Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16559 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Night of Exitement)
« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2011, 11:19:54 am »

Kriegaxt nodded. Ogres were certainly monstrous beings.

"Well, then I am glad to meet you Lug, to at least know you chose the path of good despite your heritage."

He was thinking. Were all the Orcs of this land in chains?

Kriegaxt had read tales of honorable Orc Warriors, bravely slaying monsters and defending their people. Maybe they were all gone in this land...

"You say these Orcs were slaves, and I've heard from Mayta that other Orcs are nothing but cannon fodder for armies. Is there any of my people in this land that still live free?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2011, 12:31:08 pm »

"No thanks, I'm fine... Why do you have so many drugs anyway? Are they common for households around here?"
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2011, 12:42:58 pm »

"Sargent, you may want to reconsider trying to use these men's lives as bargaining chips because, first of all, it sets a bad precedent. If you're treating our people badly, what reason do we have not to do the same to yours when we capture them? Also, if prisoners aren't guaranteed safety while in your custody, what reason do they have to ever surrender? And you definitely don't want surrender to be off the table, otherwise, battles become bloodbaths for both sides.

"Secondly, we came here to release the prisoners, but, if they were dead, we'd have no reason not to open fire on you with our cannons and shoot you to bits."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:45:23 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2011, 05:13:40 pm »

Edwyn watched the elf's display in silence, tapping his fingers slowly against the handle of his walking stick. Had he been close to falling asleep where he sat, there was no chance of it now - the sudden wakeup from the wall breaking down had chased all sleepiness far away. At least Richard was being alert where he himself had failed. A reliable man. It was noted.

He also thought about the "stimulants" the elf had used. They were interesting, to say the least, if worrying from their position. Unsuitable for the elf as well, being in his house. However, Edwyn could see great potential in them. Very unlike the drugs back in London, with effects like that, they could be put to good use in the King's army and navy. Perhaps, at a later time, he could try to get a hold of samples and the means to make more of it. And keep an eye out for more of the same.

Edwyn jerked his head up again, regaining his clarity. He had drifted off again, if only for a moment. He cleared his throat and continued to listen in on the others' conversation, trying to remain awake.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:32:35 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2011, 01:02:59 pm »

Richard and Edwyn:

"Oh, the drugs?" Coony laughs. "Most people in this town stay away from the stuff, but it dose play a major role in the economy. We trade metal goods which cannot be fired under water to the Coneshellmen and Merfolk in exchange for fish, and psychoactive or magical undersea plants. We keep most of the fish to feed ourself, and trade the flora back to the capitol in exchange for more metal goods for the sea-people."

Coony shakes his head and frowns. "I just buy alot for myself because when I'm cooped up in this building and hardly allowed to leave what other than drugs and alcohol can keep me entertained?"

He opens a draw inside his wardrobe and produces a small bag of red powder. "S-sure you absolutely sure you don't want some? This stuff will give you g-great dreams for s-sure!" The elf says with a slight nervous stutter.

Kriegaxt

Lug frowns. "Plenty. There are many orcish tribes and bloodlines that have achieved great power and influence in the world. They are honorable knights, fearsome bezerkers, and worthy foes of the pale-skinned races. Smaller orcs of unpure heritage such as yourself however all either live with the reality or looming threat of slavery and torment. Anybody in these lands could capture you like an animal and sell you to the highest bidder and nobody would think twice about it."

"Of course thats not to say individual mutts can't carve out a niche in this world. If I could, anybody can." The Ogress quickly adds after seeing the expression on your face.

---

(Still waiting on Peter before I give an update for the people on the boat.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 08, 2011, 01:17:32 pm »

Sorry, I was letting Juan do the talking. Realistically Peter would've already opened fire on the sergeant the second he went for the priest, since he did just declare war and everything...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2011, 01:24:57 pm »

(Well specify stuff like that, and keep the OOC on the OOC thread please.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2011, 02:05:44 pm »

"I take no offense-I am surprised to hear that my breed of Orc is considered lesser here. Where I come from, all the Orcs are like me, as far as I know.

