Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210015 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 3: ISRAND RISE! Nipping your sister.
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2011, 07:47:15 am »

Oh man I have been so busy. Sorry guys! Try to gain acceptance from the large creature.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 4: *Flap flap flap CRACK!* Failpush. Steak humans.
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2011, 03:44:17 am »

Right, one more turn (after this one) until you guys get to stop being big babies (literally) and get to be big children (literally).

Scientia backs away slightly, pouting. She turns, and curious, extends her wings. Grinning slightly, she flaps them experimentally.
Try to hover for a second or two, perhaps move around a bit.
[Str: 3][Agi: 4+1]: You flap your wings. You know, you've never really tried them out before.

*Flap, flap, flap, flap, flap* Your mother eyes you curiously. You flap your wings like an expert.

Umm... is something supposed to happen? Because you're getting mighty tired flapping your wings. Oh, you're not flapping hard enough to take off! But you feel slightly lighter, at least.

Also, you sister pushes you to no effect. What's she doing?

Oh well at least you're stronger. +1 Strength for flapping your wings a little. But that's pretty much all you did with that 3. +3 Agility for that 5.

Semakhet had a feeling the rock wasn't that valuable, but it was a nice find nevertheless.

Semakhet proudly shows the rock to mother
You push your mother a little. She groans a little then wakes up.

"You found Silver... huh, I didn't know there was silver in here."

She scratches the bright rock off of the walls with her claws.

"Play with it... leave me alone please, mother needs her rest."

You look at the silver. [Int: 3] It's shiny and embedded in some rock.

That's all you figure out about it.

No stat modifiers.

Eat that (whatever mom tossed me), and sleep. Try to do something intelligent in the dream if I get a dream.
You eat the thing. It's tough, but you feel a strong instinct to keep eating...

...eventually, you fill yourself up, and promptly fall asleep.

[3]: You get a generic dream of your egg. Since... you haven't did much since you hatched. You don't get any smarter.

Anthramarux first instinct was to touch the strange rock of the flag-it felt totally cold and smooth and unlike anything she had ever felt before-and, it sort of looked like...pretty! Antramarux felt the strong desire to take it! It was fragile like the wind, so she had to be careful.

But first, she inspected the statue closely.

It wasn't like her-a Dragon-it was something else entirely. It's scales were strange, for one, and instead of a mouth with teeth, it had a big block..a..a..beak? So, there were other creatures, other than her and her mother?

Anthramarux was lost in thought. How many other sorts of creatures might exist, like and not like her? Would they all have treasure? Would they all fly? She was too eager to find out! But, she didn't know how to phrase any of this into actual questions, so she concentrated on the second most interesting thing-the strange squiggle designs. For one, they we're too straight and long to be natural. She had already seen and traced similiar lines on the floor of the cave, and none of them we're this neat. Something had to make the lines, when they made the not-a-Dragon into shiny metal.

She thought it must be nice, being made of shiny metal...maybe, when she was bigger, she would make her own shiny metal things.

Action: Anthramarux takes the whole statue back to her nest, trying to thank her mother in the cutest tiny dragon voice. Then she carefully removes the Amber Gem, leaving the statue to one side for further investigation, and begins marveling at it's wonder!
You look at the statue after carefully removing the gem flag. It has a strange pattern with lighter and darker ambers...

Strips of lighter-colored amber decorates the top and bottom. The middle is a darker amber. On the top right, there is an image of a... bird, the same one as that golden statue. On the bottom-right, is an image of an even smaller flag; which has two stripes splitting it left and right: Left is very bright, the right is very dark.

[Int: 6+2]: You will remember this flag pattern and golden statue for the rest of your life. The image, burned into your young childhood memories. You will recognize the banner instantly should you see it.

That's the reward in itself. Remembering who this statue is valuable to. As they would pay you extremely well for it.

...Oh okay, an additional +3 along with it. But no more! For god's sake you have extremely high intelligence! Stop being smart!

Varkonis let out a small cry as his mother flew off. Abandoning the creature, he wandered off, using trial-and-error to figure out which ways of moving hurt and which ways didn't, as well as which ways were more effective.

