Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185662 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #2010 on: August 14, 2011, 01:48:04 pm »

(( Lord Percy von Trubaldsome, third son of the old King of Miring, currently in the service of the King of Elbreth.
His eldest brother offed the old king of Miring and forced Percy to flee the kingdom. Currently he's in the Elbrethian warcamp in an attack on Suul. (The Kingdom to the South of Miring.) He doesn't tell anyone his name, for obvious reasons, and his men-at-arms are sworn to secrecy about it. :P
In big news: At the moment, Prince Trubaldsome is actually the heir apparent to the throne of Miring, following the horrible deaths of his two older brothers. EDIT: Unfortunately he does not know this yet, and is still planning to overthrow his brother.
Also, he's suffering from some nasty disease the nature of which does not bear mentioning... ))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:50:44 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: August 14, 2011, 01:49:29 pm »

((((Does anyone recall what the current naval strength of miring is? 1 Carrack right?))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: August 14, 2011, 01:54:30 pm »

((So far there hasn't been much interest in navies and such.))

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: August 14, 2011, 01:55:29 pm »

(ah ha)
 A man emerges from a bar in the capital city. He walks down the street his chain mail barley making any noise under his tunic. A hood covers his head. He scans the crowd and spots a man. He begins following him. He limps along behind him as the man turns into an alley. He pulls his shield off his back and draws his sword. The man turns around and sees him. The man runs but trips over his long purple robes. He walks over and stabs the merchant in the back. The man denied his protection and this is his penalty. Sir Joseph looks up and smiles.

Edit: Am I allowed to have this as an intro? I'm going to be a city criminal.

Edit 2: Taricus you want me to be a noble?

Edit 3: okay I'll be a noble
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:01:31 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: August 14, 2011, 01:57:51 pm »

((Ohh, I like him :D Extorting merchants!, though shouldn't it be SIR Joseph?))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #2015 on: August 14, 2011, 02:01:32 pm »

((Sir Joseph the Just?))

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 14, 2011, 02:03:05 pm »

((Sir Joseph the Just?))
((or sir Joseph the merciful?))
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: August 14, 2011, 02:05:08 pm »

(( Oh gods not another 'Just' one! :P You can be whatever you want, Elfeater. Looks interesting! And I'm guessing you're in Sheepstead, the capital of Elbreth? ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: August 14, 2011, 02:06:04 pm »

(( Oh gods not another 'Just' one! :P You can be whatever you want, Elfeater. Looks interesting! And I'm guessing you're in Sheepstead, the capital of Elbreth? ))
((how will I say what my lord owns?))

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 14, 2011, 02:06:39 pm »

((Hmm... how reasonable does my character have to be, I mean do they have to be human? And without special powers or is it a case of anything fair to other players goes? ))
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: August 14, 2011, 02:09:54 pm »

((Hmm... how reasonable does my character have to be, I mean do they have to be human? And without special powers or is it a case of anything fair to other players goes? ))
They have to be human, and no Godmodding.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: August 14, 2011, 02:11:55 pm »

(( Well, you don't -have- to be human, but we're not just making up other races on a whim here. The one other race that's been approved is the Hatcuri, lizard people from miles away, somewhere. Micelus created them. But elves got vetoed. And as for magic, we have a few magic users in the game, but all powers are heavily balanced.
Go ahead and post something, but if you want to be a different race or use magic, the GMs will have to accept it.

Hey, you could always team up with Micelus' character, and play another lizard-dude coming to help him out! :P ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #2022 on: August 14, 2011, 02:12:59 pm »

(( Hey, remember when I participated in this game sometimes? agfasdlfasdjlfj ))

The King's Court, Mid-Autumn...

(Silas) There had been a wait of two or three weeks, but King Erik has not forgotten the strange prisoner. One dank, dreary morning Berte, accompanied by two guards, arrives at the cell with torch and key. Silas is marched up the stairs of a quiet castle, where all sleep, and brought before the King.
"It is only fitting," the King begins as you are brought before him, "That you came here in the middle of the night, and you will leave in the morning. Don't you think?" Erik smiles, and idly waves his mangled hand to silence any potential response.
"You are charged with trespassing, with the intent of breaking into the royal vault -- An act of treason. How do you plea?"

The King's speech brings two things to mind:
1. That's not fitting at all. It's not even an amusing coincidence. It's practically just two facts stated in succession.
2. You were pretty sure treason had a very specific definition, and your actions weren't covered by it. Though you might be thinking of a different country's legal system.

Unfortunately, neither of them are all that helpful. Also, TREASON. Kind of a big deal. This could mean your death.

>When in doubt, stall!

"Wait, don't prisoners get some kind of legal counsel? Or did I just imagine that up one day? It wouldn't be the first time..."
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: August 14, 2011, 02:15:50 pm »

((Ignore))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:08:17 pm by adwarf »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: August 14, 2011, 02:17:43 pm »

Sir Joseph returns to his estate.((how do I do what I own with land and stuff? May I have an example of how a lord does this))
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 188