Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239094 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #525 on: June 29, 2012, 07:30:31 pm »

His skills are difficult to use and he has a terrible time doing good when other people don't want to work with you.

But he has some of the most powerful support spells in the game.

Its safe to assume he gets very powerful if you have friends.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 29, 2012, 08:06:11 pm »

I'm not going to touch him unless I'm in a 4 or 5 man premade using voice comms.  He's got enormous potential, but he's squishy and doesn't offer anything by himself.  Tether is imba if you use it right though.  A 40 mana cost spell that stuns, gives your teammates attack speed and ms, and heals them is really powerful.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 30, 2012, 12:38:17 am »

I went 12 8 14 and carried hard as Sivir Luna getting only E and W. Still lost sadly, but it was more of a teamcomp thing.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 30, 2012, 01:41:25 am »

And I can carry with pugna.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 30, 2012, 04:05:58 am »

I went 12 8 14 and carried hard as Sivir Luna getting only E and W. Still lost sadly, but it was more of a team comp thing.

She does make a good hard carry, but part of her kit is having a nuke, and being able to stop people from Town Portaling out with it, along with offering a better burst early, carry later with autoattack option.

Also, why do you keep calling her Sivir? I think Luna's around seven years old now, with only minor changes to her kit over the years. At least, the only change in my memory is that her damage aura passive also grants her night vision now, but that could've been done a while ago, as I haven't played the original DotA in a few years now.

Fakeedit: Oh, and the damage bonus is now flat instead of a percentage? It used to be a similar effect to Drow's ranged aura, but I think it does give a bit better returns early on. You still don't want to get the W too early, though. It'll push the lane too much at a time that you either want to be in a safer position ricing the lane (autoattacking/denying your creeps once they get below half health in order to keep your lane at a distance you choose) so that you don't get ganked as easily.

And I can carry with pugna.

Yeah, Pugna is amazingly awesome, as long as they don't have a stun of some sort. Push lanes like crazy, make other nukers do more than full damage with spells, and rape other mages with ease. Then get an Aghanims, and enjoy the 300 damage per second, 0 second cooldown ultimate.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:11:14 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 30, 2012, 04:24:00 am »

Yeah, its a flat damage bonus. The fact its flat makes it extremely powerful early game; the go-to build for her is maxing her beam as well as her passive damage aura as your first two spells, then jumping towards her bounce after. Maxing her bounce + damage bonus gives you a lot of autoattack strength... but that is it. No flexibility and low range make that kind of difficult to get away with.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 30, 2012, 12:31:00 pm »

I call her Sivir because that's how I play her. Everyone and their mother tells me to get her Q and R, but I do amazing without a single point in any of those.

I know she came first but it's just so eerie how similar they are to one another. Hell, not only the autoattack range and speed, but even the sound for the bounces are identical.

I gave my results to the guy who bet me the courier, then he said it's because I was laning against an idiot. So we 1v1'ed and I kicked his ass, but he still wouldn't give me the courier. Oh well...

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 30, 2012, 01:07:00 pm »

1v1's prove so much.  What did he pick?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #533 on: June 30, 2012, 02:26:29 pm »

I got DotA 2 yesterday, how cool is that!

I've been playing mostly with Rubick, and my god I love him. I loved him before I even played DotA 2 but now I like him even more. Such a fun hero to play.

Downside I've noticed, is that all games are still very unbalanced. Teams often have guys who feed incredible amounts, or feed a while and then ragequit. It gets quite annoying.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 30, 2012, 02:42:50 pm »

Grats Bordellimies!

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 30, 2012, 02:55:47 pm »

I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that valve hasn't put much effort into matchmaking yet.  Or the sneaking hope. 

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 30, 2012, 03:41:41 pm »

Well, theres a lot of issues chipping away at the balance. We are missing a lot of heroes that would otherwise form counters, the playerbase is small, a lot of people aren't really experienced with Moba's in the lower brackets, etc. Matchmaking needs some help too, but I think they are keeping it quite open and "not good" for the sake of having more games running at once.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 30, 2012, 04:02:16 pm »

Probably not.

Then again, I'd rather they focus on putting in more heroes rather than trying to fix things that will need to be adjusted after it comes out of beta anyway.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 30, 2012, 04:07:37 pm »

I've had a pretty great experience with the matchmaking system. I've hardly hit any annoying people, which was welcome after LoL's "at least one report per game"-situation. Though might itchy report finger for any kind of assholiness might be influencing what kind of people I'm paired up with.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 30, 2012, 04:33:05 pm »

I never play solo queue, so I can't really say much for matchmaking other than never to play at early mornings, after school lets out, and especially not during the day on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 246