Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16563 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Don't fear the dark)
« Reply #255 on: July 05, 2011, 07:51:18 pm »

Those aboard The Star:

The Coneshellman priest turns to Peter and a frown crosses his snail-like face. "I'll pretend I didn't hear that. And you should be thanking me Elf. I intended to call down the wrath of Crabrant on these vessels at dawn; however I heard from my god, who heard from Myval, who heard through his priest, who heard from an Orc of all people that these were not monsters but in fact transport."

He lets out a soft moan-like chuckle before continuing. "So I decided to investigate before blindly smiting, and, as it would appear, the rumors going around the divine grape vine are true. We came armed and bound the crew because as a culture we treat all but our allies as potential foes."

The preist snaps his fingers and the other Coneshellmen raise their weapons and begin to advance. "Now then, unless you have a leader amongst your ranks to negotiate with me I suggest you disarm so I can have you lot bound until we conclude our investigation."

Kriegaxt:

Mayta thinks for a minute before explaining her options. "Well, I have plenty of followers, but few if any would have homes that could be considered easily defend-able. I live in a tent, so my place is out of the question. The guards are bound to respect the direct orders of Bloodline Magus, so they out of the question as well. Eh, I'd guess out of all my followers Conchae has the sturdiest house, he is also a miner so he has something that could function as a weapon. The Ogress Lug is a good friend of mine despite the fact Myval refuses to accept her kind. I'm sure she would put us up at her place till sunrise."

The bright elf pauses for several minutes to watch a pair of bats hunt fireflies in the middle of town before you remind her to tell you about bloodline Magus. "Bloodline Magus is a clan of ridiculously powerful mages who until very recently kept us all imprisoned on this continent with a a powerful wall of energy storms. Nobody knows exactly how they came to be, but they are incredibly powerful and dabble in the affairs of almost every kingdom and large tribe out there."

She shakes her head and frowns "Even a newly inducted member of the bloodline has more arcane talent then somebody who has practiced magic for several years. Their elders are so mighty that even the gods generally respect them. While I was growing up my guardians told me they were a band of vampires. I don't think that is entirely true. They do prefer to move about at night, and they don't seem to die of old age, however they sometimes send an envoy to town, and I've seen him outside in the sunlight and eating solid food."

"Besides" Mayta smirks "if they were really vampires, we would not have killed that one so easily. I bet you were right, the one back there was just some lowly punk trying to make an impression on his superiors. Myval has told me that Bloodline Magus usualy punishes the gods by launching full scale invasions of their realms, so I doubt their leaders would try to use me to get to him anyways."

Richard and Edwyn:

Coony shrugs and haphazzardly throws his knife over his shoulder. The blade lands in the floor. "Eh... most of my dads kind and even some of the halflings worship that bastard Myval. Myval and that cunt priestess of his see those of my... um... parentage as monsters deserving nothing more than a slow and painful death. It's only because my dad is such a powerful mage that half the town doesn't storm the fishery to kill us."

The strange bright elf jumps to the floor. "Of course not all of my mothers children are considered 'monsters'. I just have the misfortune of a bright elf father who's birthright includes the DAMNED AURA THAT TELLS EVERYBODY AND THEIR PET COW THAT MY MOTHER IS THAT THING THEY ALL WANT DEAD!"

In a sudden fit of rage Coony lifts the stone end table up from it's positon right next to your bed and throws it through the wall in an amazing feat of strength. It hits the workfloor below and shatters loudly.

"Ah crap. Not again." Coony looks through the new hole in his wall and shakes his head. "Sorry about that. Its the stimulant. Makes me prone to angry outbursts."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Night of Exitement)
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2011, 08:48:44 pm »

I'm going to assume since he understood me speaking English I can understand him.

