Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Adventures In Actova! [Post, I'll love you forever]  (Read 11822 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [Come in and post!]
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 03:57:10 pm »

Frist should take advantage of the distraction to lighten a few pockets.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 04:17:17 pm »

Frist:
You take advantage of this situation and decide to pickpocket some poor guy. You brush past him and manage to snatch his purse, taking 16 pieces of copper.

Spoiler: Bonobo Makestartle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frist Leafrustle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skyler Tahoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Yeskly (click to show/hide)
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 04:20:26 pm »

Inform the others of the situation. The dragon Milrafrear and his goblins have a huge horde of gold in this castles duengeon but we need to first find the key in the goblin guarded castle above.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 04:32:27 pm »

Max:
You speak up, intent on telling your new party the situation. Sadly, in your drunken state, even you aren't sure how much of what you're saying is the truth.

"A'right, ere's the deal, mates. There be this old castle to the east. The dragon... Um... Milrafrear's 'is name is and 'is goblins 'ave an 'oard of gold in this 'ere castle's dungeon. Now, mates, this is gonna take more than one trip methinks, and yer gonna get 'ert, bad. The key to the dungeon's in the main part of the castle, so we gotta get that first. Got it, mates? Come on, whatcha waitin' for?"

You promptly proceed to pick up your axe and shield before staggering over to the door.

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [Come in and post! We don't bite!]
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 06:35:40 pm »

Frist, Skyler, and Bonobo promise to meet max outside of town.

Skyler: I wonder if anybody here can comunicate with the goblins. If so, I have a sneaky idea on how to get them to let us in... Tie me up with a very loose knot and have the others come offering me as a sacrifice to the dragon. We get in, ropes come off, goblins die.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 06:57:29 pm »

If the battle axe can be efficiently wielded in one hand, buy max a shield
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 05:49:22 am »

All:
Frist, Skyler and Bonobo promise to meet Max outside of town at noon tommorow to set off on the adventure.

Skyler:
You come up with a brilliant plan to get into the fortress,

"So, friends, do any of you speak Goblin? I speak Orc and Dragon, but not Goblin."

Bonobo holds up his hand, "Indeed I do, lass, I can speak with them."

You explain your plan to the group, "I have a sneaky idea on how to get them to let us in; tie me up with a very loose knot and have the others come offering me as a sacrifice to the dragon. We get in, ropes come off, goblins die."

"Brilliant idea!" shouts Frist, "I have some rope with me right now."
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [Got some BDSM going on here]
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 09:44:53 am »

All:
Everyone goes about their lives for the day, preparing yourselves mentally for the dungeon raid you'll be attempting.

Bonobo is the first to arrive just outside the town gates, five minutes early. He waits patiently for the rest to arrive and Skyler soon turns up. During the pleasant conversation they have while they wait, Bonobo finds out a little about Skyler. It turns out she was a part of the town of Rushka, a place that Bonobo frequently visited in his early years. Bonobo is quite a way older than Skyler, however, and Skyler wasn't even born when he visited her town.

Max soon turns up, slightly late. He rests his axe on the ground in front of him and glares at the two mages before him. He says little, obviously thinking about something.

The party waits for quite a while for their fourth member to turn up, but he is incredibly late. The sun begins to drift away from it's midday position and the group considers going home when suddenly Frist sprints out the gates as fast as he can with a peasant army behind him. The rest of the group follows, running as fast as their legs will carry them.

The crowd behind them gives up when they see Max, the heavily armoured tank that he is, guarding Frist and turns back, downhearted.

"Oi, lad, what ya be doin'?" Max shouts at Frist, angry that he has had to run in his armour.

"*Pant* *Pant* I stole a necklace form a noblewoman that was visiting. *Pant* Someone saw and they started chasing me." replies Frist.

"Well, hand it over!" Skyler interrupts, intent on keeping it for herself.

"I... Um.. Dropped it. Sorry." Frist tells her, "Anyway, where is this fort?"

It's a few hours travel to the east, we should be there in no time!" Max states, marching off into the distance.

The party follows him, hoping that he's right and it isn't too far to travel.

A short way into their journey, they are suddenly ambushed by two bandits.

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 11:17:00 am »

Mages: Run south-east. Try to get in a position where you can attack the bandits from behind.

Max + Frist: Gang up on the northernmost bandit with melee attacks!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 12:00:03 pm »

Also use ventriloquism to make a voice behind the bandits, so they turn round.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 12:08:34 pm »

Initiative: Bonobo 5; Frist 4; Skyler 2; Max 6; Bandits 2
Max charges to the east, but is weighed down too much by his armour to get into melee range, so he throws his spear at the bandits, missing horribly. Bonobo quickly retreats to the south east, trying to get behind the bandits to catch them off guard. Frist dashes around the northernmost bandit to try and get a sneak attack in, but the bandit sees him go around. Regardless, he swings with his shortsword anyway and it bounces harmlessly of the leather armour. The other bandit attacks Frist and gets a small hit in on him, however, this is still enough to badly damage Frist and he begins bleeding everywhere. Another hit will finish him off for good.

@Ochita: Sorry, I already had the turn all written up and ready to post when you posted. I'll do that next turn. Remember, you only get to use that spell once per day.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 12:17:27 pm »

Frist: Hit the bandit and get out of there. If this system allows attacks of opportunity, strike a defensive pose instead.
Bonobo: Use ventriloquism to distract the bandit next to Frist
Skyler: Stay next to Bonobo to double team any bandits that come his way
Max: CHARGE! HACK-A-HACK-A-HACK!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 12:21:55 pm »

Which bandit should Max charge at? Charging at the one attack Frist would possibly save Frist, but would give the other bandit an AoO.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 12:30:35 pm »

I think Max can take an AoO and then some. Save Frist.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 12:53:16 pm »

Initiative: Bonobo 6; Frist 6; Skyler 1; Max 6; Bandits 3 (Wow, that was some good initiative rolling)
As Max carries on charging towards the bandit attacking Frist, the bandit attacking Max tries to hit him with his sword, but misses. Max hacks at the bandit he was charging at with his axe, getting a solid hit in and hacking off a limb. However, the bandit still stands, intent on going out fighting. Bonobo casts Ventriloquism on the tree that the bandit is standing next to make it start screaming down his ear and distract him. This doesn't faze the bandit, though, and he stays on task. Frist takes a stab at the resilient bandit, finally killing him as he flops down onto the floor.

Seeing his comrade killed, the other bandit is filled with rage and charges at Max, his sword ricocheting of the armour. Finally, Skyler moves into position next to Bonobo.

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12