Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: the tribe - day 2, sun is low on the west sky and night is about to fall  (Read 5824 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: the tribe - day 2, sun is about to rise
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 12:26:13 am »

The creek was a brook. The fish were tiny.

I would ask the Shamans to contact nature and see if we made them mad somehow. I may have pissed off the rock spirits when I stole their quartz. Maybe pacify the river we're using, and make sure our camp is on a land with good karma.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2011, 12:49:03 am »

Perform a water ritual with the quartz and returning it to the river

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2011, 12:57:15 am »

Our group doesn't have any quartz, Jet ;)
Love, scriver~

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2011, 07:14:10 am »

Damn, that Karma came back and bit me quickly. ;)

Wake up and wash my face and toe in the water. Then, go and look for something edible around the place we're at, berries or fruit or perhaps fishes in creek. If I find anything, pick it or try to catch it. Not with the spears though, I don't want any of them to break.

Or maybe we should make some real sweetroot soup? :P

Furthermore, how big is a creek anyway? Is it like a brook, or a smaller river?
well, i always thought a creek and a brook were synonyms, but i think i may have been mistaken. apparently a creek is somewhat bigger than a brook... for reference, this one is circa 3 meters wide (~10ft) and the water barely reaches your knees in the deeper parts, and usually barely wets your ankle. i'l continue to call it creek for the sake of coherence, but think of it as a brook.

The fish in this creek are to small to be speared, you can try your luck trying to catch one by hand, but it wont be easy and the reward is thin. Sweetroot is edible raw, as is flask gourd, though you may want  to have taric hollow it to preserve the shell. The pot you have available is filled with Jet'Qir's mixture, but you can use it to blanch the brown mushrooms if you empty it.

Also, scriver is right, the quartz stones are with Dwarmin and Khan, and Jet'Qir doesn't have acess to them, and actually never saw them in the first place. Also, consulting the sprits might give you a more educated guess on what they want, if they want anything, no use wasting perfectly good resources on a hunch.

Wake up just before dawn, and go hunting. Come back and wake up Khan.
sorry, i mistakenly put khan in your group. he isnt, you are alone in the middle of the woods

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2011, 08:13:57 am »

We do have Zruk's pot too, though. Time to make a sweetroot-and-mushroom hash, then?

Grumpily stand guard for the party again. No, actually, I gather some dry wood and make a little fire, to get the cooking started.
With all due respect, one of you shamans really should ask the spirits for guidance, though, seeming as we should have run into the other's camp by yester evening. Showing them some respect might help us find the right way to them.

Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2011, 09:06:21 am »

you are alone in the middle of the woods

Oh dear. :(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2011, 12:07:07 pm »

At least I'm not likely to be eaten by a grue...

Keep the action, only instead of waking up khan, I go to the stream.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2011, 12:13:22 pm »

Head to the stream.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2011, 12:22:53 pm »

We're already at the stream, just not where the others are ;)
Love, scriver~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2011, 12:32:29 pm »

Look for rocks then.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2011, 02:25:25 pm »

Make shelter/Expand one we already have.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2011, 03:05:51 pm »

dwarlamin has one, but you are not at his site. do you want to build one at the place you are on?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2011, 03:12:56 pm »

Wake up with a smile, another day alive.  Collect my bow and arrows and move down the stream, along it's bank, looking for animals come to drink at the creek.  Attempt to shoot one I see, and make sure to gather any arrows I shoot, when I am done hunting head back to the camp with any animals I have caught.  make sure to say a prayer over any animals I catch, and try to end their lives in the most painless way possible.
Nom nom nom

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2011, 07:47:17 pm »

Dwarlamin couldn't sleep. Haunted by the feeling he was being observed he prowled arround his campsite (4)but found nothing in the darkness, and nothing found him. When the sun rose in the horizon he was exausted, and decided to once again try to sleep, (1!)but frightening visages kept haunting him, and still wasn't able to rest at all.
Khan woke early with the first rays of sunlight, with his stomach growling but in an optimistic mood, he was determined to find something to eat. He followed the creek downstream, looking for the hare trail he had found the previous day. (4)Near the old trail, he found a fresher trail of disturbed vegetation, (4)which he followed into an unsuspecting hare. (6!)He managed to hit it with an arrow, and a second hare which he hadn't noticed darted through the vegetation. He attempted to follow the second hare (1!) but stumbled on a branch and scratch his face on a thorny vine. He returned to his previous kill and recovered the arrow and the kill. He took some time to thank the spirits for the kill, and politely wished the hare good luck with it's next life. He then returned to the creek and kept following it downstream (2) but found nothing of interest and returned to his camp, where Dwarlamin still hadn't got any sleep, but was overjoyed with the sight of Khan's prize.

Party1
Dwalamin - Hungry. Exausted. Uninjured
Khan - Hungry. Jolly. Scratch in the knee(treated. healing well). Scratch in the forehead(bleeding mildly).
Spoiler: inventory: (click to show/hide)
________________________________________________________________________________

Frel woke alone in the forest. (4)Though it had dawned already, it was still early morning. He set off to find some prey, and attempted to follow the trail of the hare from the previous day (1!)but lost it's trail and spent some hours trying to find it again with no success. He went looking for the others (2)and managed to make his way to the creek, but couldn't find either of the groups by the time sun was high in the sky.

Party3
Frel - Hungry. Uninjured
________________________________________________________________________________

Taric woke early and decided to inspect the creek's bed for usable rocks(4), after a few hours walking arround he had colected a few large quartz stones. When he returned to the shamans, Jet'Qir insisted in returning the stones to the stream as an offering to the spirits. He did so despite Taric's objections, (5)and luck seemed to smile on them, for he found a very finely crafted arrowhead in the streams bed among the rocks. Zruk set himself to build a shelter (5)and with a couple hours work managed to build a lean-to large enough to accommodate the group.
Scryv went exploring upstream, looking for something edible in the water or on the banks, (5)he collected a hanfull of berries and found a fish school that he managed to trap with river stones. He then went to get one of the baskets Taric had constructed and using it as a net managed to catch a handful of small fish. (4)The rest of his expedition awarded him another handful of berries.

Party2
Taric - Somewhat tired. Hungry. Bruised eye(untreated.(4)slightly swollen)
Zruk - Hungry. Uninjured
Jet'Qir - Hungry. Uninjured
Scryv - Hungry. Cut in the toe(treated)

It is noon. None of you has eaten in a day.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2011, 07:49:50 pm »

Find wood for a fire. If possible, build fireplace.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7