Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210018 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 2: Boring (x5). Yay (x2). OH GOD (x2).
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2011, 04:51:43 pm »

I was as sleepy as HELL yesterday. And it was hot.

Now, it's just hot.

...I'll see what I can do.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 3: ISRAND RISE! Nipping your sister.
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2011, 11:37:15 pm »

Here, take this turn, it's all I have!

Now leave me alone for another day! Please, I don't have anything else!

Eat the creature. I'm hungry.
[Int: 2]: You try to eat the creature, but the shiny armor it's wearing is in the way.

You suffer a bad sting to stats relating to choosing to eat the human.

-5 Charisma and Intelligence. However, outside of stats, I put down a note giving you an easier time intimidating people by threatening to eat them.

Your mother gets up and notices you trying to eat the human. She sees you failing to eat him. "Wait, son, I'll get something for you..." She then walks out off the cave. You are still hungry. You did not understand her.

Anthramarux was intrigued by the shiny things. They sure seemed important to large creature...she wondered why? Out of curiosity, Anthramarux wandered over to the pile of shiny things, and began mimicking her mothers counting and sorting-she doesn't know how to count exactly yet, but she can act as if she is. This is fun!

Watch the Large Creature carefully. Mimic what she does with the shiny things, on a smaller scale of course.
[Int: 4+2]: You watch the large creature, as she picks up and carefully drops small gold things on the ground. You try the same, gaining the attention of your mother.

"You like the shiny gold coins?" She chuckles. "Well I suppose I can spare something for you. It's better than a gold coin." She hands you a large, very smooth gold statue of a bird, holding a amber flag. There is a gold block-sign beneath it, it says... "FOR: Second army of Isrand: 'Army of the People', lost in it's entirety combat in The Battle of Manados Hill. Your sacrifices will never be forgotten. Your loyalty and love to your fellow countrymen unmatched. ISRAND RISE!". ...You don't understand most of the words, but you have the feeling that this was very important to someone.

How you react to this will effect stats. Greed, interest, or disinterest?

Anyway, for your curiosity, you gain intelligence. +3 only, though, since you honestly don't need any more already having a +2 bonus. :o And I'm trying to restrain the numbers I hand out now.

OOC: Isrand is a kingdom that I'm making up that's been in a major war before. You'll know once I'm done with everything on nations.

Snatch a coin then go kill a rat
[Agi: 3+1] You grab a coin then try and kill a rat.

You do so, catching it by the claws, and eating it.

Oh, and your sister is nipping at you for some reason. Mildly annoying...

That's it. No more flavor, that's it. I have no idea how you reacted to the gold since you didn't give me ANY hints, but as far as I can tell it is best described as "disinterested". Thus you gained or lost no stats. For eating the rat, you gain +2 agility. Yes, I am trying to clamp down on non-serious choice stat changes.

Feeling tired Kin lied down and coiled his tail around himself. While it wasn't like his old home he felt more secure. It didn't last long until something nagged him in the back of his head and he stood up again.

"Where is mother drake?" he wondered and started walking out the cave, searching outside for her to learn more of the nature around the cave.
[Int: 5]: Oh! There she is! Smacking some other large creature away with her tail.

"GET OFF MY LAND YOU HOMELESS WEAKLING."

She's talking to him! How cute, you think. Not knowing the meaning of what she's saying.

"What did I do wrong?! I was just getting a drink!" The other one responds. He flies away.

Well, I'm not going to let that 5 go to waste, so let's just say you learned how to get young innocent nomad dragons off your land and gained 3 Intelligence.

Nuvian, suffice to say, was not impressed with herself. If she's not going to float in her egg any more, she has to learn how to walk! Gather my strength and do something simpler: stand up on my hind legs (for a moment, anyways)
[Str: 3]: You breefly stagger upwards, your legs feeling a little pain, as they seem weaker than they should be. You then stagger back down to the ground.

The large creature keeps his attention on you. He seems mildly interested by your persistence.

No stat changes as nothing notable happened.

Also, did you know you were just one point from a -1 penalty to that roll?

Her stomach full, if feeling somewhat strange, Semakhet turned her attention to more important things. Namely, treasure hunting!

Semakhet looks around for anything shiny
Your stomach aches a little. And you grip it a little as pain flares up for a short bit, but it dies down.

[3, what is with all of these 3s?]: You look around for some shiny things. The best you can find is a piece of rough shiny rock embedded in the wall. It is lustrous white.

Hmmmmm... you feel a very slight urge to have it. But feel like it's somewhat "worthless" in a way. Still, it's the first of it's kind you've ever seen! And thus you are VERY interested in it.

Scientia eyes the other dragon, and grins.
Run around the slightly younger dragon and nip at her.
[Agi: 4]: You run around your sister, nipping her randomly. While she doesn't seem to enjoy it, you do.

The running is good for your legs, and you gain 2 agility for that. Say hi to a +1 bonus.