Peter sighted along his rifle. "I'll not disarm. You ambushed my countrymen without provocation and proved to yourself that the bloody ship is nothing more than a vessel, yet you continue to make demands of us and insult us when my allies have tried to negotiate a peaceful solution. A gentleman's patience only extends so far." He glanced from one Coneshellman to another before turning his eyes back to the priest. "Declare peace now or find peace with your bloody god in ten seconds. I'll not tolerate aggression any further. Are you going to parlay with us as equals or will I be forced to pull this trigger?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2011, 09:21:26 pm »

"Um. The human here is our leader. If you want to negotiate, then you should talk to him.. But its not right, you just don't do that.. And, if it is okay, I want to be a part of the negotiations.. Peter what."
*Ochita looks slightly angry.*
"Aheheh... Peter, a word in private.."
*Ochita whispers in peter's ear.*
"Dammit peter, you might as well have just ruined all of the work that I did. Please for the love of all that is holy stand down. I don't want this to turn bloody.. But if it does, then I'll have your back."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2011, 09:34:26 pm »

Kriegaxt thinks, and then responds. "I believe your friend the Ogress Lug would provide the safest place to hide. She seemed a person well honed in blade art"

As they walk to their destination, Kriegaxt tells her his own thoughts.

"I've no doubt some of the Bloodline are vampires-everything else I've read seems to be coming true. But not all, not nearly. They hide their numbers, and encourage rumors of fantastic power, and the Bloodline maintains strength in the illusion. That is what I would guess...they seem tyrants to me, drunk on their own power. I'm sure I'm not the first person to say something has to be done about them, however impossible a task that is."

Kriegaxt talks as they walk, flitting from topic to topic-Like Mayta, he now finds it hard to concentrate on any one thing, and is distracted by the tiniest of happenings, which he might have ignored before. It's an infectious mindset, to cast away fear and doubt...

"You have told me much, yet I have told you so little of myself. You may wonder what led me here, and I shall tell you, if you would hear me.

In my land, magic has been extinct for as long as we can remember. It's a dreadfully boring world, something I learned at a young age. So I sought to escape it, through books and tales of an the ancient time of Heroes and magic.
"

He pauses to watch a cloud that looks like an angry face roll over the moon.

"I can say my future was made for me, the day my family visited a place called Ireland on vacation. Our guide brought us to the statues of the Stone Giants which still lay there to this day. I noticed many of them seem to have died calmly, almost in meditation, and it made me very sad, to think that their noble kind was gone from our lands forever.

I learned later, that in age when magic left my land, the Giants could no longer sustain their bodies with mere food-no matter how much they ate, they were always hungry. Some Giants went mad with hunger, and laid waste to the land-Urgan the Devourer, Holthfang the Destroyer, Yjimr the Bad Wind-until they were all destroyed or starved to death in bitterness."

Kriegaxt and Mayta are distracted by a wolf like creature in the distance, which stares at both them with red eyes for almost a minute, before disappearing into the forest.

He continues.

"Not all Giants were bad though. Many were good-Vosthang the Kind, Blueheart the Manfriend, and Kind Queen Vinga to name a few. When they realized what was becoming of them, these Giants vowed not to harm anyone, even as they watched their kin waste away in great pain. I do not know if there was still a spark of magic left within them, or perhaps there was something in their bodies, but the Giants who were peaceful became granite statues when they died, and the bad ones turned to salt and blighted the land where they fell.

To this day, the good Stone Giants sit in eternal, peaceful meditation-often unnoticed by the very people who have lived around them for generations, though many still pay homage in shrines at their feet, and believe their spirits still protect us. Despite Napoleans somewhat controversial practice of using them as target practice for his cannoneers, like the noble Sphinx in Egypt.

Some of my books say that if magic returns to my world, the Giants will live again...good and evil alike...

But I babble. The thought led me to become who I am, and earned me a hunger of knowledge and adventure I hold to this day..."

And so, they talked and witnessed many strange things on the way to the Ogress Lug's home, for it was a strange night.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2011, 11:59:32 pm »

"Honestly, Ochita, you're showing less spine than the mollusks."

Juan turns to the high priest. "Now then, we're not going to disarm just because you say so. You have to offer some sort of incentive first. And it's going to take a lot more incentive for us to agree to be bound. Now, if you want to speak to a leader, our expedition leader is on land somewhere, but the admiral is on the other ship. He may be more use to you, since his jurisdiction extends to all ships in the fleet."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 06, 2011, 12:00:10 am »

"Ha. Ha.."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 06, 2011, 10:16:58 am »

"Ah, yes... If... You don't mind me asking, how can you get so strong? I mean no offense, it's just that if you had told me when we had met that you were capable of..." Richard indicates the new hole in the wall. "That I would have thought it a joke."
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 06, 2011, 10:22:15 am »

Peter kept his eyes on his target as he quietly responded to Ochita. "These creatures are only going to respect a show of strength. You heard them; they already consider us enemies. I sincerely doubt I'm antagonizing these heathen bastards. They laughed at you when you put away your weapon, remember?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 06, 2011, 12:46:07 pm »

Those aboard The Star:

The priest snaps his fingers and the advancing snail people stop and lower their weapons. "It is quite obvious that their is no time for you folks to go run and grab your leader or admiral. This situation appears quite urgent, wouldn't you agree?"

