Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16576 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Drunken Mulan)
« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2011, 03:24:21 am »

Kriegaxt:

Mayta ponders your words. "Perhaps, but any attack on me there would also likely endanger the other theater goers. Myval would never put you in a situation where you would have to choose between completing your quest or letting innocents come to harm. He is simply too honorable."

You spend the next several hours talking about mostly trivial matters until the sun begins to sink into the sky. She then gets up and produces a ratty old cloak from underneath the alter. "The unenlightened halflings who run the theater insist that I wear something other than my aura. Something about the actors being distracted." She dons the cloak and leads you off toward the theater.

"You will like the show. I think tonight 'Tiny, Bigger, and Huge' are on stage." she smiles as she wriggles her hand free of your protective grip. "They are a great improve group featuring Ninehells the bastard son of Kumar, Holysea who is a disgraced politician, and Lug the mighty Ogress. I doubt you will understand a word that they say, but they do alot of stage combat so you should find that exiting at least."

Edwyn + Richard:

The strange elf drops his knife to shake Edwyn's hand, nearly cutting his own foot. "Daaammn. I got my hopes up. I guess there really is some pack of monsters out at sea chasing the Merfolk Fishbrokers off. Don't know for sure though. Haven't left this building in about a month and a half."

Coony stares foward for a second. "What were we talking about? Oh... right... you want to see Glowtran. HEY CINDERS GET YOUR SORRY... arse down heeere!" He screams, petering out before he can finish his statement.

"What do you want boy?" A harsh voice rings from the inward facing window of an apartment above. The voice belongs to a wizened and bearded face cloaked in a bright yellow aura. "Oh. Guests... human guests. Please come upstairs, I'll serve you dinner. My father always said that generosity towards humans was good luck, and I'm coming to believe more and more of his damned superstitions by the day. I must be getting old."

You follow him upstairs and enter the appartment, which is furnished with nothing but stone and a thick layer of soot. "I hope you didn't have your heart set on fish, because I'm serving beef stew tonight." As he speaks he tears off chunks of a large steak and throws them into a soup pot with some strange veggies you have never seen before. With a snap of his fingers the sides of the pot ignite with no source of fuel or ignition.

"So, how may old Glowtran be of assistance?"

All Others:

Peter helps Oliver haul Henry down to the hold and deposit 'him' in the correct bed. "Thanks for that. I owe ya one now. And I got a feeling that I may get to repay you sooner than you think. You know, England is a great place. Almost as good as Spain is rotten. It is a big place too, easy to lose somebody..." The human soldier decides to head back to the upperdeck to spare himself Oliver's drunken rant.

Just before sunset the confectionaries are passed out, and Gabe is quite impressed. "Great Goldcrain above, that was delicious! I never tasted anything like that in my life!"

Before the fleet can fire off it's cannons one of the frigates, Star of Remembrance, puts out a distress flag. The Admiral orders the Speedy II over to investigate. As you pull alongside the Star you see large shelled humanoid creatures moving about on deck and restraining the crew with ropes of thick seaweed.

"Coneshellmen." Gabe says with a grim stare. "Clients of mine. Guess they shook off the fear of your boats. I could try and talk em down for you, but those bastards work themselves into quite a frenzy when they attack... If you are going to fight them be careful, they conceal a deadly stinger within their shell. It looks like a few of them are trained war-mages as well."

The admiral perks up, thrilled by the thought of commanding his forces in battle after all. "Board the Star boys and drive those monsters back into the sea! If things look bad get off, for I'd rather sink it with the cannons than let it fall into barbarian hands. Bring the Halfling if you want, so you can make a token attempt at negoiation, but I will have the HEAD of anybody who lets harm befall Gabe before he can report back to his father."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2011, 03:28:09 am »

"Ah, we should go then. Gabe, is there anything that would be good against them..? Fear in any way, or just plain weakness's for them." Said Ochita while he gathered his combat gear.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Attacked from Below!)
« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2011, 03:33:48 am »

Peter loaded his rifle while he had time. "I don't think they will be immune to bullets. Can you ask him what their mages look like? We'll have to kill those first. And let's leave him behind; combat's no place for a civilian."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2011, 04:17:27 am »

((ooc: if you're going to fight them, I'd just like to remind you that cannons can also fire anti-personnel ammo, like for example "cannister shots". Just so you have your options clear ;) ))
Love, scriver~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2011, 04:40:58 am »

"Wait.. Lets arm the cannons, give most anti personnel ammo, and fire it before we reach there, it would cut down their numbers."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2011, 04:47:03 am »

((ooc: of course, the human crew is on the deck as well... :P ))
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2011, 07:22:16 am »

"Ah, thank you, it is most appreciated. Of course, I insist that I get to return your hospitality by offering you something to drink, of a beverage from our lands." Edwyn puts down his backpack and reaches into it for the bottle of apple brandy, then looks around for some glasses or cups. The chance of him having proper drinkware were next to none, of course, but they could share the bottle if they had too.
"To business, then? To be truthful, I have some questions of slightly intrusive matters. I hope you are not offended, because it is not our meaning to spite you. I will start from the beginning, though it is a long story, and I must shorten it out of neccesity."