Practise walking/moving without hurting myself, and other physical such things. (Because at the rate I'm going... Well, I'm going to be the weakest Dragon in the group, mentally. I was geared towards physical anyways. But hey, at least I won't have a taste for Humans, right?)
Spoiler: About taste for humans (click to show/hide)

You make a adorable cry when your mother flies away. Then wander off.

[Agi:5]: You manage to walk in the most awesome way possible. If you wanted to, you could moonwalk. No, not really.

Your mother comes back, with a red thing. She drops it in front of you. "Eat, son." She then goes back to sleep.

+2 Agility so you can moonwalk bettar.

Amazed by that other dragon's skill in jumping (read: flying) Kin himself wanted to do so. Jumping, jumping, ever so higher but never as high as it. Maybe, he thought to himself, there is a trick to it.

Kin attempted to fly using wings he may or may not have developed yet.
[Str: 2][Agi: 1]: That was an amazing fail.

You flap your wings. *Flap, flap, flap, flap, CRACK!* A bone breaks in your left wing.

You flapped them so horribly that your wings were bent in multiple directions. It's obvious as to why the bone broke.

You also didn't put enough strength into them.

At least you only broke one wing. Still, you cry in pain. Your mother lectures you. "You really should not bend your limbs in odd ways unless you want to loose all your limbs." She sets your wing back straight rather forcefully. It hurts a lot. And it's still broken afterwards. "Don't move it, it needs to heal."

As a result of that bad roll, strength takes a hit of -1, agility -2. You also loose 1 HP.

KNock my sister over!
[Str: 2]: You make a very very poor attempt to knock your sister over.

Your mother reacts. "Dear, what are you doing?"

No stat changes from your half-assed push, but -2 charisma from reacting in a hostile manner to your sister. Short temper is not very charismatic, and you're not controlling your temper.

Dream of a delicious empire over a group of humans or whatnot. If I wake up, attempt to crawl up the blue dragon's body.
[6]: You dream of an empire of steak-humans.

Errr, right, carrying on you wake up. And attempt to get up the blue dragon's body.

[Str: 3]: You only make it half way up the tail. Your mother eyes you curiously.

No stat change.

Try to gain acceptance from the large creature.
[Str: Below Average]
[Tou: Below Average]
[Cha: Above Average]
[Intim: Above Average]

You roar in a strength mightier than you look. Your father looks at your body, and is disappointed. "You certainly sound strong and look intimidating, but your body does not match your spirit."

You believe that he's indifferent towards you.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

And there, all done. Now to see how long it takes until everyone has posted. I bet it'll be less than a day. D:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2011, 05:17:23 am »

Flap my wings through natural reflex, continue moving around. Also swing tail, to get used to it. (If all of these actions are viable)

Oh, and eat.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:27:09 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2011, 07:48:34 am »

Mother was useless. The large creature from earlier had seemed friendly. It would appreciate the shiny thing she'd found.

Samakhet tries to find the man who came her the vegetable again and give him the silver
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2011, 08:17:21 am »

Growing tired of flapping, Scientia decides to explore the cave a little, and searches for something interesting.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2011, 10:39:01 am »

Is my leg healed now?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2011, 10:49:08 am »

Well, alright then. Go hunting around the general vicinity for something small to catch and maybe eat.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2011, 11:13:28 am »

Is my leg healed now?
Sorta.

It can handle basic things like walking and standing, but it cannot handle rough things like running and jumping.

When we hit the child phase, it will be fully healed.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2011, 11:15:10 am »

Walk around, see what is here that I missed from sitting around with a broken leg.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2011, 11:28:01 am »

Feeling much too sore to fly again Kin went back into the cave and started to look around it once again. Surely, he would be able to find something of interest this time.

Kin began to look for anything that could help him ease the pain, but failing that he started to search for something that would catch his interest, something that is shiny or has squiggly patterns on it (read: text, history).

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2011, 01:48:33 pm »

Anthramarux laid the pretty statue aside, almost forgetting about as soon as she had done so. There were so many things to learn about...she wondered if there was anyone else in this cave, beside her mother...maybe a beak creature? Or more shinies! Time for exploring!

Anthramarux begins exploring the cave! Look for shiny things mother might have misplaced...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2011, 05:30:28 pm »

Attempt to FLAPFLAPFLAP fly up to the blue dragons head.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2011, 12:48:22 pm »

Elfeater?

