Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 854263 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Chill and Relaxed Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #5175 on: September 21, 2011, 11:31:13 pm »

I'm not sure what I'm doing in here actually, but if my sister is any indication of the fanbase the fans say Male/manshep for male Shepard and Femshep for female Shepard. And just Shepard when they mean the character in general.

And really, as someone who finds sexist issues in everything all the time to the point it makes 80% of entertainment out there unenjoyable, there's very little if any of that in Mass effect from what I've seen. Though it does have some other issues that likely would be good topics here possibly.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: September 21, 2011, 11:55:31 pm »

He's dead :*(.

RIP man. This wasn't right.

The final words of Troy Davis are as such:

"I'd like to address the MacPhail family. Let you know, despite the situation you are in, I'm not the one who personally killed your son, your father, your brother. I am innocent.

The incident that happened that night is not my fault. I did not have a gun. All I can ask ... is that you look deeper into this case so that you really can finally see the truth.

I ask my family and friends to continue to fight this fight.

For those about to take my life, God have mercy on your souls. And may God bless your souls."
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: September 22, 2011, 12:48:23 am »

If Troy Davis was innocent; as his court history, the testimonies of those involved, and other related factors have lead me to believe; I hope that it comes to light. I can only hope that some form of good grows out of this... that if yet another innocent was murdered before the truth could come to light, it might chip away at the base of Capital Punishment enough to bring our culture to reconsider it as an appropriate, humane, and just way of punishing the convicted.

Even if you doubt his innocence, or that of anyone else, know this: The only person who can't change their ways is a dead person.

I'm sorry, Troy.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:50:50 am by Solifuge »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: September 22, 2011, 01:19:26 am »

What part of ethical behaviour makes it okay to be a murderer?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: September 22, 2011, 01:30:09 am »

Err, is anyone saying it is? O.o
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: September 22, 2011, 01:34:02 am »

The society itself says it is by not banning it.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Syreniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: September 22, 2011, 02:40:49 am »

The society itself says it is by not banning it.
Uh, what?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: September 22, 2011, 02:51:40 am »

Simple. The society has not removed the death penalty as a punishment. As it hasn't, it is, de facto, affirming that it is a correct solution.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: September 22, 2011, 04:56:35 am »

Simple. The society has not removed the death penalty as a punishment. As it hasn't, it is, de facto, affirming that it is a correct solution.

But seriously, you can't umbrella "society" over one opinion. In fact, most states in America and others countries have outlawed the death penalty. Certainly the vast majority on this site are against it.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: September 22, 2011, 06:52:02 am »

But seriously, you can't umbrella "society" over one opinion. In fact, most states in America and others countries have outlawed the death penalty. Certainly the vast majority on this site are against it.

I know. But that is like saying (to go the furthest to absurdity) "Only some of the states allow genocide as a punishment. Most are against it."

I'm umbrellaing the USA in this statement.

If you are governed by the will of the people, in a democracy, and the majority of people say that a punishment is unjust and should be removed, DAMN WELL REMOVE IT.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: September 22, 2011, 07:15:30 am »

Fuckin' a. Also, Troy Davis would not have been killed if he was white, anybody think otherwise? This is disgusting.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: September 22, 2011, 07:45:52 am »

If you are governed by the will of the people, in a democracy, and the majority of people say that a punishment is unjust and should be removed, DAMN WELL REMOVE IT.
I don't think you understand how the United States works. All of the liberals in the heavily populated states can vote for what they want in their states. If there aren't many liberals in Nebraska, the conservatives will get their way in Nebraska. Similarly, if one particular state has a majority that is not against the death penalty, the death penalty remains. It means that we have a death penalty in some states, but it also means that the people of a state get what the people in that state want. The conservative majority in Nebraska would get rather pissed off if a bunch of liberal city dwellers started telling them what they could or could not do.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: September 22, 2011, 08:20:57 am »

I don't think you understand how the United States works. All of the liberals in the heavily populated states can vote for what they want in their states. If there aren't many liberals in Nebraska, the conservatives will get their way in Nebraska. Similarly, if one particular state has a majority that is not against the death penalty, the death penalty remains. It means that we have a death penalty in some states, but it also means that the people of a state get what the people in that state want. The conservative majority in Nebraska would get rather pissed off if a bunch of liberal city dwellers started telling them what they could or could not do.

It could be banned under a reinterpretation of the eighth amendment.

(Also, fuck state governments, to hell with them. Their existence is one of the biggest mistakes made by the founding fathers)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:22:44 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: September 22, 2011, 08:28:31 am »

I actually think the state system in the US is a neat idea.

Besides, there's no way you can get a country so large running without regional goverments of some sort. Heck, even comparatively smaller countries like Italy, Spain or the UK must resort to them.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: September 22, 2011, 08:32:57 am »

Well, I guess the real problem I have isn't that they exist so much as that they have more power than they should. For administrative purposes I suppose that they make sense, but optimally their power should be midway between that of a city government and the federal government, erring on the side of city, whereas in reality and constitutionally, their power over their jurisdiction is almost as great as the federal government itself.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 852