Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185665 times)

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #2025 on: August 14, 2011, 02:22:43 pm »

((Estates in this game really don't do much at all. There simply a location to roleplay. What a lord really wants is parcels of land. A parcel is simply the game definition of an area of land that provides 1 ducat each year. They're the main supply of money for those of us that go the legal route to obtain money. Having an estate really does nothing unless you're character has been given a task or something that requires a building, but most lords probably won't have to deal with such menial things.))
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: August 14, 2011, 02:24:40 pm »

((Estates in this game really don't do much at all. There simply a location to roleplay. What a lord really wants is parcels of land. A parcel is simply the game definition of an area of land that provides 1 ducat each year. They're the main supply of money for those of us that go the legal route to obtain money. Having an estate really does nothing unless you're character has been given a task or something that requires a building, but most lords probably won't have to deal with such menial things.))
((ow do I obtain one))
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: August 14, 2011, 02:25:18 pm »

((Well as opinion seems divided I'm going ahead with my idea anyway, it's fair enough and has no actual advantage I 'spose))

The pigeon flew over the landscape, looking at the trade caravan it had been stalking for several days. Flying low he lands inside the lead wagon with a note tied to it's leg, the merchant reads it:

Give the pigeon a 50 shillings worth of jewels, it'll swallow it, then fly away, this message come from the demon, Excalibur, obedience is advised.

The merchant laughs how would a pigeon be expected to determine the value of jewels, he hands it a clear glass bead, which is swiped away quickly, the merchant frowns and hits the pigeon, a bad mistake for not a moment later he finds himself blind, both eyes pecked out. Shouts come from outside as the merchant cries and as the guards rush in the pigeon flies away, it's eyes flash red. Being a demon is so much harder after a wizard traps you in a body so flimsy. Knowing he wouldn't have another chance the demon flies to Miring after hearing of the conflict there, no doubt profit is to be found
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: August 14, 2011, 02:26:52 pm »

(( @Elfeater: For example, I was staying in an elegant room in the Palace, until Sir Taric "The Just" burnt it down in a psychopathic rage. Tsk. ::) Oh, and I think you can just roleplay yourself as having one... An estate in the city I mean, not a parcel of land.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: August 14, 2011, 02:28:29 pm »

(( @Elfeater: For example, I was staying in an elegant room in the Palace, until Sir Taric "The Just" burnt it down in a psychopathic rage. Tsk. ::) Oh, and I think you can just roleplay yourself as having one... An estate in the city I mean, not a parcel of land.))
((do I have money fir extorting merchants? And a guard unit?))
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: August 14, 2011, 02:29:38 pm »

((do I have money fir extorting merchants? And a guard unit?))
If your a noble you start with one guard regiment, as for extortion no as you currently have no funds, but you cna gain them from many things.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: August 14, 2011, 02:31:38 pm »

((ow do I obtain one))
((Parcels of land can be obtained through raids or conquering other lands, given out by a King to nobles worthy of it, or if you're in an unsettled area you can attempt to simply tame the wild and if you roll well enough you'll be rewarded.))

((Well as opinion seems divided I'm going ahead with my idea anyway, it's fair enough and has no actual advantage I 'spose))

The pigeon flew over the landscape, looking at the trade caravan it had been stalking for several days. Flying low he lands inside the lead wagon with a note tied to it's leg, the merchant reads it:

Give the pigeon a 50 shillings worth of jewels, it'll swallow it, then fly away, this message come from the demon, Excalibur, obedience is advised.

The merchant laughs how would a pigeon be expected to determine the value of jewels, he hands it a clear glass bead, which is swiped away quickly, the merchant frowns and hits the pigeon, a bad mistake for not a moment later he finds himself blind, both eyes pecked out. Shouts come from outside as the merchant cries and as the guards rush in the pigeon flies away, it's eyes flash red. Being a demon is so much harder after a wizard traps you in a body so flimsy. Knowing he wouldn't have another chance the demon flies to Miring after hearing of the conflict there, no doubt profit is to be found
((Just telling you that playing as a demon might be a bad idea because we're trying to keep this game very light on magic if we have it at all. It always has to have heavy repercussions, and the last person that tried to play a full out magic user unleashed a demon and then got killed within two days of introducing his character.))
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: August 14, 2011, 02:31:58 pm »

