Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: the tribe - day 2, sun is low on the west sky and night is about to fall  (Read 5830 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: the tribe - day 1, late afternoon
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2011, 06:53:14 pm »

you start to build a simple shelter for yourself (2)but it isn't going too well. it seems you will spend the rest of the afternoon doing it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 06:56:16 pm »

you start to build a simple shelter for yourself (2)but it isn't going too well. it seems you will spend the rest of the afternoon doing it.

Well, as my father says, It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. Wait, who in am I talking to?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2011, 06:59:36 pm »

the spirits, we are allways here, allways listening
you didn't actually hear this... you aren't sure you did, at least

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 07:04:29 pm »

Rinse my knee off, no good getting an infection, then i will carry a few round rocks up from the stream to my campsite and set them up in a quick bonfire circle.  Once that's done rip off some lush branches for a small bed and collect any small dry twigs and sticks I find while going about making a bed.  Look for some dry moss at the same time.  Whistle as I work, practicing the hunter-whistle speech
Khan whistles lightly, as a song bird as he works, practicing the way of talking secretly the older hunters had taught him, the need hadn't been of any practical use in the village, but who knew what could be out here, and it doesn't go to be unprepared.
May I suggest we build up in the same area, I don't think cover is necessary but a fire is, and as long as someone can get some basic food stuffs at some point I'd be happy to share a fire.
Atleast those of us at the creek.
Nom nom nom

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2011, 07:18:30 pm »

just clarify something, what do you mean by campsite? the groove? or the place you're at near the creek?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 07:19:41 pm »

just clarify something, what do you mean by campsite? the groove? or the place you're at near the creek?
sorry I edited the post once or twice before posting, I just mean find a clearing near the creek and set up there.
Nom nom nom

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 08:43:03 pm »

Arrite, collect plants.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:06 pm »

Head back to the main clearing, inform the others about the creek, and show them the way back if they want to come.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 01:51:40 pm »

Create a medicine of the cleansing herb and sweet stalk to make a healing sweet drink

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 09:47:57 pm »

Taric started to weave a basket at the grove, (6!) and work was going well, despite Scryv's annoyances, Scryv (1!)though stubbed a toe on a rock as he bullied the others.

At the creek, Dwarlamin was building a shelter, it took him all the afternoon. he ordered Frel go get the others at the grove, and he sheepishly complied. (3)His trip to the grove was uneventful.

Not far from them, Khan was collecting rocks from the river (5)and stumbled upon some small animal scat (3)it was somewhat old, but he recognised it as being hare droppings. He took note of the site and collected the droppings, it might be of use for the shamans or the craftsman. He kept going up the creek until he found Dwarlamin working, he set off camp besides him, (6!)and quickly got a nice comfy bed up and easilly managed to make a fire with the little time he still had.

By the time Frel got to the others Taric had a basket ready and was on his way to finish the second. he told them about the creek and told them to follow him. They were too thirsty not to comply.

On their way Frel (5)found a small animal trail that (6!)he identified as that of a hare, and was very recent. He explained the others how to get to the creek and started to follow the trail. He managed to find his prey and stay undetected (1!)but missed his shot and startled the hare, who got away. He couldn't recover the arrow. He kept following it's trail (4)but the hare was too startled and alert and he wouldn't be able get close enough, so he decided to go back to the camp (1!)but didn't managed to find his way before it was too dark to progress any further.

On their way to the creek the others (1!)also got disoriented and found the creek further upriver than Dwarlamin and Khan's campsite, and the kept following upriver looking for the others, but gave up by nightfall. Zruk had been actively looking for useful plants (4)and found a snakebane. Jet'Quir was walking idly (5), but stumbled upon a patch brown mushroom which he collected. Taric (5) also found a flask gourd. Scryv (1),once again stubbed his foot on a branch and teared the skin of his toe, he limped the rest of the way.
When they camped, Taric finished weaving his second basket, and Jet'Qir ground and mixed the leaves of a cleansing herb with a sweet root hoping to create a slightly more palatable cleansing potion. He was very proud of himself until Zruk remarked that it was the cleansing herb's bitter taste that worked to cleanse the throat of poisons, and all that he managed to make was either a very inefective cleansing mixture or an absolutely disgusting sweet root soup.
________________________________________________________________________________

By nightfall everybody went to sleep where they stood. Taric and Dwarlamin were haunted by nightmares, and while taric slept very uneasily and woke several times, Dwarlamin couldn't sleep at all, after having a dream in which the angry stone face at the grove was trying to eat him.
________________________________________________________________________________

Party1
Dwalamin - Awake. Uninjured
Khan - Asleep. Scratch in the knee(treated)
Spoiler: inventory: (click to show/hide)

Party2
Taric - Sleeping Uneasily. Bruised Eye
Zruk - Asleep. Uninjured
Jet'Qir - Asleep. Uninjured
Scryv - Asleep. Uninjured

Party3
Frel - Asleep. Uninjured

post your actions for the morning, you will wake up hungry. Dwarlamin didn't sleep at all and is exausted, but can post his actions for the night as well as the morning
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:15:00 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the tribe - day 2, sun is about to rise
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 10:00:47 pm »

Dwarlamin was still awake. He wondered if it was rock spirits keeping him up...or the vestiges of that potato soup he had eaten eariler...

Unable to sleep, he finishes his shelter and prowled around the camp, daring something to attack him. When morning came, he finally dragged himself into his shelter, drew his hands over his head, and tried to get some real sleep.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 10:20:29 pm »

your shelter was already constructed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 10:22:30 pm »

your shelter was already constructed.

Then I just prowl, daring the Gods to throw whatever hardships at me they wish.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 11:05:18 pm »

Wake up just before dawn, and go hunting.  Come back and wake up Khan.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 11:53:30 pm »

Damn, that Karma came back and bit me quickly. ;)

Wake up and wash my face and toe in the water. Then, go and look for something edible around the place we're at, berries or fruit or perhaps fishes in creek. If I find anything, pick it or try to catch it. Not with the spears though, I don't want any of them to break.

Or maybe we should make some real sweetroot soup? :P

Furthermore, how big is a creek anyway? Is it like a brook, or a smaller river?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7