He begins to pace the deck and shoots a glance to Peter. "Now then, because I don't want to see you hurt yourself with your strange armless crossbow I'll pretend to believe the elf's obviously untrue statement that you are in fact in charge. Now then, I will explain the situation in hopes that we can come to some sort of understanding."

The Coneshellman stares at the sky for a few seconds before continuing. "We have about 30 more troops aboard putting together a map of this vessel and guarding the captives. Sergent Shellslime over here" he says pointing at the trident wielder. "would like to stay aboard until we need to breath in about 20 minutes, so that his superiours feel that he has done a through job."

He sighs. "Now for the tricky part. Three of your men have been killed. One died as part of our standard procedure to ensure that our venom is effective on your kind. I had to kill the two others, including one who claimed to be captain of this vessel, because they insulted my god. I would be willing to compensate you for the loss of the poison tester in pearls, but I am forbidden by oath to reward you for harboring blasphemers. I trust you understand the situation, and will not escalate it further."

Kriegaxt:

Mayta begins to lead you back in the direction of the theater. "Eh, it would be hard to rally any kind of support for an action opposed to Bloodline Magus. The only facility that they are known to control is Mercy Castle down in the savage south. There they tend to the sick and injured. Once every couple decades they exercise a massive show of force, utterly destroying some unpopular tribe or city state."

The priestess stops for a second to regard a teenage halfling couple kissing in a dark alleyway, before coming to the conclusion that they would prefer their privacy and moving on. "The average mortal sees them as a group of powerful beings looking to improve the world. The only people who complain about them are the gods and their closest followers such as myself. Their is actualy a standing agreement between almost every diety to never lay hands on somebody who can prove they are investigating or acting against Bloodline Magus."

You arrive at a stone building, no larger than a small house but with a massive door. Mayta knocks and continues to make small talk while she waits for an answer. "Their are giant tribes around Maple Roc Lake to the Northwest. Some of them intentionally wear blacksilver jewlery to deprive themselves of magic and become noble monks or fearsome bezerkers. Sometimes they allow allow a great cheif or powerful warrior to wear their jewls long enough to starve to death, so that they may be preser-"

Mayta is interupted by a dwarf who opens the huge doors to the building. He drunkenly stammers a few sentences in a language that you don't understand at your charge.

"I'd like to visit Lug please." the priestess replies with a smile.

The dwarf gesture for the pair of you to come inside. The building consists of three large downward staircases and a desk covered in many strange buttons. The dwarf sits down and presses a couple and suddenly the stairs begin to shift and move. You hear mechanical parts moving and churning deep below you. When the noise stops Mayta begins to lead you down the centermost stairwell.

"We call these apartments Stage Left." Mayta explains as she leads you down a seemingly endless flight of stairs. "Many of the people who preform on stage here in town are considered too freakish or criminal to wander the streets during daylight hours, so they live in this mechanical wonder. From what I understand it has thousands of mostly unoccupied apartments and even connects to the cavern systems miles below the earth. Can you imagine all the work the geomancers and mechanics who built this place had to do?"

Eventually you turn off the main stairwell into a corridor with with huge doors. Mayta raps on one and several minutes later they swing open revealing an exausted looking Lug. "Good evening. I think somebody is trying to hurt me tonight and I need somewhere to hide out. This is my guardian Kriegaxt. You wouldn't mind if we stayed the night, would you?"

A look of sympathy quickly spreads over the Ogress' face and she squawks and howls a few sentences at Mayta before addressing you in almost perfect ancient greenskin. "Those are some nasty magic burns you got there. I'll whip up something to soothe you if you want."

Richard and Edwyn:

Coony lets out a soft and almost depressing laugh. "That? I can do much more than that. What I can't do is fix holes in my wall. Why do all the good stone masons have to be fucking Myval worshipers? I guess I'll have to kidnap one like last time I needed my my wall fixed."

