Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16568 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Heating up!)
« Reply #240 on: July 03, 2011, 07:24:03 am »

"Listen! We really, REALLY don't want to fight, got it! Listen, if you also want to not have heedless death, then tap this ship twice with your weapons! Im sure, that if we try to sort this out, we can avoid the deaths of both sides."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Heating up!)
« Reply #241 on: July 03, 2011, 06:29:04 pm »

Edwyn + Richard:

Coony begins to drum his fingers loudly against the table in though. "I have no idea. I bet the different tribes of humans worship different gods, just like the Orcish mutts. We saw a trade convoy of them once when I was just a little boy, I think those ones worshiped the same god those halflings here in town worship."

"The empire technically claims this village as part of it's territory." he says turning to Edwyn with a drugged up glare "They haven't had any real control since the governor died when I was just a baby. They send traders annually, but they stopped sending tax collectors and replacement governors when mo-I mean Amourux picked up the habit of eating them."

The strange bright elf reaches under his table and pulls out a butchers knife which he uses to pick and stab at the wall as he continues. "The Imperial Capitol of Restial is at least an 11 day journey from here. It is actually the closest major population center to this place, but you have to cross the rugged Maple Range to get there... or anywhere else really."

He shrugs. "A more dangerous route would be to boat south down the coast until you pass the mountains. You'd have to push westward through black orc territory to reach Imperial land though. The truly adventurous even try to boat down Maple Roc lake, but the birds there can snatch a small boat right out of the water, and the giant tribes who live along the shore are not particularly friendly."

Those Aboard The Star

Upon hearing Ochita's words the coneshellmen cluster together and begin to whisper in their strange language.

The trident weilder steps foward and taps it's shell twice with the steel polearm. Ochita wonders wether the gesture is a threat or the result of the snail people's not knowing exactly what a 'ship' is.

Two more coneshellmen come into view from below deck. One is wielding an iron spear, and the other a lance made from some strange metallic material that none of you recognize off hand. Not having heard Ochita's words they quickly raise their weapons and adopt a defensive stance.

You see:

x4 Coneshellmen Conscripts
x2 Advanced Cconeshellman

Kriegaxt

"I suggest a tactical retreat, Mayta." You say with a slight quiver in your voice as you stare at the weapon "It's probably too much for to hope that he won't be able to leave his crypt...hurry now!"

"True." Mayta admits as she takes off alongside out. "He should have no trouble leaving his crypt, but if we gain enough ground on him before we reach the exit we can seal him into the Catacombs."

The Skeleton gives chase. "No grandchild of mine hides behind a cowardly greenskin! Come back here and bring that monster! I want to kill him too!"

It moves faster than one would expect an undead to run, however the pair of you are still able to outpace it and by the time you reach the exit you have space enough to shut the heavy stone doors behind you, sealing the skeleton in. Mayta pays a quick visit to the crypt keeper and informs him that her grandfather is up and about, and that people should be kept out of the catacombs until she can arrange a posse to hunt him down.

"Well. That was an adventure." She muses "wouldn't you agree?"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Don't fear the dark)
« Reply #242 on: July 03, 2011, 06:44:44 pm »

Ochita looks at the new coneshell men for a second, taken back by this new development, but almost instantly trys to retake control. "Hey! Listen and look! Look at your fellow warriors, and look at the others!, I want to settle this matter peacefully, and so please.. Give us a chance." After that, I visibly raise my sword to all of the coneshellmen, and I kick it towards the existing group, to show that I mean no harm. I then take another speech, "Please, some of us have families at home.. If, you don't want to have unneeded killing, then just tap your shells twice."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 03, 2011, 06:51:49 pm »

Kriegaxt swings his axe over his shoulder like an Orcish Hero of old.

To Mayta, he says "A good start, that's what I call it. Is your land always this exciting?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2011, 08:01:03 pm »

"I'm not sure what that was supposed to accomplish; it kind of looked like you were surrendering. Anyway, I just remembered something Gabe said before we boarded."