I guess Scholar Hammerbacks idea that there was a divergent "missing link" between the Orcish races was in fact true, after all...though I thought that...

*fast forward*

Later, Kriegaxt decides he'll cook up dinner for everyone with whatever supplies Lug has on hand. He's tired and hungry, after all.
Before he bunks down for the night-he weaves the last few questions into casual conversation.

"I've heard that term before-"mutts"? That's a..uh, disparaging term for my specific sort of Orc, right?"

"Do you think you can teach me a few of the more important phrases in your Ogrish language? It could be usefu, for uh, diplomacy..."

"Where did you manage to obtain this variety of enchanted blades? My axe is fine German steel, but it pales in comparsion to weapons made in this land...I would like to obtain an enchanted axe of my own, eventually..."

"I think we are safe tonight Mayta-but I can't defend you forever. You think the Bloodline will try again?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 09, 2011, 01:03:08 pm »

Kriegaxt:

Lug sits down against the wall. "Mutt is rarely intentionally used as a disparaging term, although I could see how it might be seen as one. Their used to be a pure orcish race that resembled you, but they were small and often enslaved by the bigger Orcish races. They were called Green Orcs or Hill Orcs. A few centuries back somebody got the idea to further demoralize their slaves by robbing them of racial pride or identity."

The Ogress shakes her head and frowns. "Over the course of a few years every major Green Orc settlement was attacked by their bigger cousins. The invaders violated all the Green Orc women to unsure the death of their race. Nowadays the type of Orc commonly used as slave stock will generally keep no record of his or her bloodline, as digging back to far will lead to shame and impurity. They simply refer to themselves as mutts, slaves, or when their confidence is high Orcs."

She grabs a piece of straw off the ground and begins to suck on it. "Heh. Your bloodline wasn't here for that were they? I bet there are still pure blooded Green Orcs running around where the heck it is you come from. I could teach you how to properly introduce yourself as a fully mature Green Orc male... but such a pertinacious greeting would surely get you beat up almost anywhere. Still, if you would like, I could teach you how to properly greet and submit to members of the greater Orcish races."

Not entirely comfortable with the way the Ogress phrased her last statement you redirect the discussion to enchanted weapons. Lugs eyes light up. "There are very few good enchanters within the empire. I had most of mine enchanted by the Sap Pixies back home in the Maple Wood Pass. They can inscribe a weapon with runes of Slay Orc, Weight Reduction, Harmlessness, Fell Tree, or Detect Sentience for a mere pittance. If after what I told you you are feeling brave enough to visit a Greenskin settlement I hear the Black Orcs and the Goblins both know their way around the magic circles of enchantment."

"Myval often leads his champions to great weapons over the course of their service." Mayta chimes in. "Assuming you complete your quest you will likely stumble across such a device before long."

You bring up the Bloodline and ask if you think they will try again. Mayta ponders the question for a second. "Well, on one hand I'm very sure that was an unsanctioned attack carried out by an individual seeking personal glory. On the other hand as soon as the Bloodline finds out what happens they will probely want to silence me so I don't go around tarnishing their good name with the truth."

She pauses and thinks. "I'll hold an all night prayer ritual tomorrow night. I'll be in public so they will not make a move against me. After that we shall see how things go. If I have plenty of prior notice I have the means to defend myself."

Those aboard The Star

Juan begins to lecture the Coneshellmen but they pay him no heed. The soldiers begin to close in on the high priest.

A look of fear and anger spreads across the priest's snail like face. "Oh sea cucumbers... Sergent, I'm afraid you have over stepped your bounds and turned my peaceful investigation into an act of war. You life, and the lives of those men loyal to you are now forfeit. By the divine decree of Crabrant prepare to face your death!"

