David the guard, and was very pleased to him smile back-he was just a guard, and they rarely got the attention they deserved...

Tala takes a knee, and introduces herself to the Queen when she is given audience-

"Tala Alanis-daughter of the noblewoman Arete Alanis...at your service my majesty. I've come to express admiration for your rule-and, continuing with my families long history of supporting our rightful ruler-pledged my support to you. Though, for now I am merely enjoying the wonders the capital has to offer on vacation from my home. I am at your majesties service...for whatever she may require."

She stayed in a kneeling position until addressed, prepared for almost anything the Queen might say or do. It was probably best if she was merely dismissed as a Noble Wellwisher-but, she might get lucky and happen upon one of her 'majesties' good moods.

Spoiler: Inventory and Stats (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2011, 05:57:18 pm »

"That's very interesting, thank you. And don't worry. Hugo never reveals a secret!"
Hugo sits back and takes out his sketching tools, and starts quietly sketching a picture of William.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2011, 05:59:44 pm »

"Collapsed? Well my associate said nothing of that matter. All he told me was that the kingdom was severely weakened. Interesting how the world can change in such short time. I'am Retcyl Jementeten. I lead the the Emperor's Expedition to the Storm Coast. Now tell me, what is someone from Lonemine doing all the way here? Last I heard Lonemine was a mining town in the mountains and isolated, hence the name."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2011, 05:59:59 pm »

"Hmm? House Alanis? I don't think I've heard of them, must be a new lot. At any rate, I assume you're enjoying your quarters?"

Laythe was intrigued by this newcomer, fairly mysterious, but she had the credentials to prove it...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2011, 06:10:56 pm »

"Lonemine flourished under Masteri Kain. He made it into a powerful nation, it supplies most of the iron and steel, as well as a lot things made from those to several surrounding countries."
William took a sip of wine and ignored Hugo for a bit longer. He hesitates for a moment.
"I've come to seek fame and glory, like most people who wander do. Oh and its nice to meet you Rectyl."
He finally sighs and pulls Hugo's ear towards his mouth and whispers in almost perfect native.
"Please stop skecthing me, I don't like people to be able to remember my face, oh...and thats not my good side, Poppet." and then a bit louder in Mirish. "NO. SKECTH. FACE."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2011, 06:16:52 pm »

Retcyl turned to Hugo.

(In proper)
"Hugo, would you mind scrapping that sketch please..."

(In Mirish)
"I'm sorry for that, but Hugo is a bit eccentric...He say and draws what comes to minds. He's useful though."

"Now, what were we speaking of? Ah yes...so have you come to aid this queen? She's quite the warrior and sadist...something your used to by know I would believe if you lived under Kain's rule. She reminds me of a flower back from my home; looks deadly and is deadly but helps surrounding vegetation grow . I'm one to believe that she seeks to expand her holdings, which is something I will suggest to her in the coming days."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:20:54 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2011, 06:22:06 pm »

"Yes, i've come to aid the Queen. She seems like she will be interesting to serve.
Masteri Kain used to be all those things, but now he's bloody mad, and a cripple. He mostly spends his nights tormenting the assassins sent to kill him by his children and searching for glass and poisons in his dinner. He's still bloody brilliant.Wait...the Hatcur know of Masteri Kain?"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:24:58 pm by filiusenox »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2011, 06:27:06 pm »

"Well, not at large, but a few of us. Have you ever heard of a hatcuri known as Locanil? He has attracted fame in Hatcur and has told me much of your human ways. Including this Kain, who I know lives much longer than an average human. I even think he could match us hatcuri in life-span. It's a shame that he went mad, it would have been nice to meet someone with a human mind but with a hatcuri life-span."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2011, 06:37:23 pm »

William takes another sip of wine and keeps his face blank.
"Madami Amaryllis told tales of a lizard man named Locanil to my father once...I heard he was a good scholar and that he tried to teach Elberthians and  he engineered a tower for dispersing Kyrite or something. The base- that's the only part built- of is said to be haunted by Mad King Eric...
Masteri Kain, they -rumors of course- tell that he went mad because he saw all of his lovers and friends age and die, and he didn't.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2011, 06:42:54 pm »

Upon hearing William speak, Hugo freezes. He dimly notices Retcyl talking to him, and snaps out of it.
"What? Right, yes, I think I caught that last part. No draw face. Ahahaha. I'll, uh, just go get us some more drinks. The gentlemen in red, another round for you as well? My treat, ahaha."

But as he walks away his terrified appearance fades, and a wide grin stretches across his face. Try to scare ol' Hugo, eh? Hugo had seen his mother play the scared fool on plenty of men who thought they were in control, only to lure them in and steal their wallets. And not one of them went to the authorities, because they could never bear to admit that they were defeated by a common whore.
Well, Hugo was no common whore, but the same principal applies. He would see this nobleman's attitude come back to bite him, you see if he wouldn't. But he would play the long game. For tonight, the terrified deer, quivering at the scary man. Although... he could think of one thing that might be funny to try, and answer a question that had been burning in his mind since the stranger sat down beside him.

"Hey, honey, could you do me a favour?"
"I guess so, Hugo"
"This friend of mine, handsome guy in red, doesn't speak a word of proper. I think it would be really funny if when you brought the drinks over, you flirted outrageously with him, you know, tell a few really dirty jokes- don't say you don't know any, I can tell from the way you're blushing that you do- and he won't know what you're talking about. It'll be a right laugh."
"I dunno, Hugh, that sounds a little strange to me"
"I'll give you a kiss?"
"Really!? I mean, oh, ok then. I guess, for a joke."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 220