Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16570 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Heating up!)
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2011, 02:02:40 pm »

"Did any of you understand that?" Peter asked, raising his rifle. "I'm ready to fire, just give the word." If ordered, he would take a shot at the one holding the trident.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2011, 02:16:32 pm »

"Eh, no thanks, personnally I enjoy my sleep, why do you take them anyway?"
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2011, 02:56:25 pm »

"No! Such a weird language..." Ochita fires his pistol into the air, and shouts in the best imitation of the halfling's tongue to ceasefire."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2011, 03:39:15 pm »

Juan levels and cocks his pistol, pointing to each coneshellman in turn.

"Stay back, or I'll shoot," he says in the halfing tongue.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2011, 06:16:48 pm »

Kriegaxt interposes himself between the cloaked man and Mayta

"Not another step creature! The God myval has chosen me as his champion, and you shall bring no harm to her while I draw breath. Unless you would incur my wrath, and the wrath of my friends, I suggest you speedily depart.

He whispers to Mayta
"If you would not become a slave to these people or worse, I would suggest you aid me as you can. I am not sure if I can overcome his battle magic by myself."

Actions: If the figure does not leave right away..

Kriegaxt

1.Feuerpistole!
2.Axt-zu-Gesicht!
3.Axt-zu-Gesicht!

Mayta
1. Bindings of Honor
2. Aura Arrrow
3. Holy Smite

OOC: Finished!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:52:39 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2011, 07:31:37 pm »

Are we posting battle actions now?

If the coneshellmen attack us, I'll use Spanish Flintlock Pistol, then Reload Spanish Flintlock Pistol, then Spanish Flintlock Pistol again. If at any time they come near me, I'll Flee.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2011, 07:39:37 pm »

I don't think we've actually attacked yet, we're just threatening them. If I'm wrong though...

Rifle Shot, Rifle Reload, Rifle Shot on the trident-bearer. If any get close, interrupt with Pollaxe Slash however many times necessary.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2011, 04:49:45 am »

"Yes, I'm afraid I will have to turn your offer down." Edwyn seats himself on the bedding, inspecting the nature - and cleanliness - of the apartment. He deserved so much better. Perhaps, though, it was best not to turn down the pyromancer's "hospitality", if they did not want to offend him. And as it seemed he could become a capable ally in these lands, both from his knowledge and closeness to the dragon, they did not. "Before we go to sleep, however, I have a question you ought to be able to answer. We have seen no humans so far, and in fact, we have been met mostly surprise and irrecognition from the people here - you included. Why is this? Are there none of the Lord's Children living here?"

((ooc: Sorry for not posting sooner, I hate to be the kind of person who doesn't post regularly (even if I'm just late). I'll try to be more reliable in the future))
Love, scriver~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2011, 06:10:56 am »

Battle Actions will be, Pistolshot, reload, pistolshot
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2011, 12:45:09 am »

Edwyn + Richard:

"Eh. There are humans around. Live in tribes far to the south in the savage lands. The greenskin armies sometimes bring them to battle against our empire if they cannot round up enough Orcish mutts."

He pauses for a second. "A human my age lived in town awhile ago. Her name was Janice and we were good friends. I think the only reason we got along was that she was too uneducated to make crass but correct assumptions about my parentage based on the color of my aura."

Suddenly Coony slams his fist into the wall and lets out an angry yet sorrowful roar. "Then that BITCH Mayta found out that Janice worshiped Skyclaw and had her tortured for a week and publicly hanged! Myval worshipers have less respect for you lot then they do the gods forsaken greenskins!"

Kriegaxt:

"Not another step creature! The God myval has chosen me as his champion, and you shall bring no harm to her while I draw breath. Unless you would incur my wrath, and the wrath of my friends, I suggest you speedily depart."

The cloaked figure turns to you. "Hold your tongue mutt! Do you even have any idea who you ar-"

Deciding that he is not leaving you whip out your pistol and take a shot at the figure...

Battle Round 1:
[/color]

Your bullet sails through the air and catches the figure in the arm! He seems more shocked than harmed by your attack.

"What kind of sorcery was that Orc? No matter, It is no match for mine!"

The figure puts his hands together and conjures up a ball of dark energy which he hurls at your head. You duck to avoid the attack!

"If you would not become a slave to these people or worse, I would suggest you aid me as you can. I am not sure if I can overco-" you begin to beg Mayta for assistance and before you can even finish your sentence she complies by dropping to her knees and praying.