You See:
x1 Hostile Coneshellman Sergent
x3 Hostile Coneshellmen Conscripts
x1 Neutral Coneshellman High Preist
x1 Undecided Coneshellman Conscript

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 09, 2011, 01:18:01 pm »

"Indeed, I would learn all three of these phrases of introduction...I would guess many would be less hostile if I paid them token, visible respect, as is usually the way with slaves and masters.

Also, what can you tell me about the Empire? They call themselves 'Empires' where I come from, but it's not nearly the same..."

Kriegaxt goes on to explain about Europe, it's colonies and constant wars.

Then, he listens to what she says, while combing through her shelves for things to cook. He wasn't sure that was a carrot...but...uh...did it just blink at him?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 09, 2011, 01:33:18 pm »

"Argh! We will have words after this."

1: Shoot the sergeant
2: Reload, back up
3: Shoot the sergeant again.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 09, 2011, 02:00:00 pm »

Peter grumbled, "I knew I should've opened fire a few minutes ago." He took aim at the sergeant.

Rifle Shot -> Sergeant
Rifle Reload
Rifle Shot -> Sergeant, unless target is dead, in which case Rifle Shot -> Hostile Conscript 1
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 09, 2011, 03:29:34 pm »

1. Shoot the Sergeant
2. Reload
3. Shoot the Sergeant again
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2011, 04:07:15 pm »

Richard could feel himslef drifting off slightly and shook himself. Deciding to continue the conversation in the hopes of gleaning any possible information he decides to ask a question. "So, I've been wondering. How are wars fought here? From the sounds of things there is a lot more variety in races here than at home, I bet major battles are quite a bit different than in Europe."
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 13, 2011, 05:05:56 am »

(Alright. I am too tired to write up the rest of the turn right now, so instead of just further delaying the whole story, I will just post the battle scene for now.)

Those Aboard the Star:

Battle Start - Round 1:

Ochita acts first and whips out his pistol, taking a shot at the Sergent. The bullet knocks a chip off the sturdy creatures shell, but the Sergent seems more startled than hurt.

"I knew I should've opened fire a few minutes ago." Peter complains as he lines up the sergent for a shot from his rifle. His bullet pierces the officer through the shell and enters his torso, but it is difficult to appraise how much damage is inflicted on the foes strange anatomy. He dose seem to visibly wince however.

Juan takes a shot at the Sergent, but misses completely!

The three conscripts advance on the Priest who holds his ground and reaches out to touch one of his attackers. The soldier touched instantly dissolves into a pile of salt!

The two remaining conscripts jab at the priest with their spears. One attack is deflected by the holy-snails shell, but the other strikes him in the arm and causes him to bleed profusely.

The Sergent points his trident at Peter and all three points fire off the weapon and fly towards the Englishman. One of the barbs deflects off the guardians armor, but the other two sink into his skin! (5 damage total).

Round 2:

Peter, Juan, and Ochita all reload their weapons.

The priest folds his hands in prayer and cries out to the heavens. "May my foes be smitten by divine lightning!" Despite the clear skies a bolt of lightning falls from above and hits the mast of the Star, setting it ablaze. The priest curses the inaccuracy of his invocation but is cut off as the two conscripts dig their spears into his torso.

The sergent begins to walk to the group under Peters Command. The slow moving snail person will be in melee range in three rounds.

Round 3:

Peter takes aim at the sergeant and pulls the trigger, knocking an off the foe and causing blue green blood to spurt from the wound.

Ochita takes a shot at the sergent but his bullet only deflects of the shell of his foe.

Juan pulls the trigger on his pistol The bullet passes into and out of the aggressors arm, and the sound of bones breaking can be heard.

The Sergent continues to aproach and makes a small hand gesture. Suddenly the spikes of his trident take to the air and reatach themselves to his weapon. The ones imbeded in Peters arm do some damage on the way out. (3 damage total) (2 turns until Sergent is in melee range)

The preist jabs a conscript through the head with his lance, killing it instantly. The remaining conscript takes a jab at the priest and pierces his guts! The holysnail drops prone to his knees in pain.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24