Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239584 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1575 on: January 03, 2013, 11:48:24 pm »

And it can't be interrupted mid-flight, AND backtrack is one of the only abilities that stacks with evasion AND time lock goes through magic immunity unlike other bashes.

You know, I always knew Faceless Void was a hard carry, but I really didn't realize how overpowered he is.
All bashes go through magic immunity. :P Including Basher.

But yeah, void is really good. He's kinda derpy without farm though, so there's that. For example, all Anti-mage really needs is Manta Style to be effective, if he's been completely shut down. He'll get it eventually, and when he does the pain will start. Same with PL and his Diffusal Blade. Lone Druid and his Radiance. But Void? He needs about 2 - 3 big items before he can steamroll.

I think Pyrion Flax said it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWN3x2iyIkE

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 04, 2013, 12:00:39 am »

I have 6 Dota keys to gift away thanks to Valve and their Christmas generosity (or something like that).

In other news, do people from our DF Steam group randomly invite other players who are online in that group for games?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 04, 2013, 12:25:01 am »

Well, we will be having some in-house matches this weekend if you're interested. Other than that I recommend just adding everyone in the DF Dota 2 chapter and asking them to give you a shout next time they play. Everyone in that group joined because they want to play with others, so it should be fine.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:56 am »

And it can't be interrupted mid-flight, AND backtrack is one of the only abilities that stacks with evasion AND time lock goes through magic immunity unlike other bashes.

You know, I always knew Faceless Void was a hard carry, but I really didn't realize how overpowered he is.
All bashes go through magic immunity. :P Including Basher.

But yeah, void is really good. He's kinda derpy without farm though, so there's that. For example, all Anti-mage really needs is Manta Style to be effective, if he's been completely shut down. He'll get it eventually, and when he does the pain will start. Same with PL and his Diffusal Blade. Lone Druid and his Radiance. But Void? He needs about 2 - 3 big items before he can steamroll.

I think Pyrion Flax said it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWN3x2iyIkE
Yeah, I played a game once where I picked a faceless void and the enemy team picked anti-mage, and literally the whole game hinged on who could farm faster. I feel like I should have won, having a better ult, in my opinion, but I just couldn't get farmed enough in time. I got my battle fury, mask of madness, and a crystalis by the time he had his manta style and battle fury, and it was pretty much all over at that point. He could just 5 man push with his team while I tried to finish my farm and there was pretty much nothing I could do to stop it.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 04, 2013, 03:02:38 am »

Well, we will be having some in-house matches this weekend if you're interested. Other than that I recommend just adding everyone in the DF Dota 2 chapter and asking them to give you a shout next time they play. Everyone in that group joined because they want to play with others, so it should be fine.

Saturday again? I'm up for it. :)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 04, 2013, 03:06:51 am »

Saturday again? I'm up for it. :)
Ah yeah been a while since the last one let go Australia servers....oh right I need to update the group  :D

Also if you hate sleep have this http://www.cyborgmatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/med_stonegaze.wav
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:14:40 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 04, 2013, 08:06:31 am »

So when do you guys play on saturdays? And how open is it? I've just been playing vs. bots with two friends, one who's just a little less new than me, and one who's played the original DOTA tons, and plays LoL competitivly. After dabbling around, I'm now trying to figure out Lane support/support, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've got warding the runes down pat, it's just remebering to keep them up I have trouble with, and I need some more practice denying...

Bilbo991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 04, 2013, 08:13:41 am »

You, your friend and I could just play a nooby game together, maybe with someone else who knows what they're doing. This would get the raging team members to a minimum I think.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 04, 2013, 08:46:52 am »

That's deffinitly a possibility. My newb friend and pro friend are dating, so we'd have easy access to someone who knows what's going on for sure. The biggest hurdle would be timing. I work full time and have kids, so mon-fri my multiplayer gaming time is really just around 9-11pm EST. Weekends can be a bit more enigmatic. If you want to add me to steam, user name is the same, and we could try to work something out, even if it's just us vs. bots some time, it's nice to newb in company.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 04, 2013, 09:23:59 am »

We normally play at 12:00pm Mountain Time, about 2 games each time. All are welcome and we seem to be able to get 10 people for our in houses usually.

There's more details in the Steam group.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 04, 2013, 05:26:50 pm »

I have 6 Dota keys to gift away thanks to Valve and their Christmas generosity (or something like that).

If you could spare one for me, that'd be great. Some of my friends have been really into LoL, but I didn't like it enough to justify getting to level 30. That was quite a while ago though, and I think I'm ready to give this genre a shot again.

I'd imagine that it's getting pretty close to release, so getting a key this late may be pointless, but it'd be appreciated all the same.  :)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 04, 2013, 05:47:24 pm »

If you could spare one for me, that'd be great. Some of my friends have been really into LoL, but I didn't like it enough to justify getting to level 30. That was quite a while ago though, and I think I'm ready to give this genre a shot again.

I'd imagine that it's getting pretty close to release, so getting a key this late may be pointless, but it'd be appreciated all the same.  :)
Nah, it's still many months off. Key is good.

Edit: And just as I write this I get a bunch of invites to unload.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 04, 2013, 05:51:12 pm »

Nah, it's still many months off. Key is good.

Edit: And just as I write this I get a bunch of invites to unload.
lol
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 04, 2013, 06:06:46 pm »

I have 6 free keys too. I'll give them out to anyone who wants one.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 04, 2013, 06:09:59 pm »

I have 6 free keys too. I'll give them out to anyone who wants one.

Would you mind if you spare me one for my housemate? I have Dota 2 key already and he has been playing LoL like crazy and curious about Dota 2.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 246