"Myval, I implore you bind our foe to an honorable style of combat under the penalty of pain!" As she speaks the ground around the figure begins to glow brightly, but nothing else seems to happen.

Battle Round 2
[/color]

You wield your axe and charge the figure before you. You take a large hack at your foe, who easily evades by leaping straight over your head in an incredible display of acrobatics.

"You think you can beat me? I guess your kind realy is as stupid as they say." The figure chuckles as his hands begin to spark with an eerie yellow light. He reaches foward and taps you on the shoulder and you receive a violent electrical shock! (4 damage!)

Mayta holds one arm foward and pulls back the other as if imitating the fireing of a longbow. Without warning her entire Aura condenses into the shape of an arrow and launches forward, striking the intruder in the torso. The cloaked figure roars in pain as the arrow hits him!

Battle Round Three:

You raise your axe and take another hack at the figure before you. Your axe lands with a sicking thud and blood begins to flow from under your foe's cloak.

The cloaked figure drops to his knees. "You have defeated me, the bloodline will strike me down for my failure if you do not, So I might as well leave you a parting gift." The figure ceases speaking in tongues but you still understand him as he begins to recite a spell in the old arcane language in which you are well studied. "I call upon the dead of this crypt to rise up and strike down his descendant!"

As the stranger concludes his incantation a holy symbol of Myval etches itself on the ground below him and erupts into flames catching his cloak on fire!

"And that friend is why you should never behave dishonorably if I ask Myval to keep an eye on you." Mayta gloats before turning her gaze skywards and adressing the heavens. "Myval, I call upon you to deliver this... monster to the fate of all who choose to fight without honor." As soon as Mayta finishes speaking the stranger voids his bowels and falls over dead.

End Battle

Suddenly a skeletal form bursts from the sarcophagus set against the far wall. It is wielding a golden greatsword engraved with runes that bring a lump to your throat. The priestess speaks up and confirms what you already suspect. "Crap... grandpa... tread carefully that blade is specifically enchanted to cause extra suffering to all Greenskined people."

The Skeleton turns to your charge and seems to smirk. "Mayta... tonight you join your grandfather... IN DEATH!"

You see:

x1 Skeletal Champion

All Others:

"Stay back, or I'll shoot!" Juan calls out in the language of the halflings. The Coneshellmen lower their weapons slightly and burst into what sounds like it could be laughter.

The one wielding the trident speaks up and begins to lecture Juan in the strange and unintelligible tongue of moans and wails.

Suddenly Juan has an epiphany! These Coneshellmen must be like the slug men of South America; Fully capable of understanding civilized language, but incapable of speaking it due to a limited vocal range. The High Elf opens his mouth to explain but is interupted by his fellow Spaniard Ochita, who seems to have come to the same conclusion.

"They can't respond. They understand us, but are physiologically incapable of speaking like us. Umm... how do we proceed?"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2011, 01:06:39 am »

"Do you have any ideas? All I can think to do is ask them to act out what they're trying to say," Juan says in Spanish.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 03, 2011, 01:15:53 am »

Kriegaxt had read tales of the living dead in his books-some were good, others bad. This one, very bad. They were very hard to kill. He eyed the greatsword warily-even looking at runes on it made his flesh crawl.

"I suggest a tactical retreat, Mayta. It's probably too much for to hope that he won't be able to leave his crypt...hurry now!

Actions: Get the Hell outta there with Mayta in tow. Keep the skeleton focused on me if possible.

Kriegaxt

1. Taktischer Rückzug!
2. If safely out of melee range, reload pistol, otherwise keep running
3. Taktischer Rückzug!

Mayta
1. Running!
2. Running!
3. Running!

OOC: No way I'm fighting a guy with a +6 greatsword of Orcbane, at least in melee...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 03, 2011, 04:28:41 am »

"... I'm sorry for your loss... If you don't mind me asking, is this 'Skyclaw' the dominant god among humans here then?"
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 03, 2011, 05:58:02 am »

Peter glanced at them. "I'll wait for your order," he said, lowering the rifle slightly.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2011, 06:27:08 am »

"Ah, I see.. How unfortunate." As Richard spoke, Edwyn wondered in his thought if the Prussian had received a warmer welcome. Mayta, pagan as she may be, did not sound like someone they would want to cross. At least not yet.

"If you don't mind me asking, however- this empire you speak of, it seems so far away from here. It is of great interest interest to me. Would you tell me more about it?"
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24