Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Adventures In Actova! [Post, I'll love you forever]  (Read 11821 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Adventures In Actova! [Post, I'll love you forever]
« on: June 09, 2011, 01:32:02 pm »

Alright, it's time for you to adventure into the land and to find great treasure. The four of you will face enemies unlike any you have faced before and you will have to overcome them with strength, wit and steel!

The game has started. Please, post a suggestion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:04:35 pm by Omegastick »
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [DO EEEET!]
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 09:52:14 am »

Bump to the first page. Come one, I need suggestions!
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 10:33:02 am »

Bonobo Makestartle
Halfling Magic-User
Came to the city for quick cash to pay off his gambling debts before the Halfling Tongs send someone after him.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 11:36:39 am »

Great, character sheet is in the spoiler.

Spoiler: Bonobo Makestartle (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 12:26:11 pm »

Frist Leafrustle
Elven Thief
Frist hates cities and everything in them.  Instead of the logical conclusion of just staying away from them, he has come to the city to make the life of city-dwellers miserable, usually by stealing their junk.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 12:52:57 pm »

Skyler Tahoe
Human Magic User

A priestess at a small temple who was driven out of her home village and church when he was found to be dabbling in the dark arts. She came to the city to seek out the power required to get revenge on her old friends and neighbors. 

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 12:55:27 pm »

Max Yeskly
Dwarf fighter

Likes mules for their stubbornness and beer for it's robustness
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 02:30:09 pm »

Alright, here's the full party!

Spoiler: Bonobo Makestartle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frist Leafrustle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skyler Tahoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Yeskly (click to show/hide)

Now, to explain the two spells you have:

Floating Disc Range: 0
Magic-User 1 Duration: 5 turns +1/level
This spell creates an invisible, slightly concave circular plane of force for carrying loads. It is about the size of a shield, being 3 feet in diameter and 1 inch deep at its centre. It can hold a maximum of 500 pounds of weight. (Note that water weighs about 8 pounds per gallon.) The disc must be loaded so that the items placed upon it are properly supported, or they will (of course) fall off. For example, the disc can support just over 62 gallons of water, but the water must be in a barrel or other reasonable container that can be placed upon the disc. Similarly, a pile of loose coins will tend to slip and slide about, and some will fall off with every step the caster takes; but a large sack full of coins, properly tied, will remain stable.

The disc floats level to the ground, at about the height of the caster's waist. It remains still when within 10' of the caster, and follows at the caster's movement rate if he or she moves away from it. The floating disc can be pushed as needed to position it but will be  dispelled if somehow moved more than 10' from the caster. When the spell duration expires, the disc disappears from existence and drops whatever was supported to the surface beneath.

Ventriloquism Range: 60'
Magic-User 1 Duration: 1 turn/level
This spell allows the caster to cause his or her voice to sound from someplace else within range, for example,
from a dark alcove or statue.

Here's how magic works. Each morning, you read from your spell book for an hour and pick which spells you want for that day. At level one, mages are allowed one level one spell. When you cast a spell, that's it for the day, the spell is gone until tommorow unless you prepared two of the same spell.

If you want to learn more about the system, go to http://www.basicfantasy.org/downloads.html.

I'll write up the intro in a second.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [Come in and post!]
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 02:50:06 pm »

Alright guys since we only have one tank how should we go about this? I vote we send our thief then me then you guys.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 03:05:01 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Bonobo:
You have travelled far and wide in search of somewhere that you can amass money quickly to pay off your debt. Eventually, your travels brought you to the land of Actova, and the city of Fah. Fah is a relatively large city in these unpopulated lands, but still big enough for people to have work for you. There are shops of every kind that could possibly hire you, but even better would be a wandering adventurer party that would take you in to help find treasure. You have found yourself in the Cow's Sword, a quaint tavern that always manages to be half full.

While you are talking to the barkeeper, a nearby Dwarf starts shouting, "'Ow many o' you pansies fancy taking a trip up to the Old Island Fortress with me? Eh?"

Frist:
Coming from the nearby Elf settlement of Drashbighur, you have one intention in the city. Stealing. Although your tools and lockpicks were robbed from you as you were mugged last night, you still have a hand for lightening pockets. You found your way into a pub, just right for pilfering some valuables.

Suddenly, a Dwarf starts shouting, "'Ow many o' you pansies fancy taking a trip up to the Old Island Fortress with me? Eh?"

Skyler:
You were always an unusual priestess. Instead of learning the clerical ways as your colleagues did, you learned the ways of arcane science. You learned to make your own magic, rather than rely upon the power of the gods, and it tainted you. Trying to gain more power by branching into the dark arts and similar fields, you were quickly discovered and banished from your village. Now, you have come to Fah in search of great power with which to seek revenge on your ex-comrades. Trying to find a tutor in the dark arts you have been trolling taverns, and you now find yourself in the Cow's Sword, listening to a Dwarf shout half coherent sentences at the patrons.

"'Ow many o' you pansies fancy taking a trip up to the Old Island Fortress with me? Eh?"

Max:
Being a Dwarf like yourself was never an easy thing. You were always outnumbered by taller boys in school and always outclassed by more intellectual boys. As such, you grew up hard. Now in your fifties, you are a drunken idiot with a penchant for violence. However, you have taken a liking to adventuring. You get to kill things and get treasure for it, who would want any other job? Now you know about this dungeon that few people have ever entered, and going in seems like a brilliant idea. But you have no partners, what are you to do?

You shout into the tavern, "'Ow many o' you pansies fancy taking a trip up to the Old Island Fortress with me? Eh?"

All:
OOC: Sorry if you would consider this railroading, but I'm just trying to get you guys to form a party, after that you can do what you want. Bonobo, Skyler and Frist all stand up, considering taking the Dwarf up on his offer. They approach him with questions, trying to find out about this dungeon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 03:12:25 pm »

Damn it I wanted to be in complete control of Max he is a reoccurring ss13 character of mine and has a very defined personality

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 03:24:35 pm »

'Kay, tell you what, I'll give your suggestions preference over everyone else's for him. However, if you are offline and someone else posts I wont wait for you to come back online. :P
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 03:28:09 pm »

'Kay, tell you what, I'll give your suggestions preference over everyone else's for him. However, if you are offline and someone else posts I wont wait for you to come back online. :P
Agreed

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 03:31:25 pm »

Hell, if you want you can tell me how to roleplay him; I love roleplaying random things.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 03:35:41 pm »

Hell, if you want you can tell me how to roleplay him; I love roleplaying random things.
well he likes a good drink is loyal to friends ruthless to enemies kind and takes initiative
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12