He turns to Richard and offers a slight shrug. "Would you lot be able to sleep through me forcing a mason to fix my wall, or should I wait until morning?"

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 06, 2011, 02:47:11 pm »

"Heh, I have a feeling if you kidnapped someone while I was here I'd be in quite a bit of trouble with my superiors. Not wanting to anger potential allies and all that. Is there any way we could fix it ourselves? I'm not averse to some hard work but, unfortuneately I have no knowledge of masnory." Richard paused, smiling weakly, "Of course, if you wait until me and my friend have left then, well, my memory was never the best of things, you know?"
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 06, 2011, 03:19:23 pm »

"If I may.. The lands we come from are godless, and so a gods name is easily thrown around, due to people forgetting the raw power of the higher powers.. But here gods must be an internal part of life, correct? Therefore, calling any god blasphemous, well, it must be a great insult."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 06, 2011, 05:06:29 pm »

"Well, I wouldn't say Spain is godless, but England, the place where most of these sailors come from, is pretty much full of nothing but Protestants."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2011, 05:25:58 pm »

Peter looked at Ochita, then Juan, then back to the priest. "Actually I am in charge here." It had just occurred to him. "As the only representative of His Majesty's army, I'm the highest ranking among us." He took a deep breath through his nose. These bastards killing three made things quite difficult. "You killed three of ours. I don't agree that two of them were blasphemers, but on the other hand, many soldiers have died for so-called holy causes. That's nothing new. But the other one, the one you experimented on, there's the snag. You admitted to killing him for no real reason. So for payment... release the others. Now."

I'm trying to get through this without a fight but it looks like one's going to happen anyway, since they admitted to being murderers. :-\

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2011, 05:29:51 pm »

Kriegaxt was satisifed with their defenses tonight-this place was a natural maze, and it was unlikely anyone would find them without some sort of magical tracking.

He tries to speak back in his own halting Greenskin tounge, turning to Mayta when he reached a word he could not translate.

"I would appreciate your balm, honorable Ogress, and I thank you for sheltering us. I am interested to know of healing techniques in this land...

Kriegaxt remembers hearing of how "medicine" was being practiced on the front lines. Piles of limbs, bloody saws, vials of opiates flowing into the veins of dying young men. Ghastly. Nothing heroic about that. He had half expected Lug to wave a magic wand at him, but maybe the plants here had enough magic that it's use was reserved for special situations.

"While you work to whip up your concoction, let us converse in Ancient Greenskin more-while I have studied books on it, there is no substitution for real life experience when learning language."

He questions her on the Ogre people of this land, where she was born, and how long she has known Mayta, and offers to her much the same about himself, all the while making notes of new and corrected words and phrases in ancient greenskin.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 07, 2011, 10:45:00 am »

Kriegaxt:

Lug nods and lets you in. Her room resembles a very large animal pen more than it dose an apartment. The floor is covered in straw and large re-pungent piles of what you can only assume to be ogre droppings. Only two pieces of furniture stand; a kitchen set and a wardrobe, both scaled up to Lug's impressive size. Many large bladed weapons hang on the wall, alot of them branded with the same Orc smiting runes that you saw on the skeletons blade earlier.

"I would have cleaned house if I had known I'd be having company tonight." she says with a yawn. Lug sets out some clean straw for you and Mayta to sit on, and you begin to tell the Ogress your story. She seems fascinated and agrees to share hers with you, she warns you however that you might not like some of it.

"Most of the Ogre people are nothing short of monsterous, this of course includes my entire family and me for most of my life." She begins. "My father was a terrible shaman who could magically impregnate any humanoid female with a baby ogress, which would painfully kill the mother during childbirth. He would only ever have female children and would only ever keep them alive for a decade or two, killing them before they could become large enough to threaten him. I wont go into detail about the things he did to us, I have learned that even your kind usually finds most of them entirely repulsive."

She leans against the wall and falls silent for a moment in reminiscence. "I was lucky... I lived at the same time as my older sister Squawk. My father was completely smitten with her and kept her around until she was forty years old. Eventualy he came to trust Squawk so much he allowed her to sleep without her chains on, of course the first night he allowed that to happen she slit his throat and took over the cave herself."

