Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239483 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1515 on: December 22, 2012, 10:45:57 pm »

I apologise for that game. I wasn't very good. :(
Not really your fault there. No need to apologize.

It was the Omniknight and the Dazzle that were intent on losing the game for us even though it was so obviously won.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: December 24, 2012, 06:06:17 pm »

Had another game where a friend plays with Clinkz. He lanes with an ES who steals all his last hits "because he is noob" (how he discerned this from the first two minutes of the game when nothing nooby happened I'll never know.) Later, we lose teamfight after teamfight and ES blames Clinkz for having no damage. :/

Just... why?!?!? :/ Why are people like this?!?!

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: December 24, 2012, 09:47:52 pm »

Had another game where a friend plays with Clinkz. He lanes with an ES who steals all his last hits "because he is noob" (how he discerned this from the first two minutes of the game when nothing nooby happened I'll never know.) Later, we lose teamfight after teamfight and ES blames Clinkz for having no damage. :/

Just... why?!?!? :/ Why are people like this?!?!
I would blame it on trolls, but I'm afraid there are people who are actually that self-absorbed. I'm pretty sure that ES went into the game thinking he was going to carry the game as ES (lol) and so he deserved all the last hits. Then, when his amazing plan fails and the carry doesn't have enough damage, it's surely not his fault, it's Clinkz's.

Sigh... people.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: December 25, 2012, 01:26:43 am »

To be fair, a lot of it's probably self-propagating. If every game features somebody screaming at whoever's doing worst because everything that goes wrong is clearly their fault, people tend to assume it's true or the way things are done around there, and thus start acting that way themselves.

How it got that way in the first place is another matter, of course, but it's still likely that a lot of it's just convention.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 25, 2012, 02:28:09 am »

I think its just part of human nature being buffed by the annonimity of the internet, people often blame others becouse its easier to do that than to blame themseves, be it the goverment, the system, the neighbor, etc

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 25, 2012, 06:51:30 pm »

1 v 1 tournament called a A Fistful of Tangoes is going on 1 game a day at 19 SGT (6 EST/ 13 CET) 
1st game was Fear vs S4
2nd game Merlini vs Synderen
3rd game Korok vs SingSing
The people in it are
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm so bad at last hitting  :'( 57 cs at 20 min I need to work up to 140
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 01:49:14 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 26, 2012, 07:35:45 pm »

If you're just interested in practicing last-hitting and controlling lane position, the shadowfiend challenge is decent.

Pick shadowfiend in a practice game with no bots, go to lane with no items.   You don't put any skill points into anything and you deny and last hit all that you can.  It's not easy, but it's a good way to get better at determining when you need to attack, especially with bad damage.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 26, 2012, 10:24:12 pm »

If you're just interested in practicing last-hitting and controlling lane position, the shadowfiend challenge is decent.

Pick shadowfiend in a practice game with no bots, go to lane with no items.   You don't put any skill points into anything and you deny and last hit all that you can.  It's not easy, but it's a good way to get better at determining when you need to attack, especially with bad damage.
Isn't SF's the worse base damage in the game? I know it's pretty bad, and coupled with his poor attack animation I think last hitting with him or Clinkz is probably the worst, Clinkz just because of his horrid animation.

EDIT: Ouch... just did the SF challenge and in 10 minutes I got 36 last hits, 26 denies. Needs work, definitely.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:45:02 pm by Tyg13 »

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 26, 2012, 11:39:09 pm »

My main complaint of that exercise as a practice or evaluation of last hitting is that you're practicing last hitting... with shadow fiend.  It's a decent way to help develop an intuitive feel for the creep hp bars and controlling lane position.  It, obviously, doesn't help you learn other heroes animations, which is almost as important.  It doesn't help you learn how to last hit well while being harassed by intelligent and aggressive opponents.  Realistically, farming a carry requires you to be doing the same kind of processes as in the SF challenge, albeit with more damage, and watching the minimap, tanking/avoiding harass, and optimizing your buy order for that game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 27, 2012, 01:44:56 am »

I personally vouch for Lina having the worse time last hitting in the game... if you don't use spells. She has possibly the longest windup time for her attack animation, and if you cancel it at any point during it, she doesn't attack. Which makes animation canceling on her impossible.

Compared to say... Drow or Lich. Who can animation cancel like a champ.

This might seem like nitpicking to some, but I think when it takes longer for a hero to swing her arm to execute her basic attack (I think it's 1.5 seconds or something stupid like that), than it takes for that attack to travel to its destination... it's really problematic.

For comparison, Sniper's animation is 0.17 + 0.7 seconds. Basically if you wait out the 0.17 seconds, you can animation cancel the second half and do something else... like walk around. Or shoot something else. Lina is basically the reverse of those numbers. you need to wait almost a second for her to actually attack. =|

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: December 27, 2012, 01:49:20 am »

Lina is definitely competing for the worst animation for laning.  Really, lina doesn't have very much going for her at all compared to other supports.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 27, 2012, 06:02:49 am »

Well.. she's like Lion. Except that she can't mana drain. Or hex.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: December 27, 2012, 04:05:27 pm »

Lina is not a good support, but excels at bursting like no one. With agha she has 1830 of damage if she lands all three nukes. Which can prove to be invaluable at shutting down that fed riki mid-game. Hard.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: December 27, 2012, 04:15:42 pm »

Lina is not a good support, but excels at bursting like no one. With agha she has 1830 of damage if she lands all three nukes. Which can prove to be invaluable at shutting down that fed riki mid-game. Hard.
Wait she a good support she great in a tri lane like say ck + lesh + lina the Chinese love there lina.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: December 27, 2012, 04:15:55 pm »

But Lion isn't too far behind that burst and will end up doing more damage in single combat anyway via autoattacks while hex'd. He also has a much easier laning phase, has an easier to land stun, and Hex is one of the best disables in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 246