Hmm... he hasn't been active since the 24th...

I'll auto him if he doesn't post either within two days or by tomorrow, depending on how I feel.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2011, 12:58:26 am »

SOrry school Look at mother and her shinny stuff *CUDDLE*
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, time to get going again. Sorry about taking so long, was busy with my cousin the day before yesterday and didn't feel like it.

Flap my wings through natural reflex, continue moving around. Also swing tail, to get used to it. (If all of these actions are viable)

Oh, and eat.

[Agi:2]: You try to flap your wings, but you're too sluggish with them.

You try to swing your tail, but you can't do anything but drag it on the ground.

You eat your food. You feel sleepy... you go to sleep.

Samakhet tries to find the man who came her the vegetable again and give him the silver
You try and try to find the man, but cannot find him without traveling an unsafe distance away from your cave. He left long ago.

You return home, and feel sleepy... you go to sleep.

Growing tired of flapping, Scientia decides to explore the cave a little, and searches for something interesting.

[Int: 5+2 good god]: You look around for fancy stuff... You find some shiny stone on a ledge! You scratch for it and it falls down... into your open, interested mouth! You gag for a second before the stone disintegrates. You feel strange.

Hmmm, you must have swallowed a Magic stone! How you know this, you do not know (your roll of 7).

What will this bring for you in the future? You have no idea. It's something good enough to forgo giving you a bonus to intelligence.

Go hunting around the general vicinity for something small to catch and maybe eat.
[Int: 2+1][Agi: 4]: You run around and find a strange creature. Shiny, and ((bug like, can't find a word for it)). You manage to catch it and eat it.

Ehhh, it's so-so. Your stomach hurts a little, though.

+2 Agility for catching it.

You feel sleepy... And fall asleep.

Walk around, see what is here that I missed from sitting around with a broken leg.
[Int: 2+1]: You walk around and look for stuff. Picking the routes closest to you.

...Pile of rotting things... worthless.

...Pile of sharp somewhat-shiny gray things... worthless.

...Pile of cracked shiny things... mostly worthless.

...Pile of bright hot red things in the corner. No touchy, mother says.

Yeah, great finds.

No stat change for yous.

You feel sleepy... you fall asleep.

Feeling much too sore to fly again Kin went back into the cave and started to look around it once again. Surely, he would be able to find something of interest this time.

Kin began to look for anything that could help him ease the pain, but failing that he started to search for something that would catch his interest, something that is shiny or has squiggly patterns on it (read: text, history).
(You didn't fly, you only flapped your wings.)

[Int: 1]: You look for things that can help you ease the pain.

You find some shiny fungus. You rub your wings against it.

[RNG says: Pain]: IT HURTS OH GOOD LORD IT HURTS SO MUCH!

You scream in pain and try to make it stop! While running and walking around, you smack your head straight into a rock. And fall asleep.

-2 Intelligence from concussion.

Anthramarux laid the pretty statue aside, almost forgetting about as soon as she had done so. There were so many things to learn about...she wondered if there was anyone else in this cave, beside her mother...maybe a beak creature? Or more shinies! Time for exploring!

Anthramarux begins exploring the cave! Look for shiny things mother might have misplaced...
[Int: 5+2, wow]: You explore the cave, and promptly take a left first thing.

You find THE MOTHERLOAD of all treasures. Mountains upon mountains of the stuff!

So... beautiful. You sit on top of them, and fall asleep... on top of a golden winged humanoid statue that is likely valuable to someone else.

Man you are just full of the stuff.

No stat changes since once again, big rewards for returning said items.

Attempt to FLAPFLAPFLAP fly up to the blue dragons head.
[Str: 1][Agi: 5+1]: You try to fly up to your mother. And you flap your wings gracefully. But, as you jump off your mother's tail to fly, you fall directly into the ground.

...Your wings appear to be weak. You aren't as strong as you thought you were... on the other hand, flapping your wings seems to come to you naturally.

So, trade-off: -5 Strength. +5 Agility.

You feel sleepy and fall asleep.

SOrry school Look at mother and her shinny stuff *CUDDLE*
[Cha: 2+1]: You hug mother. She looks confused: You just switched from being angry to being happy. Are you bi-polar?