Lug reaches for one of the Orc Bane greatswords from her wall and drives it into the floor. One the blade is the engraved image of a terrible Ogress with long hair and nasty claws. "My sister" she says gesturing to the weapon "was no better than my father. She decided to deny me and my other sisters food until we died of starvation. One night, about a week after Squawk seized the cave, I decided to feed myself. Squawk found me in the morning sitting atop a pile of my recently murdered younger sisters, eating one of their legs raw. After that she fed me and we began to get along like sisters should."

The Ogress turns the sword around and gestures to one of the frightening runes. "Our cave is situated on the nearby Maple Wood Pass, where the Sap Pixies produce syrup to ship across the continent. Now the sap pixies are a tiny folk, so they use greenskin slave labor to do the heavy work. My sister and I found a niche housing the Orcish slaves during the off season and breaking their spirits with violence and magic. We were accepted into pixy society, and we stayed in the business together for a century and a half. About 14 years ago Squawk caught me sleeping with the merchandise and threw me out of the cave."

Lug pulls the sword out of the ground and places it back on the wall. "I wont bore you with the story of how in a matter of months I went from being a driver of Orcish slaves to a respected actress, but I will say that shortly after I left my sister went completely mad and slaughtered most of her slaves. She now attacks the pixy lodge and traveling merchants from time to time with a small army of undead Orcs."

She turns to Mayta and smiles. "I met this one when she was just a girl. Most of the actors in town hated her because she promised war with Amo-"

The bright elf suddenly puts her hand up. "I'd rather you not discuss that. I actually feel quite guilty when I think about how killing those connected to her kind is the only thing I can do with any sort of drive or focus."

Lug cuffs Mayta on the back of the head. "I feel guilty about most of my damned existance. Telling stories about what you regret most cleanses the soul."

Mayta flinches as the Ogress strikes her. "B-but a servant of Myval shouldn't ever feel any guilt about purging the world of dishonor. And Kriegaxt here is looking to join the faith, I'd hate to give him the impression that any follower of Myval regrets anything at all."

Lug shrugs and quickly changes the topic. "Speaking of the Orc I promised you some medical treatment, didn't I?"

The ogress puts a pot in the oven of her kitchen set and fills it with strange herbs and liquids from the various cabinets on it. When she thinks you are not looking she grabs a piece of excrement off the floor and throws it in as well. "It should be ready by sun-up. Don't worry, I've spent most of my life keeping your kind alive and in healthy working condition."

Those aboard The Star:

The priest locks eyes with peter. "I'm afraid religious tradition states that payments to the kin or superiors of those outsiders who die for our cause should be made in slaves or pearls. The crew wont be released until Sergent Shellslime decides the investigation is over, and he is as stubborn as yo-"

Sergent Shellslime cuts off the priest and begins to wail at him in their native tounge. The priest shrugs and looks aghast. "I respect that you outrank me here, and that you can order your men to do whatever you want, but lets not be hasty. We don't know exactly what these folks are capable of. This is an investigation! NOT A BATTLEFIELD!"

The Sergent moans at the preist and all his men begin to laugh, looking defeated the priest turns to Peter with a frightened and defeated look in his eye. "The honorable and diplomatically retarded Sergent would like to inform you that until you leave this boat he will order his men to execute one captive a minute. I will not be allowed to compensate you for their deaths as they will be killed not as outsiders but as enemy combate-WAIT A SECOND, THATS AN ACT OF WAR! SARGENT, YOU DON'T RANK HIGH ENOUGH TO DECLARE WAR. FOR THE LOVE OF CRABRANT MEN STAND DOWN!"

The Sergent wails in an authoritative fashion, and 3 of the Coneshellmen soldiers turn and point their weapons at the high preist. "Umm... guys... laying hands on me is a sin. You know that right?" the lance wielding priest says backing away slowly.

Richard and Edwyn:

Coony smirks. "Then I guess I shall wait until tomorrow. You guys sure you don't want something? I have plenty of stuff in my medicine cabinet that can keep you up, put your to sleep, or just plain make your night exiting. Me, I think I could go for some good old fashioned psychedelics right about now."

The green aured bright elf begins to rummage through his Cabinet pulling out and pausing to regard several bottles.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24