In as concise and short form as possible, Edwyn tells the elf the story of Napoleon and the wars as he shares the brandy with the others, and how they came to these recently opened lands to seek aid against the mad halfling. When he comes to the part about their meeting with the dragon, he pauses for a moment, unsure of how he is to go about it.
"As you probably have guessed, Amourux demanded an offering from us. Never having dealt with dragons before, aside from what the legends tell of them, we are not certain of how to continue. As her teacher, as we heard you are, we thought that none would know her better than you, andthat you could offer us insight of her personality. If you could tell us how her interests and wishes, I assure you, I would consider it a great favour and ourselves to be in your debt. As she is a great power in these lands, I want us to make an offering that she will not take lightly. Tell me, should we offer her wealth and gold? Or would she be interested in knowledge or wisdom, or trade with our lands?"

Edwyn paused again. "Of course, if you do not want to answer, I will respect your sentiment. There are still some other things I would like to discuss with you, if you allow." He nodded to the flames. "It would please me greatly, if you were to explain how such a thing, calling flames out from nothing, is possible. There is no such thing as magic in our lands any more, and it fills me with wonder to see you use it with such triviality."
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2011, 08:02:08 am »

Kriegaxt nodded. He wasn't really convinced though...

While watching the play, keep an eye out for trouble!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2011, 12:04:27 pm »

Edwyn + Richard:

Glowtran nods and takes in Edwyn's tale. "Hmm... an outside land without magic. Fascinating. As for Amourux, I can give you a little insight into her mind. She is motivated mainly by fear. There is a young dragon named Crimson who is just smitten with her. Crimson is a particularly violent fellow and Amourux find him repulsive on every level. Every time he visits she thrashes him soundly and chases him away. However red dragons are generaly stronger than green ones, and Amourux knows that she has a couple centuries tops before Crimson can turn the tables and force her into submission."

The pyromancer takes a large gulp of brandy. "Good stuff. Good stuff indeed. It may also be worth noting that Amourux cares deeply about this village." He blushes slightly "This is mainly because she has many half mortal children living here, and many regular mortal mates that she would never admit to. I think she is also just fond holding the role of importance and prestige that she has earned amoung the local halfling population, and even some of my kind."

Glowtran gets up for a second to scoop the now boiling soup into several bowls which he places before you. The broth is incredibly spicy, but the meat itself is quite tasty. "Oh. She collects siege engines. She would prefer a catapult or ballista over a horse or cow any-day."

He drums his fingers on the table. "This is a longshot... You say you come from someplace far away? Have you ever heard of a place called Ireland? She spent most of her life there and on some days that is all she will talk about during our lessons. When the eternal temporal storm subsided about a month ago she considered flying over to visit, but felt her responsibilities here were too great to afford the trip."

He yawns as he finishes his bowl. "Hopefully I gave you something useful to work with on the dragon front, cause I'm not going to help you with magic. I only take students with some pre-existing magical talent. I don't have the patience to teach the basics."

Leaning against the wall he reguards the two of you. "If you lot need a place to stay I can put you up with my son Coony for the night."

Those Aboard The Speedy II

"No Ochita." The Admiral barks. "Some of the crew is still on deck, and I wont be known as the Admiral willing to fire on his own men."

Gabe pulls out a small telescope from his pack and examines the Coneshellmen closely. "Looks like they have two mages, an officer, and... their high priest?!?! You can pick those guys out from the common soldiers as they will be wielding weapons made of something other than rusting iron. If you want any chance of peacefully negotiating with these guys do not kill High Priest Scumpoison. He speaks in tongues, so you'll know him as he will seem to be speaking your native language."

The halfling begins to pace back and forth. "As for weaknesses, time is on their side. These guys can stay ashore for several hours tops before having to return to the water. They also don't cover ground very quickly, but don't let that fool you, they are surprisingly dexterous with their hands, and they can lash out and sting somebody faster than you can blink."