Juan turned to the coneshellmen. "It's clear that we won't be able to hold any sort of nuanced discussion this way. I'm told your high priest speaks in tongues. Bring him here so we can negotiate."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 03, 2011, 08:36:50 pm »

"Im trying not to get any of us killed, jeeze.. Plus its negotiation. Not surrendering. I plan to pacify, then we can talk to the priest.."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 03, 2011, 08:59:35 pm »

"Do you honestly think that, now that you're unarmed, they're not going to stab you? You can do what you want, but I'm not putting down my weapon unless they agree to do it too."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 09:03:36 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2011, 09:50:42 am »

"I.. see." Edwyn watched suspiciously as the elf swung his knife around. Strange mixture he had taken, making him behave like that. Not like any Edwyn knew of from home. It seemed unlikely they would get much sleep tonight. He certainly wouldn't fall asleep while a crazed man was wielding a knife in the same room. Getting Richards attention, he nodded towards the knife and gave him a questioning look. Hopefully, he thought the same thing. If the elf became any more violent, they'd probably have to take that knife away from him.
Love, scriver~

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2011, 10:17:08 am »

Richard noticed Edwyns glance and gave a slight nod. It was obvious they both were in easily the most danger tonight out of the group, guests in the house with an angry teenager on drugs with a knife, a grudge against a religion neither of them practiced, his father close at hand and their weapons nearby. What kind of danger could the others have had to overcome that? He privately dedcided to stay awake all night engaging Coony in small-talk.

Not wanting the exchange to be noticed he asked Coony "We must seem very rude asking all these questions, is there anything you want to know about where we come from?"
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2011, 08:42:44 pm »

Richard and Edwyn:

The elf begins to shake his head rapidly. "Nahhhhh. I am rarely allowed to leave this building, so I have to force upon myself disinterest in the outside world. When I stay out for too long the temptation for the followers of Myval to kill me sets in. In turn I am tempted to try and kill them."

Coony dose a backflip and lands on his table, still brandishing his knife. "In here I am the boss. People respect me despite the fact I'm a monster when I'm the one handing out the coin at the end of the day."

Those aboard The Star:

The snailmen watch Ochita and Juan banter back and forth, and eventually smirk as Ochita throws his weapon away.

"My, my. You folks are flopping about like a headless flounder. No need to fetch the high priest; he is here." Booms the lance wielding snail person. "before we begin the pleasantrys I have to ask, is your leader ineffective or not present? Leave it to a land dweller show up to a potential battle without somebody clearly in charge."

Kriegaxt:

Mayta pauses to consider your question. "Not for everybody no. The gods, especially Myval, are quite good at spicing things up." She shakes her head. "And as we learned today so is Bloodline Magus. They must be feeling cocky or desperate, as I'd think they would know better than to send a mere mook against me."

The bright elf reach up to rest her arm against your shoulder. "Well, I'd say the catacombs are closed for now. Do you think we are safe for the evening, or would you like me to find another place to hide out?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 04, 2011, 09:12:15 pm »

Kriegaxt wonders.

"This Bloodline may have merely been trying to intimidate you into giving up without a fight, sending an expendable soldier...I'm sure they couldn't have expected our plan to take shelter in the tomb beforehand, so I suspect our assailants appearance was not planned in advance-he may have been acting on his own, hoping to garner favor without his superiors direct orders, or was forced to improvise a plan of attack.

I think your safe-at least until they realize their man isn't reporting back to them, you've set their plans off. Still, do you have any friends or allies that would shelter us tonight?

Also, you'll have to explain to me what the Bloodline exactly is...and why they wish to convert you.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2011, 09:51:06 pm »

Ochita remains silent, waiting for Juan to speak up.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2011, 10:26:07 pm »

"How about we just skip the pleasantries entirely and I ask you why you boarded this ship and took her crew captive. What exactly do you mean to accomplish by this?"
Glory to Arstotzka!

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2011, 10:06:37 am »

Richard frowns, "I'm sorry, monster? Why would people call you that?"
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2011, 10:49:26 am »

"Be careful," Peter said. "We don't know how hostile these things are. If it sounds like things are getting bad, just give me the order and I'll blow their leader's head clean off."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24