Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: the tribe - day 2, sun is low on the west sky and night is about to fall  (Read 5823 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the tribe - day 2, sun is high in the sky
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2011, 03:53:43 pm »

Get the old embers burning again from last nights fire, and then skin and gut the rabbit, save the intestines and skin, toss the rest into the river for the fish.  Put the rabbit on a stick and roast it over the fire.  While it's roasting stretch and then dry the intestines over the fire, creating long tough pieces of intestine-string.
Once the rabbits done cooking share the meat with dwalamin, and save any bones we get.  keep the extra meat and if there's time begin walking up river.

"I know you would like to find our tribemates, but they are not weak, and neither are we, we may as well eat some food while we are here, and besides, we are the ones all alone, I think we may be in more trouble then them.
Nom nom nom

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2011, 09:51:24 pm »

pm'd zrk2, but i probably wont update this today, i need to get some sleep

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2011, 11:09:26 pm »

Build a fire.

Sorry, missed it when I trawled through here earlier.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2011, 02:08:52 am »

Hey, just to let you know, I'm going on a camping road trip for a week, so I'm probably not going to be around.  I'll need to either be autoed, or have a sub.  My apologies for the short notice, and sorry for signing up just to miss a week early on.  This trip sorta crept up on me.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2011, 02:41:33 am »

Hey Zrk, Tarik's allready making one. You could lend a hand with the mushroom-cooking, however, using your nice, mushroom-friendly pot. It would be highly appreciated, and make sure you do not get spear-poked in the near future ;)
Love, scriver~

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2011, 10:06:53 am »

Hey, just to let you know, I'm going on a camping road trip for a week, so I'm probably not going to be around.  I'll need to either be autoed, or have a sub.  My apologies for the short notice, and sorry for signing up just to miss a week early on.  This trip sorta crept up on me.

hey, that sucks. eh, i think i'm letting your character go offscreen for a week then, when you come back i'll return your character to the party with some manly scars and a story to tell

should i pm zrk again? or update the turn anyway? i know it might take some effort to read through the thread, but cmon guys, i'm putting some effort into this too
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:50:35 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2011, 10:13:38 am »

I think pm him. I can wait ;)
Love, scriver~

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2011, 12:24:27 pm »

Search for more herbs.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2011, 04:41:09 pm »

Taric spent some hours trying to get a fire going, but as he had slept uneasily he was unable to focus and the task took some time. Eventually, he got a fire going, and went to the river to look for some usable stones, (4)but in his sleep deprived state the task wasn't going well. He managed to find a quartz stone  before giving up.
Zruk and Jet'Qir set off in separate ways, looking among the vegetation for herbs and berries, (5)Zruk found some berry bushes and after wading through them a bit he managed to collect two fistfuls of berries. Jet'Qir (2)found nothing though, and came back to the camp empty handed.
Back at the camp, Skryv had spent some time inspecting his surroundings (5) and had disturbed a beetle nest. He recognized the beetles as being of an edible kind and collected a few. He then roasted the fish and the beetles over the fire Taric had made and  cleaned some sweetroots in the creek, and when the others arrived he divided the food among all. Skry then helped Zruk blanch the brown mushrooms, and they ate those also.

Party1
Taric - Tired. Craves meat. Bruised eye(untreated.(3)swollen, impairing vision somewhat)
Zruk - Somewhat tired. Craves meat. Uninjured
Jet'Qir -  Somewhat tired. Craves meat. Uninjured
Scryv -  Somewhat tired. Craves meat. Cut in the toe(treated. healing well)
Spoiler: inventory: (click to show/hide)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With his mind now at ease, Dwarlamin set himself to gather firewood for a cooking fire, but didn't go far, he sat against a tree to rest just a little...
Dwarlamin snored loudly while Khan rekindled the fire from the previous night(3) he had some trouble and took some time doing it, but managed to light a fire. He then tried to skin the hare (5)and did it well, getting a fine fur out of the animal. He gutted the hare and tossed away it's innards in the creek, but saved the intestines, and then roasted the meat on the fire. He tried to make the guts into usable string (1!)but burnt them instead. When the hare was ready he woke up Dwarlamin, and they both ate most of the hare, saving only a few scraps of meat for the others, their hunger being stronger than any altruistic thoughts they might hold.
By late afternoon, they began walking upstream. (4)After an hour walking, they were able to pick up the scent of smoke from the other's camp.

Party2
Dwalamin - Very tired. Uninjured
Khan - Somewhat tired. Scratch in the knee(treated. healing well). Scratch in the forehead(Untreated. (2)Swollen and hurting)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Frel followed the creek downstream, looking for gametrails (6!), but managed to find a hare that had stopped by to drink and didn't notice the hunter, Frel readied shot an arrow (4) and hit the hare in the hind leg. The hare tried to run, and managed to evade the hunter for a few minutes, but injured as it was it didn't go far, and frel caught it and recovered his arrow. The young hunter kept going downstream, unaware that his companions lied in the other direction. Days would pass before they would  hear from him again.

Party3
Frel - Somewhat tired. Hungry. Uninjured

The party upstream ate vegetables, and crave for something more filling. The party downstream is about to find them, and they bring a meager prize of meat that isn't enough for everyone.
Frel is drifting away from the others even further, and you wont be hearing from him the next days.
Some wounds are starting to look nasty, and rewards from the spirits seem to be sparse.
Night will fall in a few hours, this is your last turn for the day. Post your actions for the last hours of the day as well for the night, unless you state otherwise, your character will go to sleep by sunset.
________________________________________________________________________________

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hurry forward to the camp, and when there, take a arrow head and carefully cut open the scratch on my forehead, then wash it back out in the river, Keep the meat to myself for the moment, attempt to hunt down some larger game like deer before the sun sets, if I can't find anything before dusk, head back to the larger camp.  Don't go asleep until I have set up a small grass bed for myself.  Pray to the spirits for better hunting the next day, and thank them for the rabbit (and if I catch anything before dusk thank them for that too)  Then attempt to get a bit of sleep, and wake early the next morning, preferably an hour or two before dawn.  When I wake then, make some spirit charms from the rabbit bones I have.
Nom nom nom

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

Eat the berries and find a hollow tube

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guard the campsite, for now. I would take suggestions if anyone can think of something more constructive to do. Right now, the the most important things seem to getting us some meat, and finding out why the spirits are angry at us. Then we should move on northways, towards the flowers.
Love, scriver~

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

Make some diviners mushrooms.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

thats a quick action, you can still do something else
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]