Sir Joseph extorts local merchants by promising protection for pay and protecting them with his unitThen he leaves and goes to. Conference with the king and asks for a parcel of land
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:36:01 pm by Elfeater »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: August 14, 2011, 02:32:50 pm »

((That was me as I was a complete idiot at the start, and wanted to be all powerful although it did make for a pretty cool read when the demon escaped. SO ya might want to re think that.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: August 14, 2011, 02:33:23 pm »

((And me getting a nice reputation...))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: August 14, 2011, 02:34:09 pm »

@ Elfeater: parcels of land are either gained:

a) by settling unoccupied land (currently available north of the Weylands, Shadeling infestation inclusive or if your want to try your luck: in the Eelspine Range, currently occupied by Mongol-like Raiders and quite uninhabitable except for those guys)

b) carving out your own lands as an independent: Miring is currently in turmoil, the king is dead,most nobles are dead, if you play your cards right you might be able to rally some peasants for you other place would be Weyland, currently the turf of Jarl Corv Manskinner(my character) who is in war with the Clans of the McKinleys and the Munros. Not very advisable as you either need to subjugate the Munros/McKinleys or arrive with an Mercenary Army)

c) have an Audience with either the Jarl, the Prestoner King, the Elberethian King or someone from Brighthall, gain their trust do, some dirty work for them and be their vassal. However Elbereth and the Jarldom would be your best bets as both have increased their borders enormously and need new nobles to take care of them.

EDIT: DAMN NINJAS DAMN YOU ALL! I WILL HAVE YER HEADS! AND BEFORE THAT YER HIDES!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: August 14, 2011, 02:35:20 pm »

((Just telling you that playing as a demon might be a bad idea because we're trying to keep this game very light on magic if we have it at all. It always has to have heavy repercussions, and the last person that tried to play a full out magic user unleashed a demon and then got killed within two days of introducing his character.))
((Don't worry, the demon doesn't have any magic capabilities now, it's merely a sentinent pigeon with an evil personality and lust for power and wealth, though I may be clever and try and convince peasants I'm magical to rally an army

P.S: When should I use these brackets and when should I use bold text?))
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: August 14, 2011, 02:36:17 pm »

((And me getting a nice reputation...))

((I quess your welcome for that, but still it was really stupid for me to godmod right from the start of making the character as I had done without actually thinking.))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: August 14, 2011, 02:36:29 pm »

OOC:

Tearakudo is like the anti-Manning. He's a badass swordsman with a pegleg, too!

Adwarf, Iituem said he was still considering your character. So you should not be posting yet. My advice is to be patient about this, if you don't wait it won't bode well and a lot of people here are naturally a little wary of letting you back in.

Elfeater: Sir denotes that you're a knight. Which, we, like, want more of. Because Knights are cool, mostly. But play what you want to play. That's the big thing there.
The awesome thing is that you can be a criminal -and- a knight, because hedge knights are a thing that exist. Though I'm not sure what that says about how chivalrous and honorable you are...
Other people have answered the parcel of land question well enough, I think. :P

Ashton: There is a post wayyyy back (and maybe edited into the OP) about magic and stuff. You should read it, and then post a detailed list of your powers, abilities, backstory, etc. for the Iituem and the Co-GMs (myself and Ghazkull) to vote on/balance (with the input of the other players, usually). We're very wary of supernatural characters, and so they need to be given the OK before they can be played. In some instances they can be pretty fun, the recent Shadeling incursions into the Highlands are an example of that, but in many situations they have far too much room for abuse or other shenanigans that detract from the game as a whole.

Brackets are used for Out Of Character speech. I sometimes use them, sometimes I just denote OOC: and then separate from IC with a line. Other people use just, like, just () or [] or whatever. You can do whatever you want in that regard, for the most part.

It's nice to wake up to around 10 pages of posts here again. Replies and rolls in a little bit.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: August 14, 2011, 02:36:44 pm »

((Don't worry, the demon doesn't have any magic capabilities now, it's merely a sentinent pigeon with an evil personality and lust for power and wealth, though I may be clever and try and convince peasants I'm magical to rally an army

P.S: When should I use these brackets and when should I use bold text?))
((bold is for actions))
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 188