Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 238917 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3450 on: September 02, 2013, 09:49:12 am »

A super squishy hero, with some pushing potential (if he wasnt so squishy) with a preatty bad channeling ult? Pugna is in my opinion a preatty lame suport, sure its great when you farm it in a pub and have some fun against oponents that you would have beaten anyways with any other hero, but even a 4 role on a semi serious team is not enough for pugna, he needs the farm or he is a 1 hit kill basically.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: September 02, 2013, 10:25:22 am »

Pugna is basically his ward. If you position it incorrectly (or die before you do) the hero is worthless.  While it will proc on everything, things like Silencer's orb will do very small amounts of damage. Skywrath or OD on the other hand... They are food, and Pugna is their direct counter.

Just keep in mind that if the enemy team has Nyx, you're dead. Always and forever. Your int growth will kill you.
Same with AM and all heroes who build diffusal as core (Cancer being the worst of all)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: September 02, 2013, 10:40:24 am »

Throw his ward down into the treeline. It helps.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: September 06, 2013, 04:48:50 pm »

More nothin but here the patch.
WORKSHOP:
- Added Abaddon to the Workshop submission tools and website requirements.

UI
- Added a button to add friends inside the game.
- Fixed bug where guild invites could never show up.
- Darkened background behind buff stack numbers for better legibility on bright icons.

MAC/LINUX:
- [Mac] Fixed problems with sounds cutting out or not playing for the first few minutes of a game.
- [Mac] Make Dock icon bounce when game is ready.
- [Mac] Play a ready sound when game is not focused and matchmaking has found a game.
- Make "Sound while alt-tab" setting work.
- Fix for missing lip syncing in hero portrait.
- Fix corrupted GUI after changing video settings.

VISUAL
- Fixed LOD1 on Ol' Chopper Pudge hook
- updated cloth settings and skinning Crystal Maiden, Invoker, Lina, and Rubick   
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: September 06, 2013, 05:05:45 pm »

Pugna is basically his ward. If you position it incorrectly (or die before you do) the hero is worthless.  While it will proc on everything, things like Silencer's orb will do very small amounts of damage. Skywrath or OD on the other hand... They are food, and Pugna is their direct counter.

Just keep in mind that if the enemy team has Nyx, you're dead. Always and forever. Your int growth will kill you.
Same with AM and all heroes who build diffusal as core (Cancer being the worst of all)

Hmm, now I'm curious as to why in regards to the latter part. Mana Burn is a fantastic skill, but it shouldn't be the deciding factor in a Pugna death. I also imagine you're account for poorly-timed self-decrepifies. Mana Burn will hurt, but won't decide the hero's fate. Bad decrepify is a skill thing, your fault if you die to it. Nyx building a Dagon 5 and NYX NYX NYXing with it is unrelated to int. If it's actually a bother, just get yourself an Orchid and some wards. He can't nyx if he's silenced, decrepified and life drained.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #3455 on: September 06, 2013, 05:14:36 pm »

However a Nyx can blow you up rapidly by wandering in invis (because pubs never buy sentries or a gem) and blowing you up before you have a chance to react. 5x int damage hurts when you have shitty HP. Mana burn hurts because you have shitty HP and a lot of mana for mana burn to take advantage of.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: September 06, 2013, 05:16:57 pm »

However a Nyx can blow you up rapidly by wandering in invis (because pubs never buy sentries or a gem) and blowing you up before you have a chance to react. 5x int damage hurts when you have shitty HP. Mana burn hurts because you have shitty HP and a lot of mana for mana burn to take advantage of.

I myself play support, and spam sentry wards. Guess I've gotten spoiled :P
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: September 06, 2013, 05:18:50 pm »

I wish I was still in the pubs where people don't buy sentries or gems haha. Most of my games these days don't have any wards at all. Not because no one buys them, but they constantly get dewarded. I remember a recent game where an offlane Dark Seer asked if he could solo so the rest of us did a dumbass trilane. The DS bought wards and sentries as his first items.

It was impossible to get rid of him down there, our enemies must have hated him so much.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: September 06, 2013, 05:24:53 pm »

Damn all timezones! Next time, please organize an event before midnight. :)
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: September 06, 2013, 05:29:24 pm »

heh i just made it at the same second to get as many people on as I could we not having the tournament yet just talking about if we should and what time if so.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: September 06, 2013, 05:31:05 pm »

heh i just made it at the same second to get as many people on as I could we not having the tournament yet just talking about if we should and what time if so.

What's this event and tournament thing about? Please fill me in, I haven't noticed much attention in the Steam DOTA group. But now I'm excited :D

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: September 06, 2013, 05:41:41 pm »

What's this event and tournament thing about? Please fill me in, I haven't noticed much attention in the Steam DOTA group. But now I'm excited :D
We have like 60 people in the Dota Group but we never do anything so Crow told me we should have a tournament of some kind so I made a event to get people in the chat to talk about it, I don't play dota right now but I like to watch so I'm all for it

If it a 1v1 we can use the TI3 Format

The game is won when a player has 2 hero kills or 2 tower kills

Draft Rules:
Every game is a mirror match, meaning each player plays the same hero. Each player picks their two favorite heroes (their first and second choice). Shadow Fiend is not allowed as one of these, he is always used if a third game is needed.

Not Allowed:
- Jungling
- Major creep blocks/re-routes
- Soul Ring

Allowed:
- Runes and Bottle Crowing
- Upgrading Courier

If a 5v5 we could have people make a team and pair off that way.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:01:54 am by Alkhemia »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: September 06, 2013, 09:56:02 pm »

I'm down for a 1v1 tournament, but also for a larger team format.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: September 06, 2013, 11:13:37 pm »

You guys who take part should pool your unwanted items together into a prizepool. Admission fee: 1 item or something like that. Then Alkhemia could trade off the commons and such to get rares for prizes.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: September 07, 2013, 12:55:11 am »

You guys who take part should pool your unwanted items together into a prizepool. Admission fee: 1 item or something like that. Then Alkhemia could trade off the commons and such to get rares for prizes.
Ugh trading on dota lounge is the worst but sure I can do that if it comes down to it.

I will not be playing in the tournament since I'm on a Dota break but I will Admin the games and if we have more than one at once we will need some more admin to watch the games if anyone wants to watch but not play or something.

I doubt we have enough people to have a standard tournament but the 1v1 should be easy to get the people together.

Edit:update the rules in my last post for the 1v1 we only need 6 people but I want more then that.
Edit 2: we need at the least 20 people if we do the 5v5 for 4 teams 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:04:45 am by Alkhemia »

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 246