Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: So how about spies?  (Read 2512 times)

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So how about spies?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 06:18:53 pm »

Rub them with a beard or two.

Survivors: Dwarves
Everyone else: Dead spies
[Signature]

Axedwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 07:23:07 pm »

they are migrants, why bother?

The spy will be working as a soldier 24/7 anyway, no time for him to sabotage.
After killing 3 waves of his peers, he will have to question himself a bit before sabotaging anyway.
attend party
Skilled axedwarf
talented engraver
novice soap maker
dabbling potash maker
dabbling student

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 07:36:46 pm »

Unless he "accidentally" takes out a few of his "fellow soldiers"' limbs during "training".
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 07:39:23 pm »

Accidents don't happen anymore.  Any "dwarf" causing a training accident is to report to the & burrow at once.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

TheChosen

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 05:15:45 pm »

Or he might lose his equipment, destroy others equipment or lorry around somewhere else when he's supposed to be fighting (avoiding the eye of the player).
TheChosen cancels Mega-project: Too sane

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 07:06:50 pm »

Maybe not just trap-avoid; They could disable traps and mechanics, open doors and bridges and release animals and prisoners from their cages. They're not just there to steal like an average kobold or goblings: They're here to sabotage!
So in other words, gremlins? I wonder what happened to them, they were there in the 2D era but I guess they didn't get carried over yet.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 07:28:25 pm »

gremlins are still around. i've encountered a few trying to enter various forts. and also usually have a pair among my embark pets... (they're pretty good ambushers, so pet ones from embark or ordered through liason crossbows and enjoy sniping things during ambushes...or just if a wild animal gets too close)

TheChosen

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 08:17:54 pm »

Maybe not just trap-avoid; They could disable traps and mechanics, open doors and bridges and release animals and prisoners from their cages. They're not just there to steal like an average kobold or goblings: They're here to sabotage!
So in other words, gremlins? I wonder what happened to them, they were there in the 2D era but I guess they didn't get carried over yet.

Yes, quite so. But these try to remain undetected and unlike Gremlings, they have some sort of brain and at least a knife.
TheChosen cancels Mega-project: Too sane

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 08:24:11 pm »

Well I assume for this to work there would either have to be multiple dwarven civilizations who fight with eachother, or you can get migrants who aren't only dwarves.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 08:29:42 pm »

I heard that Gremlins have a population of 1:1 and are thus very rare.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 08:31:40 pm »

Yes, quite so. But these try to remain undetected and unlike Gremlings, they have some sort of brain and at least a knife.
That's how it used to work: Gremlins would be stealthed and they'd pull your levers, open cages and unlock doors if you didn't have guards keeping watch of your important locations. Worse, they used to spawn from inside the mountain in the 2D era so you couldn't just "choke point" watch the front door and be done with them.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 11:02:53 pm »

I'm for the fire test.  Catch them on fire; Runs to river: spy.  Casually walks into dining hall: dwarf.

Wouldn't it be more "Runs to put self out: spy.  Runs to booze stockpile, blowing themselves up along with anyone nearby in a horrific fireball that spreads flames everywhere, potentially killing the fort: Dwarf"

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 11:38:21 pm »

Don't forget: Drinks booze from cup; Spy. Lifts barrel over their alcohol intake port; Dwarf.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 11:52:53 pm »

Actually, dwarves are known to just rub the barrel against their stomachs, and whatever splashes out is absorbed.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 11:53:48 pm »

Really? I thought that it was more like a car filling up on gas!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4