Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: So how about spies?  (Read 2505 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: So how about spies?
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 11:56:36 pm »

A dwarf's mouth isn't for eating or drinking.  It's for war.  Biting is a sacred art.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 12:00:02 am »

I Was talking about pulling their regenerated umbilical cord out and sucking out the beer directly out of the barrel using that!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 12:01:34 am »

Don't be silly. An umbilical cord would have gotten them killed LONG ago!
No, Dwarven babies slowly and methodically EAT their ways out of their mothers, so as to avoid getting killed by the booze that would go through them otherwise.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 12:02:16 am »

Ok, back to spies, these guys could potentially be very dangerous.  Saboteurs, suicide bombers, a lot of other stuff, these things will most likely cause as much mayhem in your fort so that the sieges and surgical strikes ambushes completely crush you. 

Perhaps spies should be coded to recognize extremely dangerous things like megabeasts and demons, and do their best to unleash them. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 12:04:52 am »

Don't you realize that this is suppose to be in suggestions. Perhaps that's why we are dancing on this topic so hard.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2011, 12:05:09 am »

Fun fact: mod in a race to be skulking, not siege, [LIKES_FIGHTING], [NO_FEAR] and other oddities.  Then make them drop a flaming rock upon death.  Result: babysnatcher arrives, gets killed by a passing dorf, and suddenly explodes when surrounded.

Also, dwarven babies are tumors.  "Birth" is when the tumor becomes too large and the flesh detaches, dropping like a lump of mashed potatoes when the stress point is reached.  This is why mothers never bother with maternity leave, and why a dwarf has to Seek Infant after birth, because it's born by dropping on the ground.  They have to pick it up.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2011, 12:05:48 am »

Or better, spies could be coded to recognize the best profession with which to kill people:
Hammer-dwarves, for their judicious murder of your dwarves.
Doctors, for their lack of doing anything useful in time for the Dwarf not to bleed out..(Or, in the case of a spy, 'Botching' a surgery.)
And Engineers, for their capability to create fortress-destroying creations without so much as a second glance.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011, 12:22:10 am »

The most terrifying thing an infiltrator could do to a thriving fort is to sit in the dining hall for 3 years, and then step outside into the nearest siege.  All the planning, tricking, sabotage, and misinformation available could never compare to the damage done by a single dwarf in a tantrum.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2011, 12:24:14 am »

An extremely sociable, unanimously loved, infiltrator?  Now that's a realistic spy. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2011, 12:33:56 am »

An extremely sociable, unanimously loved, infiltrator?  Now that's a realistic spy.
The problem is that that kind of spy is not possible. They would never fit in due to them not being able to love the magma as much as any dwarf.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2011, 12:37:56 am »

...unless it was an enemy dwarf civ.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2011, 12:41:07 am »

FOOL! ANY DWARF THAT WOULD NOT OBEY PSYCHIC SUGGESTIONS FROM AN OBVIOUSLY BELLIGERENT UNHOLY LORD IS NOT A DWARF AT ALL!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2011, 12:43:07 am »

What about merchants?

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2011, 12:48:32 am »

Why certainly they are spy's.  8)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2011, 01:29:49 am »

Why certainly they are spy's.  8)

Best way to check is to drown them and go through their goods.  To make sure they're telling the truth, of course.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4