Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185667 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #1995 on: August 14, 2011, 10:08:57 am »

They haven't combined yet.  Consulting the map, the smaller force (3 inf + 1 catapult) will be moving north from the bottom of the map whilst the main body of the troops will be emerging from the keep.

I'm not 100% sure how to interpret Manning's tactic, but right now I'm likely to interpret it as an attempt to split the Tactician unit from the main force so that his ambushers can engage it separate to the rest of the army (which will go on to engage the main body of your army).  This will require him to go around a little bit, but it's possible.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 14, 2011, 10:15:13 am »

(( @Zako: Feel free to join! I find it a little challenging to keep up with, also, so I just focus on things affecting my character, and read the rest when I have time. Also, there's always people willing to help explain just what the hell is going on... So go ahead, join, it's great fun. :) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: August 14, 2011, 10:23:23 am »

((Can I go ahead,a dn do my opening scene, or should I wait until the new year to come into the game?))

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: August 14, 2011, 10:50:48 am »

((please forgive the ooc, its easier to plan. RP will come later!

I read manning's tactics as an attempt to hide and then cause as much damage in the rear of the enemy force y striking at officers. I'm not sure about spliting the enemy force so much as flanking it at an opportune time to cause confusion(They should be considered not linked up with our main group I suppose?).

Battlewise I believe the main force should pull back and let the Preston force combine. That way we will only have to defend a single Riverbank(which should give us a big advantage terrain wise) against their army and they won't be able to bring their full force against us effectively. The Pikemen will protect against their calvary charges.

Tactics wise we should probably aim to conserve our forces and prevent them from negating our terrain advantage (I don't know how easy it would be for them to get around a river.)

If we had the time it would be very cool to use an engineer to set the bridge to collapse after half their forces had crossed trapping them and forcing the other group to move around or retreat. Otherwise plenty of stakes and ditches should help to protect us.

If any other commanders have any other tactics to add or clarify please feel free. Maybe with the surprise Spirit help we might pull off a close victory! Otherwise prepare to be fit for chains.))

Start planning the above tactics by pulling back to a riverbank and prepanning for the Preston Army
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:22:16 pm by Knave »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:31 pm »

Well there aren't many important guys:

Donald McMurray, Chief of Clan McMurray, currently Hônd and Herse of the McMurray lands
Jorn McMurray, lastborn son of Donald and personal aide of The Jarl
Tyrus Halfnose, Champion of McTaggart (killed by Doc Johnson)
Reg McRiar, personal Friend of The Jarl and leader of the personal guard
Reek Taggart, "The Young" firstborn of the "Old Man" and chief of the Taggarts by heritage,currently Hônd
Terrence McKenzie, Chief of the McKenzies, died in the first battle of the Doc. His lands were awarded to the Doctor as reward for his victory over the McEwans.

thats about the important NPCs...in my court. PCs would be:

Doctor Turock Johnson (Johnston?), Herse of the McKenzie lands, Steward of the Jarl
Jormundur, Demon Slayer, Adventurer
Pompulion, Demon Summoner, Adventurer
Endras, Demon Slayer, Adventurer

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: August 14, 2011, 12:22:38 pm »

May I join?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: August 14, 2011, 12:45:04 pm »

May I join?
Hmm... I'd also like to join though like Zako believe I'd find myself lost, also elfeater, is that the fan art for gnome's adventure that I drew in your profile pic? =D
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: August 14, 2011, 12:46:55 pm »

May I join?
Hmm... I'd also like to join though like Zako believe I'd find myself lost, also elfeater, is that the fan art for gnome's adventure that I drew in your profile pic? =D
Yeah it is
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: August 14, 2011, 01:13:44 pm »

(( Yeah, 'course you guys can join! :P Just post some kind of action, there was a summary of the story so far a few pages back, I think ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: August 14, 2011, 01:15:59 pm »

(( Yeah, 'course you guys can join! :P Just post some kind of action, there was a summary of the story so far a few pages back, I think ))
How far back?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #2005 on: August 14, 2011, 01:26:26 pm »

((Page 128, I think... Here it is! :) ))
Spoiler: Recent Events (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: August 14, 2011, 01:30:56 pm »

That's cool is there a map though?

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #2007 on: August 14, 2011, 01:32:59 pm »

((There's a really old one, and one made in hexographer, but I can't find that one. My character is making maps of the Eelspine(mountain range) though.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: August 14, 2011, 01:35:35 pm »

((Yeah, the really old one's on the first page, towards the bottom half. Not sure where the hexographer one is, though, but the old one gives you a vague idea, and people can explain more if you ask! ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: August 14, 2011, 01:39:42 pm »

Yoink just as a question what is your char?
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 188