"Stop nipping your sister, dear. It's not nice." The large creature says. You don't understand what she's saying.

Cevitil gave a loud whine as he looked up the narrow hole that he had fallen into. Attempting to crawl out of the shaft several times and failing, Cevitil gives a frustrated snort and attempts to climb out with a burst of energy.

Attempt to climb out of the hole, utilizing my superior agility.
[Agi: 2+1]: You scratch and claw your way out of the hole. Using your pure ability to run fast in order to get out.

It works, but you were so inelegant that you're absolutely exhausted and collapse into sleep once you're safe.

+1 toughness and +2 agility. Now unconscious.

stay put, learn some of patience.
[Int: 1+1]: You are too excited! Adrenaline pumping through your body, you don't know why you sh-ARGH THAT HURTS.

Jumping around a lot, you further hurt yourself.

-1 HP.

Your mother comes back with a large creature in her mouth. And promptly drops it in front of you. "Here, eat this, and sleep. That leg needs to heal, don't move it." You don't understand the words, but you can tell what she's thinking, since she's looking at your leg.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Now, leave me alone with the bumps! You almost broke my chair!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2011, 11:52:31 pm »

Scientia backs away slightly, pouting. She turns, and curious, extends her wings. Grinning slightly, she flaps them experimentally.
Try to hover for a second or two, perhaps move around a bit.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2011, 12:22:05 am »

Semakhet had a feeling the rock wasn't that valuable, but it was a nice find nevertheless.

Semakhet proudly shows the rock to mother
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2011, 12:31:37 am »

Eat that (whatever mom tossed me), and sleep. Try to do something intelligent in the dream if I get a dream.

I don't have a broken leg, but I do have a major sunburn on one of my legs, so I agree with that ARGH. (also, woo for having highest HP! I'll need it at this rate.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2011, 12:42:39 am »

Anthramarux first instinct was to touch the strange rock of the flag-it felt totally cold and smooth and unlike anything she had ever felt before-and, it sort of looked like...pretty! Antramarux felt the strong desire to take it! It was fragile like the wind, so she had to be careful.

But first, she inspected the statue closely.

It wasn't like her-a Dragon-it was something else entirely. It's scales were strange, for one, and instead of a mouth with teeth, it had a big block..a..a..beak? So, there were other creatures, other than her and her mother?

Anthramarux was lost in thought. How many other sorts of creatures might exist, like and not like her? Would they all have treasure? Would they all fly? She was too eager to find out! But, she didn't know how to phrase any of this into actual questions, so she concentrated on the second most interesting thing-the strange squiggle designs. For one, they we're too straight and long to be natural. She had already seen and traced similiar lines on the floor of the cave, and none of them we're this neat. Something had to make the lines, when they made the not-a-Dragon into shiny metal.

She thought it must be nice, being made of shiny metal...maybe, when she was bigger, she would make her own shiny metal things.

Action: Anthramarux takes the whole statue back to her nest, trying to thank her mother in the cutest tiny dragon voice. Then she carefully removes the Amber Gem, leaving the statue to one side for further investigation, and begins marveling at it's wonder!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:56:21 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2011, 12:51:53 am »

The amber flag is a little too small for you to wear. By large I mean nearly-human-head-sized. The flag would be very small.

And even if it were big, you can't wear amber like a fabric. :P

Though I apologize for not making those two facts distinct.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2011, 01:12:35 am »

Varkonis let out a small cry as his mother flew off. Abandoning the creature, he wandered off, using trial-and-error to figure out which ways of moving hurt and which ways didn't, as well as which ways were more effective.

Practise walking/moving without hurting myself, and other physical such things. (Because at the rate I'm going... Well, I'm going to be the weakest Dragon in the group, mentally. I was geared towards physical anyways. But hey, at least I won't have a taste for Humans, right?)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2011, 02:13:06 pm »

Amazed by that other dragon's skill in jumping (read: flying) Kin himself wanted to do so. Jumping, jumping, ever so higher but never as high as it. Maybe, he thought to himself, there is a trick to it.

Kin attempted to fly using wings he may or may not have developed yet.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2011, 03:54:44 pm »

KNock my sister over!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2011, 05:08:25 pm »

I sense the beginning of a rivalry.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2011, 07:04:52 pm »

Dream of a delicious empire over a group of humans or whatnot. If I wake up, attempt to crawl up the blue dragon's body.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2011, 07:37:22 pm »

Dream of a delicious empire over a group of humans or whatnot. If I wake up, attempt to crawl up the blue dragon's body.

I don't think it's possible to choose what you dream about.
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2011, 08:08:43 pm »

I'll roll for it.

A 1 will lead to dreaming of ponies. I'm sure everyone likes ponies!

Dwarmin, IronyOwl, Draignean, Wolfchild and Taricus would know why I choose ponies.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2011, 01:38:48 pm »

Freeformschooler? Where are you? I like using the "Player hasn't posted" excuse to not update but as a GM it's my job to bug you anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 136