Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286428 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9360 on: January 07, 2012, 03:12:59 pm »

Search for other swordsman. If I find any hire them (Recruit a Group of Swordsman with my Ducats)

Could i get a roll for this please?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: January 07, 2012, 05:32:11 pm »

I only specified three skills: Charisma, Stealth and Banking.  The letters of accreditation are purely fluff but essentially so that the cashier doesn't say "no, work your way from the ground up in a position where you can do nothing at all", on account of that would be rather un-fun.  I believe I can find ways in which Banking would have real applications (espionage for one).

If those three skills are alright (and all other assets amount to pocket change) I'll stick with them.  o_0
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: January 07, 2012, 05:38:15 pm »

Works, i just thought the 'healthy amount of spending money' was something larger than a fluffable amount

Sure, stick to the skills, we can figure out banking later

Also: PM me the trade edits you have if you're done

Search for other swordsman. If I find any hire them (Recruit a Group of Swordsman with my Ducats)

Could i get a roll for this please?

if no one else does, i will when i get off work
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: January 07, 2012, 06:41:11 pm »

Hey, CG, can you roll this for me?

My roll request

I'll find Thatkid's in a moment.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: January 07, 2012, 06:55:56 pm »

Mine is less a roll request, and more an "ok, so the Polca guard will apparently follow me within reason. How many do I have? What are polca's defenses?"

Once I've got that info, he's just gonna meet with William and then...I guess they'll put the plan they work out there into action?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: January 08, 2012, 01:36:06 am »

Hey adwarf, happen to be able to give me your char's full name so i can add it to the wiki?

Nevermind

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: January 10, 2012, 07:04:41 am »

One thing about Ligorian government: since leone/avitus ceased to appear in game, are we to turn him into an NPC or do we want to erase him from the game? University was his initiative after all, and I would expect him to be the first provost/dean, and also he is the head of civil service (or was under Laythe). Quite an important role and needed for Ligorian research.

P.S: Get on with that council meeting gawddaumn!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: January 11, 2012, 12:35:47 am »

You can do research and crap with the university itself - there will be no PC requirement for it

You'll need the university itself with or without him

Might as well hold him as an NPC until/ he returns

NOTE:

Iituem just supplied me his notes on the trade changes. So far they look decently awesome. It'll add a bit of micromanagement to Kings, and GMs, but an excel spreadsheet or 2 will solve the problem entirely ^.^ So far I'm liking it. It makes merchant players less boring and more useful to the game in general. There's actually incentive to playing one now.

He's also proposed a lot of other additions - like Dis/Order and various other methods of which to punch lazy monarchs with ^.^ The only downside to this is that i'm gonna be spending a lot of time editing the wiki >.>

2nd Note: I forsee few changes needing to be made. After spending some time reading everythign and understanding the logical process here - I snicker with glee. I love it all. Some provisions will need to be made to prevent the system from collapsing under the weight of a lack of merchantile players, and this new system will also cut tax incomes (very slightly). Advantage is that the cut in income is offset by other rulings to spend a small amount up front to prevent and/or increase future gains.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:48:56 am by CyberGenesis »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: January 11, 2012, 04:48:27 am »

I like the emphasis on domestic politics now that you have new rules to play with. More work for shoot and the council. And Leone/avitus will remain a npc for now.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: January 11, 2012, 04:55:18 am »

Advantage to the new system? The spreadsheet of trades can go away now (in theory). Just trying to wrap my head around a few things before i post the proposed changes

Scratch that: It'll be a new spreadsheet that'll also include the trade agreements of kingdoms on top of the player ones

No promises are made for the coherence of the following. How much is kept and how much is burned is in the air - but I favor a good majority of this. There's a small bit of things that need to be worked out

Spoiler: Raw Form of Notes (click to show/hide)

EDITS:

On top of these changes, i forsee some Kingomd 'upkeep' being paid each SEASON for insufficient goods. This does slightly drain the tax income for a kingdom over the course of the year (deals can obviously be made with other kingdoms to satisfy needs), but this is also an incentive to stop failing as a leader. However, a route from point A to B carrying type X good will contribute 1 tier-unit per season to the importing kingdom by default. Logic: Merchants will use routes carved by other merchants. So if a player successfully creates a route, the kingdom benefits by default.

In positions where the default good would satisfy the populace - the player-route takes precedent. This way kingdoms are still supporting the players. Unless orders are given by the kings, surplus will -NOT- be bought. NPC surplus goods are paid out of season-ending Trade Balance or treasury. Player sales always come out of Trade Balance and will not be paid by treasury unless ordered.

Satisfaction of 'needs' will be the priority, players would auto-contribute to surplus should they over lap (seasonal req 2tier-units, actual amount from players 3tier-units, surplus 1). Surplus will be stored unless ordered to be consumed by the king.

Gains from surplus (ie. seasonal double rations) will be added into account at growth/tax time. +1 on a roll/2 seasons active = .5 bonus. Remember: Bonuses are rounded down
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:51:54 pm by CyberGenesis »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: January 11, 2012, 05:10:48 pm »

CG, what do mean by explanation? As in why I want the ships? If so, then I want them to ferry troops and resources as well as serving as Ligoria's new fleet...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: January 11, 2012, 07:52:04 pm »

So you want to flat hire them as naval or as mercs?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: January 11, 2012, 08:27:17 pm »

Naval.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: January 12, 2012, 07:38:29 pm »

Fili, Kid, you have till monday to finish up in polca - On monday we move to Autumn

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: January 15, 2012, 01:08:23 am »

The only topics longer/more viewed than this one: YEARS OLD. This one? 4 months. Suck it! We're just that awesome
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 634