Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16556 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Night of Exitement)
« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2011, 05:23:39 am »

1: Reload
2: Shoot at the conscript
3: Run, try to get my sword.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 13, 2011, 08:23:31 am »

"Damnation," Peter cursed, putting the rifle away. The first thing he had to do was save the priest. That was the only chance they had of salvaging any sort of diplomacy out of this situation.

1. Close distance to Sergeant / Sword Slash Sergeant if movement's not necessary
2. Sword Slash Sergeant
3. Sword Slash Sergeant
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 13, 2011, 01:45:14 pm »

Juan has no intentions of getting into a melee anytime soon.

1. Reload
2. Shoot the Sergeant
3. Reload
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2011, 08:30:26 pm »

Those aboard The Star:

Round 4:

Ochita and Juan hastily reload load their weapons...

Peter charges at the Sergent and quickly enters into Melee range. He stabs the sergent through the shell and feels his sword penetrate flesh beneath

The Coneshellman officer screams in pain and thrusts is trident forward, nicking Peter in the side but opening several arteries. (4 damage)

The last remaining hostile conscript takes a jab at the Priest, but the attack fails to pierce the target's shell.

The Priest drops to his knees and folds his hands, beginning to pray in the middle of the battlefield "Oh mighty Crabrant, send to me a servent to smite those who would betray your chosen people." A look of horror spreads across the last Conscrips face.

Round 5:

Peter takes another swipe at the Sergent with his sword, this time creating a deep gash across his foe's right leg.

The Sergent begins to fall to the ground, but brings his Trident around for another stab. Peter finds himself too exhausted to evade and finds his right arm pierced by the sergeants runed weapon. (3 damage)

Juan attempts to shoot the now grounded and prone Coneshellman, but the fact Peter is standing directly between himself and his target complicates maters and causes him to miss.

Ochita takes a shot at the last Conscript and blows a chunk out of it's shell!

The last hostile conscript drops to his knees and begins to cry and shout at the priest, who continues his prayer. "There will be no mercy for those who stand against the interests of Crabrant, in this life or the next. May those who beg his forgiveness find that their cries fall on death ears... Arise Kracken! And do Crabrant's holy work!"

Round 6:

Peter, exhausted but coherent, brings his sword down and decapitates the prone sergeant!

A massive tentacle as thick as a tree trunk erupts from the water and snatches up the last conscript. The tentacle wraps around it's victim before squeezing it with an incredible force that causes the poor Coneshellman to explode in a shower of gore and shell fragments.

Battle Concluded:

The injured high priest leans against a barrel on deck and turns to the group. "Now then. Let us get to negotiations. With him dead I'm in charge. Seeing as I lit part of your boat on fire with my misaimed lightning strike earlier, and that fire spreads quickly, I think I will order my men to return to the sea at once. Any objections or comments land dwellers?"

Kriegaxt

You root through Lugs cabinets but find nothing particularly appetizing. Her entire pantry seems to consist of pickled livers and entrails as well as many herbs that Lug warns are way to spicy and/or bitter for you to take. "My kind has a terrible sense of taste, so we have to use stuff like that if we are to enjoy our meals. I'd have gotten something for you if I was expecting company."

Lug gives you a brief tutorial in the art of properly addressing the many races and creatures that consider you inferior to them.

Mayta explains the use of the term empire. "This civilization is quite old. Before remembrance was sealed away from the rest of the world the imperial family had colonies and outposts far from here. The Orc's have done quite a number on what land we once held here in Remembrance over the last couple centuries. Nowadays what we refer to as an Empire is nothing more than an embattled citystate with a handful of scattered villages that claim loyalty to it. Isn't secular history so strange?"

Richard and Edwyn:

Coony pauses for a second. "I don't know too much about war, dad dose though. He used to lead armies back in the-or so he claims. Most settlements are under the protection of some god, so an invading army needs a divine endorsement or a powerful warlock to dispel any divine retribution. If a god endorses an attacking army, the attacking army plays by that god's rules, On the otherhand an archmage like my father would let a general fight as he pleases so long as he gets paid."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Kracken Assualt!)
« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2011, 10:01:54 pm »

Juan looks up, just now noticing the fire. "Mierda."
He looks back at the priest. "Is there anything you can do to stop the fire or slow it down? At the very least, I need you to order your men to unbind our men so they can either cut down the mast or escape."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 15, 2011, 02:01:05 am »

"That sounds like a good idea," Peter said to Juan. "Also, may I ask you to do something for my wounds? I did incur them trying to save your life," he said, crouching to pick up the trident and place it along his back with his pollax. Maybe it would be useful.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 15, 2011, 09:16:36 am »

The Orc nodded, and added it. Kriegaxt's written notes had almost filled up ten full pages!

"I must thank you bearing with me, Noble Ogress Lug-I hope I used that term correctly. Hopefully next time we meet, I'll have some interesting stores of my own to tell you."

Turning then to Mayta, he reponds
"People always believe things are greater in their minds than they are in reality...I would know...

Well, I believe I have exhausted my degree of imagination tonight. What comes next, I must surely see for myself.
"

He yawns. What time was it anyway? He wished had brought a pocketwatch...he walked to the door and engaged whatever locking mechanism it had.

"And, if we ever have a chance to meet in less stressful times, I'd like the chance to get to know you better Mayta. Assuming you would want to pursue a friendship with an Orc Mutt like me"

Kriegaxt blushes a bit, then blusters.

