Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 225265 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2011, 05:32:17 pm »

Visit the two parcels of land.
It takes about a a day's ride to get to your parcels near the east coast. You are directed to the largest village in the area, which happens to have the estate house on it. Most of the area it dedicated to grain farming, though there are some vinyards and wineries towards the inland areas. The climate is fairly standard, and there is a monastery here as well. The land is fairly standard though, and nothing out of the ordinary strikes you at this moment.

Check if anything's salvageable from the ruins. Head back to the palace and tell her about the inn. Ask if their would be anyway that the hatcuri could be of service. Be it combat or otherwise. Also, ask her if she could either provide ducats for the construction materials, or allow the hatcuri to stay elsewhere while work was going on.
[5]
You are able to salvage whatever materials that weren't damaged beforehand, and thus your followers also have their personal belongings back. You even managed to clear away the rubble as well, leaving an intact foundation. Well, at least this would help keep the costs for rebuilding at a reasonable level.

In the Palace:
"Well, I'm sure that would be nessecary if he couldn't understand me." Laythe then began to speak in accented mirish.

"But I know he can. So, now then, what did you want to see me for?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2011, 05:40:31 pm »

Buy the warehouse from him and search for any ruins to salvage from.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2011, 05:52:19 pm »

"But your-" with a look that can only described as thunderous, William cuts him off. The man bows a bit too sharply towards the direction of William and then bows towards the queen and leaves.
"Hello Madami. May I just say that your city is simply stunning in spring, even more stunning then Lonemine at sunset and- you look like the type of ruler that hates nonsense, so I'll cut to the chase? I wish to offer my blade and the blades of my men to your cause. All I ask in return is someplace to stay- it doesn't have to be very nice of course- and enough money to pay my men their upkeep next year. I'm very skilled in various arts, like tactics, architecture, marksmanship and t- several others that you may require in ruling." he says in his voice of honeyed ice.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:09:57 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2011, 05:59:05 pm »

"So, A mercenary then. To tell the truth, the amout of hidden weapons strikes me that you're more of a noble. So, here's the deal: You swear fealty to me, and I can give you a couple of parcels worth of land, Or you could go the mercenary route, and I pay for your upkeep plus half that as payment. So, what'll it be?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2011, 06:00:17 pm »

'Tala' had a good idea what to do next-the layout of the castle grounds...

Begin 'touring' the castle-noting entrances and exits, guard density and patrols, height of the walls and windows, location of important rooms...if I get caught somewhere I'm not supposed to be, I'll play the 'overexcited heiress got lost in the castle' card.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2011, 06:08:36 pm »

'Tala' had a good idea what to do next-the layout of the castle grounds...

Begin 'touring' the castle-noting entrances and exits, guard density and patrols, height of the walls and windows, location of important rooms...if I get caught somewhere I'm not supposed to be, I'll play the 'overexcited heiress got lost in the castle' card.

[1] You make several concious attempts to leave the 'tour' and get out of sight to snoop - and fail spectacularly at every turn. [1] You're aware of the guards at every corner, and you're pretty sure they're now painfully aware of you as well.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2011, 06:13:03 pm »

"Ah, Oli'c?" asked Ji'sen, one of the druids.

"Yes?" replied Oli'c.

"I was wondering, maybe we should try to form a group around us of soldiers instead of converts. More men enjoy fighting than those that enjoy praying."

"Aye, that could work. I'll get the rest of the men on it."

Oli'c quickly organized his men into smaller groups and sent them forth, to examine the land, especially for the poor, and offer them jobs as soldiers.

Attempt to obtain soldiers from whoever wishes to join.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2011, 06:17:30 pm »

Maybe this requires a bit more finesse...

Retire to my quarters for now, let the heat die down-maybe meet (other players) interesting persons around here?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2011, 06:21:09 pm »

"Hurrm...Will I still be able to fight for you as a noble?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2011, 06:23:19 pm »

Laythe let out a laugh. "Look, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't let you fight. I'm guessing you're bending your knee to me then?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2011, 06:26:56 pm »

Buy the warehouse from him and search for any ruins to salvage from.
You purchase the warehouse. You now own a large warehouse in the warehouse district.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'ruins'. Ruined buildings in town are still going to belong to someone, and folks might object if you just show up and start taking things.

Attempt to obtain soldiers from whoever wishes to join.
[6]You head out into the countryside and attempt to recruit soldiers to your cause. For some reason.
It seems the poor of this nation are just jumping for an army to join, given the far greater wealth involved in mercenary work than farming. Each of your men returns with dozens of peasants in tow, and you soon find yourself at the head of a veritable peasant army. Who now expect to be armed, fed, and paid.

You have accidentally recruited a unit of peasants. They are standing in the countryside of Ligoria, and if you cannot find a source of food/money for them, they will start looting.
Long Live United Forenia!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2011, 06:33:57 pm »

Continue to recruit and get donations.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2011, 06:38:12 pm »

"Heh...I suppose so...I swear my undying loyalty."
He kneels down and bows his head reverently and then stands.
"And now for that gift..."
William removes the leather package from his back and then hesitates.
"May I approach the throne?"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:39:46 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2011, 06:46:42 pm »

Laythe raises an eyebrow at this. "Hmm, someone trying to court me? anyway, guard! mind bringing me that package?"

One of the guards, standing next to the throne, a fairly large armoured figure, gently takes the package and hands it over to the queen, whom the starts opening it.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2011, 07:22:49 pm »

Once Kathos had arrived in the village and visited all his lands, he knew what he had to do. Wine was a succeful buisness in Ligoria - and there was wine on his lands. However, these little vineyards and wineries had no ambition, no desire of expanding... They were not going to be useful. Kathos had a project, now. However, he had little money left, and it would not be enough.

He would have to get some, somewhere. The only person in this village who might have some money was the mayor. Kathos was going to talk to him first.

Meet with the mayor of the village.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:53:38 pm by Shootandrun »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 220