Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286390 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9375 on: January 15, 2012, 02:28:02 am »

Where are the smugglers that are reacting to the Explosion? On the other boat looking, or on the dock, or surrounding William and Co.?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: January 15, 2012, 03:43:17 am »

Both technically. Dock workers, civilians and smugglers alike would be coming to see what was going on
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: January 15, 2012, 06:42:29 am »

Season change is aimed at tomorrow+, right?  I'll save my scheming until then with Lorelle - I think I'm going to have to appeal to the government directly with my plans and machinations.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: January 15, 2012, 12:50:42 pm »

Aimed, if nuke'll do it. Dont think i'll have time otherwise. If he doesnt it might be a few more days
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

PIN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: January 15, 2012, 05:25:31 pm »

I'm definately thinking of joining this. Have almost finished reading the 1st page of the ooc thread, whereupon I'll head over to read the 1st page of the IG thread. I was just wondering if there are any viking-type races (as in human races) existing in this? I'm planning on making a self proclaimed jarl, and just wanted to know if it was feasible. :)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: January 15, 2012, 05:32:00 pm »

I'm definately thinking of joining this. Have almost finished reading the 1st page of the ooc thread, whereupon I'll head over to read the 1st page of the IG thread. I was just wondering if there are any viking-type races (as in human races) existing in this? I'm planning on making a self proclaimed jarl, and just wanted to know if it was feasible. :)

FYI, first page of OOC does not relate to YaK II, but the thread was simply reused for it. You can be whoever you want, but within the character limits that are given on wiki and on the first page of IC.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: January 15, 2012, 05:57:31 pm »

There's the Northlanders, grim black-haired warriors of the frigid Northlands, who worship fell gods and who fight to survive in a place that seems to want to kill them.

Then there is the Weylanders, who live to the north of the Elberth region- which is dominated by four feuding countries. I can't really remember a lot of fluff about them, but they revere/hate/idolize/something Nightlings, stylizing their armor after them. Live in wooden houses, I'd imagine their early medieval like.

PIN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: January 15, 2012, 06:06:43 pm »

Alright, thanks for the heads up. I have just one more question before I write up my character. It says in the rules that 1 parcel of land produces 0.5 units. Does that mean I actually have to own land in order to hire units? I don't think that is correct, which is why I'm wondering, is there way to get new units without owning land?

*edit*

And thanks Filiusenox. I'll probably end up going for Northlanders, since they sound alot like the "chaos" faction from Warhammer XD. But, if I can find some info on the Weylanders, I may make my little "tribe" be them instead. We'll see.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: January 15, 2012, 06:14:13 pm »

Nah, it just costs extra, also you need to be approved by a GM, and you need to start somewhere between, the republic of groaning and the border of Dragon Empire. I think.

Ask me any questions you need to know about Northlandic culture. I'd be happy to help further.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:16:02 pm by filiusenox »

PIN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: January 15, 2012, 06:37:42 pm »

Would it be safe to say my character and his tribe lived in that large mountain range (not the whole range, obviously, just a small area of it) above Fuirnefurt and below the Udanese High Kingdom?
Also, filiusenox: When you say "who fight to survive in a place that seems to want to kill them." what exactly do you mean? That the environment is very harsh? That there are many dangerous creatures living there?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: January 15, 2012, 06:59:45 pm »

The entire Northlands are mainly made of ice.
The basis of the entire ecosystem is a type of moss that can grow on the ice under the snow, which certain types of cattle can eat, but is agonizingly poisonous for humans to eat.
Months of night and months of day.
It has(Possibly) Wendigos- warriors who fell into cannibalism for fun and are now cursed- roaming the country sides.
Strange mutated beasts that were once men.
Raiders of everyone else's clan trying to raid everyone.
Only five major cities.
Cultists of Samhain roaming the country-side looking for enemies of Samhain and victims to torture and then cut the hearts out to feed to the god that make the demons of the south look tame.
Constant wars, any empire that rises falls so soon that people no longer try to keep track of how many empires existed.
There is no heaven that people believe in, just everlasting torture at the hands of Samhain, or if they were weak, sinful or stupid in life, worse fates that other less kind gods reap upon them. The only thing they have to look foward to is when the world ends, and every man and woman who ever fought anything fight in a last battle to save Itu, so they can finally rest in peace.

Basically its a hellhole covered in razorblades and barbwire.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:03:19 pm by filiusenox »

PIN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: January 15, 2012, 07:17:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So thats my app. If anyone sees a problem with it, even if you're not a gm, please do say.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: January 15, 2012, 07:24:34 pm »

Units can only have two upgrades, and you only have 3d to spend in total.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

PIN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: January 15, 2012, 07:32:02 pm »

Uh.. That was only 3 ducats in total. 1 for the unit, 0.5 for tac, 0.5 for berserker and 1 for Raider. Totaling 3. BUT! If I can only have two upgrades on a unit.. I'll just quickly revise my app, which is..

Here now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: January 15, 2012, 07:35:33 pm »

Yep, that's better.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 634