Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239588 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1545 on: January 01, 2013, 09:57:37 pm »

What a good starting build for Jungle Ursa and Jungle Silly Bear?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: January 02, 2013, 02:22:14 am »

You really shouldn't jungle Syllabear. He's a superb, incredible laner (You basically get two amazing heroes to lane with, one ultra tanky melee hero who can freely die, and a ranged one with really long range) while just being a mediocre jungler with no real presence or purpose. After all, he needs shittonnes of farm and levels, and he can get neither in the jungle. Nor can he get it from ganks because his ganks are terrible.

My Ursa jungle depends on whether I random him or not. Note that the only times I play him are when I random, so take that what you will.

Without random gold: Shield + armour ring + tango + branch (I think, something like that)

With random gold: Basilius + whatever.

With the basilius, jungling Ursa is so damn easy it's ridiculous. But without it, it's actually pretty tricky for the first 3 levels or so, and even then you'll be really low. The goal is to get a Vlads as soon as possible, but you might find it more appealing to actually go for the healing boots first and then disassemble that for the vlads later. It'll put off the early Rosh for a short while, but it'll mean you can actually gank without being at super low hp. You'll have mana problems either way though, the slam uses a good huge chunk of Ursa's mana, so you want to make sure every gank gets a kill.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: January 02, 2013, 02:27:55 am »

You really shouldn't jungle Syllabear. He's a superb, incredible laner (You basically get two amazing heroes to lane with, one ultra tanky melee hero who can freely die, and a ranged one with really long range) while just being a mediocre jungler with no real presence or purpose. After all, he needs shittonnes of farm and levels, and he can get neither in the jungle. Nor can he get it from ganks because his ganks are terrible.

My Ursa jungle depends on whether I random him or not. Note that the only times I play him are when I random, so take that what you will.

Without random gold: Shield + armour ring + tango + branch (I think, something like that)

With random gold: Basilius + whatever.

With the basilius, jungling Ursa is so damn easy it's ridiculous. But without it, it's actually pretty tricky for the first 3 levels or so, and even then you'll be really low. The goal is to get a Vlads as soon as possible, but you might find it more appealing to actually go for the healing boots first and then disassemble that for the vlads later. It'll put off the early Rosh for a short while, but it'll mean you can actually gank without being at super low hp. You'll have mana problems either way though, the slam uses a good huge chunk of Ursa's mana, so you want to make sure every gank gets a kill.
ah now I have a build for all the all of them thanks I don't play Ursa a lot so this was helpful mostly just jungle Chen/Deer/Lycan

Also can naix jump in visage ult? if so that would be sexy
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:31:43 am by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: January 02, 2013, 03:59:46 am »

Yeah he can. He can jump into anything that isn't magic immune, such as his own illusions.

By the way, keep in mind that Ursa's passive doesn't work with the bonus damage from quelling blade. It's not really worth it to get that on him.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: January 02, 2013, 04:04:49 am »

Have the bastion pack btw for are next in-house  :D

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: January 02, 2013, 10:53:36 am »

If you guys haven't seen these types of videos yet, you need to.
There's also a Skrillex song with Witch Doctor singing
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 02, 2013, 03:43:37 pm »

If you guys haven't seen these types of videos yet, you need to.
There's also a Skrillex song with Witch Doctor singing

Wonder how long it takes for Valve to make a nod to those.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: January 02, 2013, 08:46:15 pm »

Spoiler: I killed Umi (click to show/hide)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 02, 2013, 08:52:05 pm »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 02, 2013, 09:20:44 pm »

Spoiler: I did it Umi (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:33:01 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: January 03, 2013, 08:27:00 am »

So, I've just started playing this at my friends constant urging. I've only played several games, since I don't have a huge amount of gaming time, and I've been trying to do beginner research. I've searched a few placeses, and found a few pretty good guides (best one I've found so far is the "welcome to DOTA, you suck" one). Any good tips/guides? I'm trying to find a good list for which characters fill which roles, without having to look at each individual character, just so I can start learning to pick out who's doing what.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 03, 2013, 08:48:22 am »

Running around as a Warlock. I wanted to harass someone at the start of the game by casting shadow words when he had low health but ended up killing him while he was running away. Shadow words best words of all words 2013.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:09 am »

So, I've just started playing this at my friends constant urging. I've only played several games, since I don't have a huge amount of gaming time, and I've been trying to do beginner research. I've searched a few placeses, and found a few pretty good guides (best one I've found so far is the "welcome to DOTA, you suck" one). Any good tips/guides? I'm trying to find a good list for which characters fill which roles, without having to look at each individual character, just so I can start learning to pick out who's doing what.
What's your level of experience in this genre? For example, have you played LoL or any other similar kind of game? Or completely fresh?

I'm also thinking we should probably migrate to a new thread simply to get an OP that can post a more useful OP that has guides and relevant information.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: January 03, 2013, 10:26:07 am »

What's your level of experience in this genre? For example, have you played LoL or any other similar kind of game? Or completely fresh?

I'm also thinking we should probably migrate to a new thread simply to get an OP that can post a more useful OP that has guides and relevant information.

I played approx. 10 rounds of the first DOTA ages ago, and never got in to it. Never touched LoL or HoN. Honestly, untill recently, I've never been able to get in to the genre.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 03, 2013, 10:46:17 am »

Id recomend watching the "Learn dota" series on DotaCinema, and maybe some of PurgeGamers, there is actually lots of dota 2 content/tutorial in youtube. Also id say dont focus too much on tutorials if you are that new, play a few games with bots (maybe with people if you can tolerate some shit talking) and try to look where you made mistakes or what you didint understand or what some one did better than you, etc and reaserch into that.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 246