No stat changes.

You feel sleepy and fall asleep.

Alright, onto the Child stage. Note that all of your characters are now some years older.

Let's see what this means:

Positive:
You can now understand words, but know how to speak only a little.
You now get clear descriptions of things, rather than vague descriptions.
You are now somewhat more dangerous, being the size of a middle-point between a horse and a large dog.

Negative:
I will not be as gentle.
Your character's personality should now be more aggressive and active.
Your character will now be much more curious, meaning more likely to examine things closely. That includes lava, acid, and/or dangerous creatures without your consent if it doesn't appear to be threatening.
Your stats will deteriorate slowly if you never exercise them at least once every 5 turns.

Let's review your turns to see how I should modify your stats according to SERIOUS events:
Talarion: No serious events.
Aklyon: Your leg never completely recovers. If your legs were tested equally, the one that was broken would break first. At least no shards are in no place to cause bleeding. -3 Agility.
Dermonster: You learned to talk early. And, you can talk much more fluently as a child. +5 Charisma.
Repulsion: You had a stressful time early on, gaining an unnatural fear of deep, dark holes. This isn't good for your intelligence. -2 Intelligence.
Digital Hellhound: You learn that humans are nice people. This is only partially true. Anyway, the man comes back multiple times, and is convinced to let him in. He teaches you *Random pick from Agi, Int, and Cha* how to talk to people without offending them. +5 Charisma.
Freeformschooler: You tried to make your father impressed with you. Ultimately, you failed. This was deteriorative to your self confidence. You can turn this around with time, but you will still be disappointed with your past self. -3 Charisma.
KineseN: You wing hurts for the rest of your babyhood. This is deteriorative, since you avoid using it as a result. -2 Agility.
Elfeater: Your relation with your sister remains negative despite her lack of negative actions towards you. Since she's the only company around while mom's gone, this is deteriorative to your charisma. -3 Charisma.
Dwarmin: You are extremely curious. You examine every single thing you come by. While this may be good in one way, your curiosity may be a problem! You may ask things that people don't want to talk about! +3 Intelligence.

The Child state will last until, say, turn 20. Unless anyone objects.

Now, for the heck of it, incoming rolls for events! AKA what is happening this particular day?
Talarion: [4]: Your mother brings home some thin things with black squiggles on them.
Aklyon: [3]: Nothing really interesting happens. Just an ordinary day, but you feel especially energetic.
Dermonster and Elfeater: [1]: You hear voices outside of your cave. Your mother is asleep. "Jargig, Anlos, approach from the other side. We'll soon be swimming in gold!"
Repulsion: [6]: A big dragon comes into your cave. Your father! He's finally home! He talks to your mother, gasping for breath. "I... I have to rest... sorry... the humans... coming..." He then promptly falls to the ground and tries to slow his breathing and calm down. Who are these "Humans"?
Digital Hellhound: [2]: One day, you see the man climbing up the hill. However, he's taking unusually long this time. You can't see him. You have a bad feeling about this.
Freeformschooler: [3]: Nothing really interesting happens. Just an ordinary day, but you feel especially energetic.
KineseN: [6]: One day, a big dragon comes back to the cave. A male. Your father. He looks at you, and is severely angered by you looking like your mother, but before smiting you decides to give you a chance. "Son, I'm willing to give you one chance to prove yourself. Find yourself a mountain lion or bear, and kill it. Bring a bit of it's hide. You cannot come back without it. Go." You look at mother, and she just looks away, somewhat sad, but expectant of this. On the bright side, if you survive, father will be happy with you, rather than wanting to kill you.
Dwarmin: [1]: One day, near the cave entrance, you hear voices. "Finally, we're here. After many long years... I saw the dragon that took the statue of Disidel around here. This must be it's nest. Be ready for anything." Uh oh, sounds like trouble.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

If you noticed me being more... rough, then you're right: I am. Because as it stands you are all gaining stats EXTREMELY FAST with almost no losses.

Anyway, it's now Dwarmin's turn to update his. Quickly, our new competition is really kicking our asses. :o

Also, I removed colors from Recent changes, since they're just more pointless work.

Lastly, if you notice any mistakes, point them out. This was a larger turn than the norm.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 136