Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 280815 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #4440 on: December 04, 2011, 06:49:14 pm »

"Lilac, sweetie, where are your brothers?"

((It was a filly and two colts, right?))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: December 04, 2011, 06:56:50 pm »

((Dunno...))

"I don't know..."
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: December 04, 2011, 07:04:54 pm »

"Alright, that's okay. Just run along with Mister..."

He turns to the stranger.

"I can tell by your garb you're a Comissar, but I never caught your name."

He extends a hoof.

"Captain Starkey, Glitterglen Militia."
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: December 04, 2011, 07:09:41 pm »

"Commissar Anias Abel, attached to Glitterglen." I said as I returned the hoofshake. At least somepony here in the militia was competent. I'd come to rely on him in the future.

After I took Lilac back to my room, I got Schmutz to keep her company, and headed back down to meet up with the captain again.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: December 04, 2011, 07:19:33 pm »

Abel returns to find the room cordoned off. The door guards part to allow him through. Inside, he finds the room much as he left it, with a few exceptions: a number of objects of interest have been labeled with strips of parchment bearing numbers, and both bodies have been roughly traced with chalk.

"It's been a while since I was a guard, but I think I did alright, wouldn't you agree?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: December 04, 2011, 07:25:00 pm »

"Looks to be so," I agreed, inwardly surprised at his efficiency. It was much quicker done than I'd expected. "What are the salient points, captain?"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: December 04, 2011, 07:35:17 pm »

*sigh*,"Nothing we don't already know, I'm afraid."

"The victim was stabbed here, in the entryway. Her wounds matched the attacker's knife. He dragged her - or she crawled, we can't tell - into the closet, here. You found her, and brought her out into the hallway, where she died. Between the attack and the encounter in the kitchen, we don't know what the killer was doing. We haven't found the other foals, either. For the best, really: I'd rather they didn't see this."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: December 04, 2011, 07:36:56 pm »

"Alright. Lilac claims that she wasn't let in last night. Any chance that was when it happened?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: December 04, 2011, 07:42:51 pm »

"Not likely. The killer's blade tore open an artery. With a wound like that, she wouldn't have survived more than half an hour after being stabbed. Which means the attack happened not long before you arrived."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:44:53 pm by Impending Doom »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: December 04, 2011, 07:46:15 pm »

"Hmm. Okay. Was the knife Crest's personal knife or from the armoury?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: December 04, 2011, 07:51:08 pm »

"His own, it's monogrammed."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: December 04, 2011, 07:55:57 pm »

Well, there were no clues there. As far as it looked, we were dealing with a single pony attack. But there was no proper motive! The pony's friend was dead. No point getting revenge for him. And where did he get the poison to ensure his death? It just didn't make sense, and my hoof was still twitching. Somewhere in this fortress, somepony had helped this one commit murder, and I didn't like it one bit.

"Well, what about his death? Any clue on the poison or who could have made it?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: December 04, 2011, 07:59:40 pm »

"Nothing outwardly. We'll have to take him to Doc Bubbles for an autopsy if we want to know more."

He shakes his head.

"I just don't get it. Kil was a bitch, aye, and what she did to Carrot was... inexcusable. But does killing her and orphaning their children solve anything?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: December 04, 2011, 08:04:06 pm »

"Until we find the other children, you may wish to amend that to orphaning their child."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: December 04, 2011, 08:10:39 pm »

his blood runs cold.

"N-No. We didn't find any other bodies, or signs of struggle. Surely they've just run off to play? O-Or perhaps they became worried when Kil turned Lilac away, and went looking for her?"
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 665