"Er, I suggest you two get some sleep-I'll watch the door!"

The Orc laid his axe at his feet, and began cleaning and reloading his pistol.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 16, 2011, 12:10:47 am »

"Hrm, well, thats interesting. Do you now why you're father went from protecting armies to living in a village? No offense but it is hardly the most exotic of jobs..."
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 16, 2011, 12:37:05 am »

(One more turn before the end of the day)

Those aboard The Star:

The Priest turns to Juan. "Crabrant forbids me from partaking in works of mercy... but when dealing with the Gods, sometime you just have to frame the situation correctly." He then winks and casts his eyes to the heavens. "Oh great Crabrant, allow your Kracken to strike fear into the hearts of these non-believers by ripping the mast from their ship!"

Two giant tentacles wrap around the mast and snap it off the ship, pulling it below the waves where it vanishes from view.

The holy snail turns to Peter. "Crabrant forbids me from tending to my own wounds, much less the wounds of others. I'm not sure I can even stand right now... which is a problem as I am running out of breath. The recently deceased sergeant should have a conch shell on him. Bring that to me and I will sound the retreat. If you still need medical attention come dawn meet me at the beach and I will dispatch a mage to heal you. I'd have one of them do it now, but I'm pretty sure those aboard this ship are loyal to the sergeant."

Peter brings him the shell and he gives it a blow, producing a single elongated note. Coneshellmen begin to jump off the ship into the water. The Conscript who didn't join the battle helps the Priest to his feet and drags him across the deck. Just before he is thrown back into the sea the priest turns to you. "I am meeting with the high priestess of Myval tomorrow morning at the beach. Perhaps we can negotiate under less stressful circumstances then." With a shove from the conscript the priest vanishes over the side...

The group returns to the Speedy II to recount their tale to the Admiral. The Admiral seems quite exited about the prospect of a proper battle and disappointed that he missed it. He is even more put out when Juan mentions that the Priest is willing to pursue a peaceful approach.

Gabe listens as well and is somewhat taken aback when he hears of the Sergent's death. "Well there goes at least 20% of my business down the drain. An officer of his aggression, ambition, and demand for my product comes around once a generation at best."

The halfling takes a sip of beer and continues. "To say High Priest Scumpoison is quite attuned to the divine would be an understatement. He makes the bright elf priestess, a prodigy in her field, look mundane in comparison. That said if you must negotiate with him bear in mind that the Coneshellman armed forces hate his guts. If he signs a treaty or writes a contract there is no guarantee the military will live up to it."

Kriegaxt:

You head over to the door, where you find two slots where a bar would rest, but no bar. Lug wanders over, grabs a massive greatsword from the wall, and uses it to hold the door shut. "Enjoy your adventures Orc, but don't count on retelling them to me. I doubt I'm going to be around much longer."

Mayta shakes her head and clears her throat. "Don't say that. They will extract your teeth and you will out the rest of the generous lifespan your species affords you."

Lug is quite for a few minutes before responding. "There is no room for a toothless ogress on stage. I would have to go back to being a full time monster to support myself Mayta. Neither of us want that to happen. Best I just try and get as many shows in as possible before my canines pierce my brain."

"But Luggggggg!!!" Mayta wines. The pair argue on the subject for a good half hour before they begin to succumb to exhaustion. You doubt either of the ladies will be able to remain awake much longer.

Richard and Edwyn:

Coony shrugs. "I don't know. I hardly know anything about my father except for the fact that he is very old and apparently slept with a dragon about 22 years ago. He tells me stories from time to time, but I do way to many drugs to be expected to remember much of what anybody says."

He sighs deeply and looks down through the new hole in his apartment wall. "Can't wait for those wooden monsters to move so the sea people will deliver another batch of fish for me." he pauses for a second "Well, I can tell that worthless old Coony is keeping you folks up. I'll just go and camp out on the work-floor to stay out of your way."

The strange elf walks to the door and puts his hand on the knob before turning back. "Do you have any other silly questions that will make me feel horrible about myself that you would like to ask before I leave?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 16, 2011, 01:03:10 am »

Kriegaxt asked.

'Surely, there is some sort of cure for your overacting teeth in this land, Ogress Lug-medicinal or magical? Maybe a powerful Deity in this land would help you...eh, buts it's all just guessing to me. Perhaps we should discuss it in the morning..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 16, 2011, 02:19:57 am »

"Right, well, before that little incident with the coneshellmen, I believe I was about to retrieve some Amontillado from the cask in my room, so I might as well get on with that."
Glory to Arstotzka!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 16, 2011, 12:32:52 pm »

Peter sighed. Well, he could always find a doctor aboard his own ship, and he went to go look for one.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 16, 2011, 01:25:01 pm »

"Heh, I guess I have been a bit impolite now that I think of it haven't I?  Nah. I'm fresh out of questions... For now." Richard decides to spend the rest of the night silently reflecting on what he's managed to weedle out of Coony.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 17, 2011, 06:58:21 am »

Edwyn opens a narrow eye as Coony leaves, stretches his arms and leans back into a less sitting position. At least the maniac was out of the room. Hopefully, he wouldn't return until he was sober.
"Get some sleep, Peel" hey says, giving the soldier one last glance before he closes his eyes. "We'll need you awake in the morning."
Love, scriver~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 17, 2011, 07:35:22 am »

Ochita looks at peter, and calls to him. "Hey, let me see if I can't fix that.." Diagnose the full damage, and start medical treatment.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24