I am working on putting the combat system together now. Hold tight.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2011, 12:07:30 pm »

"Sorry sir. Well, lets try to pacify, then if we can't do anything else.. Then, we will have to fight." Ochita gets ready to set out there.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2011, 12:38:35 pm »

(OOC: What exactly does a coneshellman look like? I mean, what sort of body plan does it have? Is it a boneless humanoid with a shell on its back that it can recede into?)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2011, 01:05:29 pm »

(They have the arms and legs of a typical humanoid but the boneless head and neck of a snail or slug. They can withdraw any and all of their extremities into their shell. They stand about a head taller than most humans.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2011, 01:07:35 pm »

((We Got an OOC thread too, ya know. Lets use it.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2011, 01:44:50 pm »

"So the most suitable gift would be a proper siege cannon made in Ireland which could somehow be used to help improve the village and raise her position in it?" Richard wonders aloud.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2011, 01:59:34 pm »

Edwyn + Richard:

You are lead to Coony's apartment and Glowtran knocks on the door. "Open up boy. I'm putting up some guests in your room tonight. NO COMPLAINTS!"

The young man reluctantly opens the door and beckons for you to enter, without making eye contact with his father. Once inside it becomes quite clear that your host has sobered up a bit since your earlier meeting.

"Old Cinders didn't give you too much crap, did he?" he inquires as he sets out some spare bedding. "I'd bet he was polite, he is to everybody except me. I'm not even sure if that is my fault or his anymore... but you didn't come all this way just to hear me whine, did you?"

Coony pulls out a jug and pours himself a cup of water, before string in the contents of a glass vial. "Stimulants. I don't sleep all that much. Want some? I'll *try* to be quiet and let you sleep if you don't."

Kriegaxt:

You sit down to watch the show, trying to keep an eye out for threats in the process. The first potential trouble that catches your eye is the Ogress who opens the performance by juggling 6 greatswords with her eyes closed. You imagine how painfully quick the fight would be if she were to suddenly attack Mayta.

You are able to focus on scanning the crowd during the next act, as the actors simply stand around making jokes in a language that you fail to understand. You spot a group of halflings staring in Mayta's direction, scowls on their faces. You point them out to her and she just shrugs. "Most halflings don't particularly like me, especially not those guys, but they are smart enough to know that all hell would break loose if anything happened to me."

After two hours the performance ends without further incident. Much to your dismay Mayta chooses to linger for a bit, heading up to the stage to mingle with the actors. They all shake her hand, and to your horror the Ogress pulls your charge aside. You grip your pistol tightly as it begins to speak to Mayta in a low voice. A few tears come to the Bright Elf's eyes as he places her hand across the monsters back. "I will put in a prayer for you Lug. I will put in many prayers for you."

Eventually she gets off the stage and leads you throw the streets to the entrance of the Catacombs. She pays a quick visit to the crypt keeper to procure a torch before leading you in. "Pore Lug." Mayta chirps with a slight hint of sorrow in her voice "The Ogress just found out she has excitable tooth syndrome. They are going to have to yank every perly white from her mouth else they grow through and pierce her brain."

You eventually arrive in the Tomb of Mayta's grandfather. "I would suggest you avoid contemplating the wall engravings too closely. Grandpa spent most of his life living in Restial, our capitol to the Southwest where he was a famous greenskin hunter. You may not find many of his deeds particular tasteful."

The pair of you spend several hours stiting around the tomb. Mayta tries to distract you from the gruesome and mildly offensive engravings by bringing up more random conversation. Eventually you are interrupted by a voice from the doorway.

"Good evening Mayta."

You turn to the door and see a hooded figure engulfed in a deep purple aura.

"Oh..." the priestess asks, the color draining from her face in fear. "What have I done to merit a visit from Bloodline Magus?"

The figure chuckles. "You have done nothing. You are an honorable, talented, and decent person. Your god Myval on the other hand has come to the conclusion that crossing us is a good idea. We have decided to punish him by taking his favorite servant."

The bright elf shakes her head. "If you kill me my spirit will come to reside in his realm, and we would be closer than ever. I thought the bloodline was smarter than this."

The cloaked person's chuckle rises into a wicked laugh. "Exactly, which is why you wont be dying. You Mayta have been chosen to join the ranks of Bloodline Magus."

"A-and if I refuse what w-would you do, we just agreed that killing me is off the table..." Matya responds with a slight stutter. You notice that she is now as pale as a ghost.

"I have spells that can destroy your soul before it reaches Myval's realm. Join or die Mayta!"

You see:

x1 cloaked figure

Would you like to engage in combat?

Those Boarding the Star:

The boarding party climbs across by rope to reach the starboard side of the Star's upper deck. Four Coneshellmen notice the group right off the bat and raise their weapons. Three hold somewhat rusted iron spears, but one wields a stainless steel trident covered in strange runes.

They call out to you in a language of moans and wails that you cannot comprehend.

You see:

x3 Coneshellmen Conscripts
x1 Advanced Cconeshellman

Would you like to engage in combat?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24