Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286409 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9345 on: January 05, 2012, 06:49:04 pm »

Do you think you could make our first government rolls in Ligoria soon? So that atleast we can start the secondary and tertiary goals?

which?

These.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: January 05, 2012, 07:35:21 pm »

I don't think anyone has anythig important running now.

BS, Dwarmin and I are still getting hitched. :p Unless he wants to push that back to Autumn...

Apparently some stuff in Polca is getting resolved, so you guys can get on with your stuff this season. Sorry for my hastiness.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:39:39 pm by Ardas »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: January 05, 2012, 09:56:27 pm »

Oh sh-t.  I rolled a 6.  o_o
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: January 06, 2012, 11:27:56 am »

Siege weapons in general need a rebalance because as it stands, 3d negates a castle advantage

Gunpowder siege will have increased bonuses over regular, but to do that the bonuses made from defensive structures need to be increased dramatically - which is both logical and simple to do

Side note:

What's going to happen to the lands outside Ligoria? It was determined that all the land there was claimed by minor nobles, something that wouldn't happen with this new system. Is that going to change, or are the nobles going to remain there?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: January 06, 2012, 11:29:43 am »

Got to go for 8 hours, do play.  Back then, hopefully to deal with the deadly Ms Spring!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: January 06, 2012, 11:30:50 am »

We know that the land there is taken over by minor nobles. Its treated as unclaimed, but only for purposes of governemnt. They are civilized alright, and have indepnedent people live there.
I guess we treat it as conquest, and the parcels there are simply added to our inventory, but under private ownership that is taxed.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: January 06, 2012, 03:08:46 pm »

not 'all' of the land obviously, but it will likely be considered 'open' rather than unclaimed if you expand into it
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: January 06, 2012, 05:16:00 pm »

But wait, you guys should totally inform the council!

Tala was totally gonna do some awesome diplomacy stuff. And Pasha is technically still in the army.

Ahh, sucks to be the only Nobles left in Talama then, I guess.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: January 06, 2012, 05:19:02 pm »

We "should" but we don't have to. You guys are getting hitched but take your time for hiking and there is stuff in other places going on. just enough time to grab that borderland.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: January 06, 2012, 08:26:10 pm »

Farewell, Juan!  You took too many risks and paid the price.  Next character!

Name: Lorelle d'Avistral

Description: A 5'6" redhead with a trim figure, looking to be in her early twenties.  Dresses exceptionally well, typically wearing a pendant with a sun crest on one side and the d'Avistral coat of arms on the other.

Background: Following the traditional d'Avistral custom, Lorelle was brought up in the lap of luxury, trained as a stunning debutante and then given a small purse and told to make her way in the world - the assumption being that she would find a suitable rich man and use the money to charm him through various means.

So of course she fled to Galam and joined the priesthood for protection.  Heavily armed protection, being Galam.  The Taloisist priesthood in Galam were not known for their extreme piety, but they did have a firm interest in staying financially afloat.  Lorelle was employed part-time as an accountant in Eshir Romak's moneylending business, thoroughly dull work but required as payment in kind for an extension on the temple's loans.  It was not until Lorelle began to understand the power hidden in those dull, dry numbers that she started to enjoy her job.  With a few words and some ticks and crosses of her pen, she could give a businessman a fresh start and a new life - or doom someone to ignominy and ruin.

Eshir Romak and the temple had other uses for Lorelle where their business was concerned.  As a shapely, charismatic and beautiful woman she was encouraged to visit various businesses and gatherings as a representative of either church, moneylenders or simply as a noble guest and charm her way past the doors, then sneak into the offices of competitors and potential targets and retrieve and study documents.  This activity most recently brought a little bit too much heat on her, so the temple and Eshir Romak arranged for her to take a trip to Ligoria along with a pair of letters of accreditation.  Given the coming liquidation of the Royal Bank, her timing should be just about right.

Resources

Skills: 
Charisma: Persuasion, encouragement, diplomacy.
Banking: Finding meaning amidst a sea of numbers - and knowing which numbers to add and take away to bring riches or ruin.
Stealth: Getting around unseen and unheard.

Worldly Possessions:  A comfortable amount of spending money, several bags of fine clothing, make-up and perfume and a case full of paper, writing materials and a silver-plated letter opener.

A letter of accreditation from Eshir Romak's Exchange and a letter of accreditation from the Galam Taloisist Temple.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:31:18 pm by Iituem »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: January 07, 2012, 12:28:07 am »

2d and the stealth i can say fine. Limiting character creation to 3d. I like the idea of banking, but i think it might break things or become the automatic trait for every merchant. Charisma is an acceptable talent as well. So if you can avg it out to 3d in value, i have no issues

Also, on the name - LOL

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: January 07, 2012, 03:34:27 am »

Awesome. Do the d'Avistral name proud Iituem!
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: January 07, 2012, 06:35:41 am »

2d and the stealth i can say fine. Limiting character creation to 3d. I like the idea of banking, but i think it might break things or become the automatic trait for every merchant. Charisma is an acceptable talent as well. So if you can avg it out to 3d in value, i have no issues

Also, on the name - LOL

Do you mean that Stealth costs 2d?  Not sure I understand.  Or that it costs 1d, but Banking is broken?  I was going for Tier 1 skills in either case.

The intent with the banking skill was to provide an aid to roleplay in the highly specific circumstances of working in a bank, specifically in determining good opportunities to lend and cut funding to.  I don't really see how it can be abused by ordinary merchants.  o_O

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: January 07, 2012, 08:27:17 am »

I completely forgot about the bank. Shoot, we need to reorganize that as well. Name it "The First Bank of the Republic" or " The Bank of Ligoria". As for Iituem's PC, I say yes. Lets see how much can we heat up the situation with women and money, because we are kind of short on both.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: January 07, 2012, 01:59:12 pm »

all skills cost 1d.

if you want it(banking) to be 'non-functional' in the sense of not having any bonus beyond RP/Fluff, go for it
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 634